DSI presses on tackling Phra Dhammachayo

webfact

DSI presses on tackling Phra Dhammachayo

270401-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) insisted on tackling the controversial abbot of Wat Dhammakaya, Phra Dhammachayo, after the Criminal Court yesterday rejected its request for the issuance of warrant to arrest him.

The requested arrest warrant came after the abbot failed to report to the DSI inquiry officers for the acknowledgement of three Criminal charges in connection with a conspiracy to siphon multi billion baht from the Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative’s saving funds which most members are retired government officials and employees.

After being rejected the request by the court, DSI officers held a meeting immediately to discuss possible steps to deal with him.

The meeting concluded that the DSI will instead summon him again for questioning on May 16.

If he again refuses, then another request for his arrest will be sought from the court.

Phra Dhammachayo is facing three charges, conspiracy in money laundering, money laundering, and theft.

The charges were imposed after long Investigation by DSI found him allegedly receiving cheques from Suphachai Srisupha-Aksorn, the former chairman of the Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative, worth two billion baht.

Suphachai is now in prison.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/161200

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-27

It would be helpful if the court's ruling was provided, i.e. its reasons for rejecting the arrest warrant.

A cynical person might conclude that there was interference, or collusion or inappropriate conduct.

However, a court can refuse to grant an arrest warrant when there is insufficient evidence, i.e. a shaky case.

I hope the warrant was not declined because the target is an abbot.

Transparency and clear communication would go a long way in maintaining confidence in the judicial system

He is going to stub his middle Finger at the police for as long as he can and they know it and the police DSI will not do a thang..

One of the fine examples of using the religiouscoffee1.gifwhistling.gif system to his advantage..

It would be helpful if the court's ruling was provided, i.e. its reasons for rejecting the arrest warrant.

A cynical person might conclude that there was interference, or collusion or inappropriate conduct.

However, a court can refuse to grant an arrest warrant when there is insufficient evidence, i.e. a shaky case.

Transparency and clear communication would go a long way in maintaining confidence in the judicial system

Another news report seems to indicate the court accepted his claims of cannot report because of various health issues.

Didn't the court explain the reason for rejecting the arrest warrant is that the abbot is not a flight risk?

That means that so long as the abbot doesn't attempt to leave the country, it wll reject any repeated attempts to arrest the abbot.

.......give him enough time that he needs......

.......how pathetically, obviously sick this is......'justice' by any other name.....

......make sure he has enough time to get rid of any evidence....

.......bl**dy insane....