Phuket beaches

amdy2206

Can't imagine why anyone would go to Phuket in May! Or any other month, actually. Might be lucky to find a clean beach and no "tides"I suppose. For the west coast I would go further south; though if it rains there will be jellyfish problems. I would have thought Lamai or Ko Chang were better solutions. Plenty of pleasant hotels with pools.

Huh....

He wants to go to Phuket and you suggest an island in the gulf on the other side of the country??

He says beach and you say "pleasant hotel with pool"??

Nice help bro

Edited by 2fishin2

Marina between Kata and Karon is good. Beautiful rooms and there is a calm beach sheltered with many fish. I assume you would be watching the three year old. It is also easily accessible from the resort so you can go more than once in a day if you wish to. Nice place for a kid to learn how to snorkel.

The rooms are also pretty nice especially for the money. completely done up in traditional styles and the gardens are fantastic.

Thank you for all your replies to date. I was going to Koh Samet but put off by comments so switched to Phuket. I was just trying to get a general opinion about the beaches there with the aim of finding a suitable one to take my 3 year old son (almost 4). He enjoys the sand and sea very much so looking for somewhere not too crowded and safe. I understand everyone will have their favourites and that is to be expected but the comments received have narrowed down the choice to only 2 or 3 which makes it much easier to pick a suitable one. Also thanks for the hotel suggestions. Again a personal choice but it is good to hear peoples opinions and gives me something to go on. Thanks.

Thank you for all your replies to date. I was going to Koh Samet but put off by comments so switched to Phuket. I was just trying to get a general opinion about the beaches there with the aim of finding a suitable one to take my 3 year old son (almost 4). He enjoys the sand and sea very much so looking for somewhere not too crowded and safe. I understand everyone will have their favourites and that is to be expected but the comments received have narrowed down the choice to only 2 or 3 which makes it much easier to pick a suitable one. Also thanks for the hotel suggestions. Again a personal choice but it is good to hear peoples opinions and gives me something to go on. Thanks.

Le Meridien could be an idea, but they sort of have you trapped like the Laguna resorts.

There is a Thai food place just in walking distance, and a cab or tuk tuk (hotel might even have transpo) should not be too expensive into Patong.