Slow safari browser

AlexRRR

My safari browser on Mac has been getting slower and slower sometimes it just can't open a page, might be something to do with the junky sites like Yify and a few sites i watch football for free on, you get plastered with pop ups.

Done a quick search on the net but haven't found anything helpful, from a test i ran recently and I've forgotten what it was the computer showed up fine...but no way is it fine, thought of getting chrome or one of those browsers but i really dont want to.

I checked my hard drive of 1TB its around 550gig....any ideas or knowledge to clear thi sup would be very helpful.

Why not just download Chrome for Mac and try it... see if any improvement... If you don't like it you can always uninstall it...

I've not used Safari in years.... I find most third party programs for Mac are better than most stuff from Apple.... wink.png

I use Safari with the latest OS X 10.11.4 Previously I preferred firefox, but now I prefer the latest version of Safari, and also find it quicker.

Have you tried clearing the cache? To do this, in the menu bar, go to Safari / Preferences / Advanced. In the advanced window check "Show Develop

Menu in menu bar". Now go the the Develop in the menu bar and select "Empty Caches". I have found this to help in the past (Usually Thai Visa).

There are other options also, such as disable Javascript, Extensions, etc.

Regards.

Archived