Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

I'm in contact with expats from the area, one of the most powerful storms to ever hit the islands.

As it breaks up it will turn into heavy rain that usually continues on to the Asian continent.

It won't amuse the rice harvesters if it reaches northern Thailand.

I'm in contact with expats from the area, one of the most powerful storms to ever hit the islands.

As it breaks up it will turn into heavy rain that usually continues on to the Asian continent.

It won't amuse the rice harvesters if it reaches northern Thailand.

A mate of mine's wife was caught up in the storm. Destroyed their entire village apart from the school (where they sheltered). Not much left of her mother's house where she was staying. They've started putting the pieces back together today. Was pretty scary, so I was told.

Edited by Garry

Yes and we had the pleasure of having the dogs inside all night as we let them in because of the heavy rain and the fireworks and they both refused to leave until 8am. A sure sign of the increasing cold weather.

Surprising as one of them likes to come in for 5 minutes and then stay outside as she takes her guard dog duties seriously.

Neighbor just told me bad weather on the way.

Any warnings out or is it just a Loy Khratong Scrooge wishful thinking?

If you believe the weather forecast it is supposed to start raining Monday night and rain most all day tues and Wednesday.

The forecast is spot on so far. Rain last night and most of today. Mainly light but now and then a bit heavier. No good for the rice harvest.

Edited by ripstanley

Certainly damp here, they planted the rice in two separate lots.

The first was harvested a couple of weeks back in perfect conditions and the second lot has been badly flattened in the last week or so.

Planting something that looks like tobacco today... large leafy seedlings.

Cracking day today, might check out the Le Merid brunch tomorrow.

I would love to join you but my wife takes the car on the weekends. Then again, taking a nice long mountain bike ride is better for my figure than stuffing my face at the brunch. A cracking day for sure.smile.png

This year has been very strange. No rain here last night but very overcast. Our neighbors are out this morning trying to salvage what they can of their harvest. Seems the people who used the multi day traditional method are paying a heavy price this year. I am guessing more people will be switching to a mechanized harvest next year. Very strange weather indeed.

• Like 1

This year has been very strange.  No rain here last night but very overcast.  Our neighbors are out this morning trying to salvage what they can of their harvest.  Seems the people who used the multi day traditional method are paying a heavy price this year.  I am guessing more people will be switching to a mechanized harvest next year.  Very strange weather indeed.

I suggested a few years ago to my wife's parents to go mechanized harvesting. A small overhead in the greater scheme of things. They've never looked back. :)

• Like 1

It was actually chilly walking the dogs this evening. I was thinking this temp would be great for a long bike ride and I am planning to hitch a ride into town with my wife in the morning, so I can ride my bike home. I sure hope it isn’t raining in town tomorrow morning. I like cool but cold and wet doesn’t sound like much fun.