How much do you pay for water?

ExpatOilWorker

6 baht m3 includes free tadpoles, balck filth, shells and lots of air with the rotten eggs smell and gawd knows what else??...............welcome to the village of the damned................I dont use it meself!!

6 baht m3 includes free tadpoles, balck filth, shells and lots of air with the rotten eggs smell and gawd knows what else??...............welcome to the village of the damned................I dont use it meself!!

Tap water, tadpoles by the truck loads, ur own well or do you carry it 10 miles in buckets from the local swamp?

Fair price though.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

Which water ?

potable water or ordinary water for shower, washing machine ..?

For washing machine an so on, I pay only a few baht in my electric bill;

we have a well in our garden and a pump .

and for potable water we pay 5 baht for each tank of 18,9 liters .

We are living in Sakon Nakhon province and have still water until today;

for to morrow, I'm like thai people, it doesn't yet exist cheesy.gif

Tap water, tadpoles by the truck loads, ur own well or do you carry it 10 miles in buckets from the local swamp?

Fair price though.

no, theyll pump this crap to you down a disintegrating 2 inch pipe if u want.

The MWA rates are here:

http://www.mwa.co.th/ewtadmin/ewt/mwa_internet_eng/ewt_news.php?nid=309

The company I work for pays 15.88 baht per m3 and charges 20 baht.

8.5-15 baht/m3 + VAT, so 20 baht/m3 seem fair enough.

"Effective December 1999", Wonder if it current or just not been updated.

A friend is paying 80 baht/m3 in Chiang Mai to have water trucked in.

The MWA rates are here:

http://www.mwa.co.th/ewtadmin/ewt/mwa_internet_eng/ewt_news.php?nid=309

The company I work for pays 15.88 baht per m3 and charges 20 baht.

What a happy coincidence. I was googling this only today but didn't have much luck (including hits from this very forum) as I have a problem due to 10 farmers who have transplanted themselves into the other half of my Bangkok semi-detached house. We share a water tank & I frequently find myself soaped up in the shower, only to be left with a drizzle of water when they start using.

BTW those rates are way out date & are for business customers. Current domestic rates are 8.5B per unit (1000L) for domestic users, using under 30 units; rates are progressive above that.

http://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=utility_costs

My monthly water bill is usually around 100B but the farmers told me theirs is always in excess of 500B. A quick calculation, using the base rate, results in the farmers using close to 60,000L per month or about 2000L per day.

This seems a bit high, even taking into account the friends / family that regularly stay over & the truckload that comes from Isaan during the school holidays. Given the progressive rates, I'll reduce my estimate to 1500L per day.

The (rather small looking) tank is on the farm but I'll make discreet enquiries tomorrow. I suspect it's rarely full, due to the sudden drop in pressure of my water when the farmers turn on theirs.

I think a larger tank wouldn't make any difference anyway. Probably need a separate line from the mains pipe...

EDIT: Just noticed that VAT is not included. Would that be at the usual 7%? Also need to factor in the 'fill rate'. Anyone have any detail on that?

Edited by GanDoonToonPet

BTW those rates are way out date & are for business customers. Current domestic rates are 8.5B per unit (1000L) for domestic users, using under 30 units; rates are progressive above that.

The rates are current. Have a look again. Domestic rates are on the left hand side of the table. Commercial rates are on the right.

The rates are current. Have a look again. Domestic rates are on the left hand side of the table. Commercial rates are on the right.

You're right. My apologies. smile.png

Those rates are cheaper than Chiang Mai.

As an interesting comment if you live in a condo you pay commercial rates for water at the rate of the whole building. So in Chiang Mai that is 29.75 B per cu metre plus VAT assuming a normal sized Condo.

If you were a private house and could then have your own metre it would be under 10 Baht pre cu metre.

37 baht per unit I believe, end up paying about 450/month in my condo, which I think is way too much.

I'd agree. I'm never more than 60 baht/month in a Chiang Mai condo, or a village about 20 km outside Chiang Rai.

Much more watchful on the electricity, about 1500 baht/month.

Interesting to see the different amounts people pay for the 20L water containers for "drinking water".

In Pattaya currently paying 30baht for 20L delivered but know of other companies charging 50 baht......

Big difference however to those posters quoting 5 and 12 baht per container.

SO...you want a water bill?....Last month 2000baht....the price of water here is dearer than Australia if you work it out....we used to pay 6 baht through the meter, and suddenly it's 18baht ....thats some rise if you take notice....

Where i live Nam Phong,Khon kaen.the water is shared between 3 houses,ours and my wifes 2 sisters.The bill is delivered to our house(which has the meter)and the 2 sisters pay up just before the pay date.We all have 2 bath room houses and the bill is never more than 600 baht a month.Thats 200 baht a household.I am happy with that.We use a lot of water,but the bill is about the same every month. My electric is about 350 baht monthly.I aint complaining.Up to now,weve had no drought problems or warnings of water loss.

Our deeper well ran out last week and I am now buying water for the garden. We have a pick up with a tank so we collect it ourselves and that works out at 70/M3 including fuel.

If we had it delivered it would be 100 baht by small bowser and 80 baht by large bowser. That's in Chonburi city area.

Just hoping the rain comes before I have to buy water for the house supply.