More than 10,000 Tourists Target Pattaya for Wan

snoop1130

More than 10,000 Tourists Target Pattaya for Wan Lai
Pattaya One

WL2.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA -- Today 18th April 2016 is the start of Wan Lai which is Pattaya’s version of Songkran.

More than 10,000 tourists have flooded into Pattaya intent on enjoying themselves.

Tourists both Thai and foreign have been gathering since mid-day along the roads from Pattaya’s Naklua area, many carrying water on their pickup trucks while others are using water guns.

However be advised this fun event on a very hot day has caused traffic congestion and gridlock in some areas with more expected tomorrow. Pattaya police officers are now working hard trying to facilitate the flow of traffic.

Today is also combined Senior Day & Family Day 2016.

Full Story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/223086/10000-tourists-target-pattaya-wan-lai/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-18-04

I was out & about last night. Still large groups of duckheads going strong at half-past midnight. Don't they ever tire of doing the same thing over & over?

DO NOT go into Pattaya today. Millions of litres of Thailand's precious water will flood the streets. A tragic waste.

I was out & about last night. Still large groups of duckheads going strong at half-past midnight. Don't they ever tire of doing the same thing over & over?

DO NOT go into Pattaya today. Millions of litres of Thailand's precious water will flood the streets. A tragic waste.

"Don't they ever tire of doing the same thing over & over?"

I wonder the same thing about those who moan the same things over and over every year or, more accurately, every day.

All this started from the U.S. G.I.s From 1965 and on!

Are you saying that Songkran started with the GIs? Or maybe that beach towns, youthful behavior and celebrations were an American invention? Or possibly cranky foreigners whining incessantly was a CIA plot?

Drove to Pattaya yesterday (18th). Highway 7 quiet. Roads to Big C Extra quiet. Big C quiet, no check out queues. Black Canyon café/restaurant empty. Roads quiet on return journey. Saw no water throwers at all.

On what day/date does the Water Throwing finish in Pattaya, it has been going since around the 13th ?

According to radio 103FM it finishes in Pattaya Weds 20th.

Since I posted I have been looking at Pattaya websites, they all say today ?

Drove to Pattaya yesterday (18th). Highway 7 quiet. Roads to Big C Extra quiet. Big C quiet, no check out queues. Black Canyon café/restaurant empty. Roads quiet on return journey. Saw no water throwers at all.

I think as you get closer to the bay.

On what day/date does the Water Throwing finish in Pattaya, it has been going since around the 13th ?

Yes 17th 18th 19th are the official 3 days.

Yes 17th 18th 19th are the official 3 days.

I don't care what the official days are it has been going on since the 11th. sad.png

All this started from the U.S. G.I.s From 1965 and on!

No. Feeling like having a little bash are we?

How to Avoid Spreading Myths and Misinformation Online

How to Recognise Myths and Misinformation online would be of more value. coffee1.gif

Addressed in the original link. Where's your valuable link?

Yes. clearly "Ludicrous!".

20+ years and I still love Songkran and how I dearly wish that I could be back with the KIds in Pattaya this week, throwing as much water as I can from the back of the pick-up.

I even keep a few plastic zip-up bags to give to those unfortunate tourists who come out of their hotels and are amazed when nobody respects their pitiful begging to be excused from getting the Gucci bag wet.

Try a few weeks in Dhaka, its enough to cure even the most curmudgeonly of the TV moaners about Songkran, let alone the rants about muggers, everyday murder, kidnaping, bombing, gruesome dowry murders; and the political opponents death rate. Thailand is relatively peaceful by comparison.

Songkran is a wonderful, purely Thai invention and it been going on since long before the GI's arrived.

Semi naked women dancing in the streets by the beach, wet tee-shirts. Oh the sin of it all.

Edited by MiKT