Soi Bukahao.Water throwing violence

loppylugs1

I came up to Chiang Mai get away from the craziness of Pattaya where fortunately Songkran finished last Friday night.

but I read story that when a foreigner just arrived in Chiang Mai in the middle of Songkran he was carrying a laptop computer

and he told a group of water throwers about this and obviously asked them not to throw water over him whereupon one person said

" bye bye laptop " before going ahead and throwing the water !

• Like 1

This thread needs a video

Exemplary is good enough?

"SONGKRAN 2016, SOI BOAKAOW, SOI LK METRO, SOI HONEY, PATTAYA 15-04-2016"

SOI BOAKAOW being one of maybe two dozen spellings of Soi Buakhao.

(even Google can not manage that biggrin.png )

See how "engaged" the foreigners are as if they have something to proof, "hey I am the biggest fool of all".

The one on black walking back and forth on the road, a victim wink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Throwing water on a biker who has not clearly consented IS violence.

They were on the highway outside of udon throwing buckets of it at motorbikes. I got a face full on mine.

Wouldn't think of punching anyone.

It's dangerous...but common.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 1

It's a Suprise how many people had parents who were siblings, I heard that analogy I think on here, it sums them up perfectly. What do they do when they need to put away their water guns. Is it down to the toyshop to find something else to play with. I get it for the Thais although they're often crazy too but for falang I just don't understand. Spraying water with the intention of causing damage or an accident is just violence, nothing else.

tropo 'This is not even Songkran yet - they'll be at this for days and days.'

I thought it had finished, isn't the Songkran holiday the 13th,14th,15th April every year? Why oh why, do some citys in Thailand extend beyond these days, especially this year with the water shortage.

Edited by Boycie

This is not even Songkran yet - they'll be at this for days and days.

Isn't the Songkran holiday the 13th,14th,15th April every year? Why oh why, do some citys in Thailand extend beyond these days, especially this year with the water shortage.

The Songkran holiday actually MOVES, from north to south. In BKK this year, it was the 13th. The official holiday in Pattaya is the 19th. That's when you'll see Sukhumvit at a virtual stand still with row after row of pickup trucks loaded with barrels of water, continuously spraying every vehicle and person within reach. That will be the worst day for water madness in this area.

The holiday is a couple of days later in Rayong.

See how "engaged" the foreigners are as if they have something to proof, "hey I am the biggest fool of all".

This video is a sad testament to human behaviour, or the collective IQ of Pattaya "tourists" and residents. It can only be understood in the context of being drunk or under the age of 10. How an adults enjoy throwing water on other adults who are already wet, for hours and hours.

This is not even Songkran yet - they'll be at this for days and days.

When I watch that video I fantasize about a bike or car losing control on the wet bend and plowing into the crowd of water tossers.biggrin.png Is this a sad testament to my own personality, or the result of having had too much water tossed at me over the last 10 Songkrans?

The result....

You know its coming, you can't change it so than you should avoid it...

I always like it, 1 day. The other two not much but yes I still need to work so I go by car anywhere I go or by bike if by bike, I ty to avoid the road where they're more likely to play and in the event I still get water... So be it.

Safety or not... Its not my party and not my country. At the moment I step on my bike you know the consequences there might are those days.

tropo 'This is not even Songkran yet - they'll be at this for days and days.'

I thought it had finished, isn't the Songkran holiday the 13th,14th,15th April every year? Why oh why, do some citys in Thailand extend beyond these days, especially this year with the water shortage.

"Tradition" In Pattaya lasts about 8 days. They ought to hold an agoraphobics convention simultaneously for maximum irony.

Throwing water into the viewing area of ANY moving vehicle should be outlawed! Even in a car, when a large volume of water hits the driver's window, attention IS diverted. Often, instinct forces a person to close his eyes, and/ turn his head; as well as perhaps swerve a bit. As noted earlier, any off track movement in the traffic here is a serious danger!

Very true. Let's also not forget about the powder that can make things much worse.. It's water (possibly filthy), powder, and even ice thrown into the face or "viewing area."

Edited by JSixpack

The expected horror. To crash a motorbike is the hope. What fun.

I'm still seeing PVC pipes. Apparently not confiscated this year?