Import a 2004 Harley Davidson in Thailand

Bigstef

Just come back home Canada and my bike in Thailand begin to be a local bike (engine problem),and i would like to take my HD in Thailand,because i do spend more time in LOS than Canada,so apart the boat freight i would like to know how much it would cost to have it legit in Thailand,someone told me it's better to put in Thai wife name before,any tips on this thanks......

It can be summed up in two words, forget it, unless your father, uncle or best friend working

at the custom department, and even than, it's not a walk in the park, beside, best to my knowledge

Thailand doesn't allow the importation of second vehicles.....

The answer has not really to do with who you know, of course some people could be more helpful than others. But a 2004 Harley-Davidson is hardly unique, you cannot even classify it as a classic-motorcycle and therefore it’s impossible to import.

As the Thai law says, all import of used motorcycles is prohibited. If you the owner of a really nice classic-bike you can obtain an import permit, but that’s no guarantee that you will ever make the motorcycle street legal.

Makes one wonder how all older Harleys arrived in Thailand. Go to your local bike shop and enquire. It can be done

Nothing to wonder about... Laws have changed over the years. What was once possible now is not possible. Bad advice telling him to go to a shop to try and do something illegal

Makes one wonder how all older Harleys arrived in Thailand. Go to your local bike shop and enquire. It can be done

Nothing to wonder about... Laws have changed over the years. What was once possible now is not possible. Bad advice telling him to go to a shop to try and do something illegal

yes, also as long as there are gullible farang there are more than enough Thai willing to "help" them .

Edited by pokerkid

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Lawyer,

Please tell me what i instructed the OP to do that is illegal.

Mr. Lawyer,

Please tell me what i instructed the OP to do that is illegal.

Think post #4 refers.