people sending money to strangers online ?

marcofunny

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're buying into a fantasy.

Sometimes a bit of phone sex.

cant they just say to them I will give you hand to hand (cash) and no other way and keep insisting on that, besides Thailand has affordable P4P services then why even bother , I m starting this topic because I have a dude who got scammed 5K from some Thai lady online ??

Edited by marcofunny

Not everyone wants to come to Thailand.

then travel elsewhere to some cheap P4P destination, I ve worked as a designer for some dating website and the number of idiots losing money to scammers are amazing indeed, we had a huge sign warning them "don't send any penny to any stranger" but that did not stop it.

Edited by marcofunny

You overlooked how many (mature) Thai love ridden women have fallen into this trap and sent money from Thailand.

in fact the number of foreigners losing money to Thai / Filipina women and African scammers online are very high at least 50 guys daily, the sums however are rarely above 20K Baht and 98% of them wont file any police report or ( the law does not protect the dupes ) .

Edited by marcofunny

I m starting this topic because I have a dude who got scammed 5K from some Thai lady online ??

5k what? Pound, Dollar, Euro, Baht, Indian Rupee?

Baht he merely knows the person for 2 days, professional scammers rarely target huge sums to avoid prosecution.

Edited by marcofunny

I m starting this topic because I have a dude who got scammed 5K from some Thai lady online ??

Baht he merely knows the person for 2 days, professional scammers rarely target huge sums to avoid persecution.

Do they try to avoid persecution or prosecution?

Baht he merely knows the person for 2 days, professional scammers rarely target huge sums to avoid persecution.

Do they try to avoid persecution or prosecution?

Hill tribe minorities I expect

The sender, probably male is trying to secure a long distance gf who will show him on cam 'what she's got' and in return he will send 'take care' money

Naive to say the least but some people are lonely &/or desperate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even if you are desperate to hell, you can make a precondition on the person that money will be exchanged (hand to hand) only and nothing else and if they go away then just let them go away, I know people who are as old as 75 yrs and still using this strategy successfully as nothing will be given for FREE, payment must be made after service rendered, plain n simple send a photo of some cash and tell the person, come get it or f*** off.

Edited by marcofunny

Baht he merely knows the person for 2 days, professional scammers rarely target huge sums to avoid prosecution.

5k Baht (I really was not sure):

I would say he got a cheap chance to learn his lesson.

Others spend millions and end broken.

Me love you long time or you just won $1 million !!!

It goes both ways.

A Thai lady in my village (very big upscale house, 2 expensive cars) has had 3 farang husbands, all have died within a couple of years of marrying this woman, she's now about 65 years old, keeps herself looking a bit younger, very over-confident.

A few months back she met a European man, same age, on a dating site. He came quickly to Thailand and moved in. A few months later they married and went together to Europe to live.

She returned within 2 weeks, no hesitation to tell her neighbors when they got to Europe he demanded that she pay off his mortgage and buy him an expensive car.

What's the real story? Who knows.

Every monetary exchange online is not a "scam".

If some fool pays a lady for some "show on cam", that is not a scam.

The rich Thai lady who married a farang and went to Europe, where the man demanded that she pay off his mortgage and buy him an expensive car....that is not a scam.

Do you imply that Hill Tribe minorities are scammers? Or that they are sending money?.

Your enlightening me is appreciated, it will save me the time to read an interesting Book, Man , about prejudices..

Do you imply that Hill Tribe minorities are scammers? Or that they are sending money?.

Your enlightening me is appreciated, it will save me the time to read an interesting Book, Man , about prejudices..

Lighten up dude

my post was clearly light hearted in response to a misused word

I ve never understood the mindset of some naive people who sends money to strangers online

Every time I buy (or sell) something on eBay or buy things from places like Lazada or put in online auction bids at one of two businesses in Bangkok, etc. I'm sending money (or will do) to strangers online.

Presumably you're talking about strangers who offer some sort of sexual fantasy rather than strangers in general. I guess some people are desperate. I could never understand how people could respond to emails about the Nigerian lottery or from the widow of some deposed head of state who wants help shifting millions of dollars. Apparently some did respond. Apparently, based on some of the posts on TV, a lot of people come to Thailand and "hook up" with the first woman (or man) with a pulse and then remain in Thailand on overstay where their long-suffering families back in Farang Land refuse to bail them out.

As you said, some people are naive. It's fun discussing things naive people do because then we can feel better about ourselves and probably forget some of the monumentally stupid things we've done at one time or another.

Some people are sheep and some people are sheep shearers.