Why there is so much stereotype around Thai girls?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't a small percentage, it's 95% of all Thai girls foreigners are able to meet.

Among the foreigners I know with Thai girls, 100%, despite 75% claiming they aren't.

Good luck with the 'loyal and caring'

Not sure about them being 'the best quality' but they are certainly easy and cheap.

There is no need to ask why you came to Thailand and where you hang out! However, having had a number of Thai girlfriends and two Thai wives, none of which fall into the categories you associate with I find your disparaging remarks ill thought out and totally inaccurate. Obliviously you haven't met any government workers and others that have had normal jobs in sales and/or offices for example and by your admission of the company you keep none of the majority Thai girls would want to, accidentaly, get anywhere near as the end of a bargepole!

Some people find the thought that they married a prostitute to be excruciatingly embarrassing, so much so that they cannot admit it, even to themselves. They come on these threads vehemently protesting that they are a cut above it all. In my observation, the overwhelming majority of foreign men who are involved with Thai women met them through the entertainment industry. This observation comes from 30 years of coming here and 13 years of living here. Sorry, but I've yet to meet in real life a single couple which doesn't fit this pattern. While I'm sure there are a few out there who met their Thai spouse through work or study, or via other more "innocent" venues, i personally remain skeptical, not due to a lack of imagination, but simply because of a lack of evidence to the contrary.

In Thailand you never see foreign men (especially older foreign men) chatting up Thai women of any age out on the street, hanging out at the mall, waiting at bus stops, sun bathing at the beach, lounging around the pool. I can speak Thai, and can chat up anybody. I'm older now, (not to mention married,) but in my younger days, Thai women found me physically attractive. But with that said, if a Thai woman was forward and wanted to get involved with me, it was more often than not because I represented an opportunity to improve her station in life. So is that person, whose primary motive was financial benefit, a prostitute? Is a garment worker who once in a while goes down to Bangkok on her day off to hang out in the Thermae Bar in the hopes of meeting a foreign guy, a prostitute? Is a Samut Prakan college student who goes down to Pattaya on the weekends to hang out in the bars to make extra money a college student or a prostitute? I guess as the Thais like to say it's 'up to you.'

What does that label really mean anyway? Are you making a character judgement, or are you just saying that that Oldsmobile has too many miles? And by the way, I've met Thai women in places like shopping malls and airports here who the last thing you would think was a prostitute, but turned out to make the pros in Nana Entertainment Plaza look like vestal virgins. My point is that there's a lot of shades of grey over here, and I thoroughly agree with Thaidream's comment that people should stop acting like they're better than other people depending on whether their spouse worked in the entertainment industry.

Another point. Most Thai women over the age of 20 have to support themselves in one fashion or another. Those who do not have to work, are likely already married and have started a family, and have a husband to look after them. Be it a bank teller, an office worker, a waitress, a seamstress, a hotel receptionist, a men's cologne counter girl, a a school teacher, you name it, please tell me how anybody who is working 9-5 can hook up, and become romantically involved with a foreign tourist who is visiting for 2-4 weeks on holiday? My point is that the logistics of becoming romantically involved with an average Thai woman are nothing less than daunting. When you consider the constraints of her work schedule, the slow tempo of normal Thai courtship, the small problem of "Gee, you're leaving in 3 weeks?", seeking parental and family approval, language barriers, age differences, vacation schedules, etc., it's hard to see how this is done.

Suppose, you're travelling around the countryside, and meet a girl in her home town? You think she's going to risk getting sexually involved with a foreign guy in front of her family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, only to have the guy take a bunch of selfies of the two of them together before heading for the airport? And then when you consider that the siren song and ready availability of countless entertainment venues constantly beckons, where doe-eyed, angel-faced nymphs eagerly await you, who in their right mind would not chose that option?

This is what I think is going on. Time passes and the wife gets older. She's still pretty, but a little hard to picture her as a bar girl any more. Besides, she's spent time overseas or here living with with you. Her diet, grooming, and fashion sense have become more westernized. She's more sophisticated, her English has improved considerably; goodness, she's come so far. Look at her in her Ban-Ray prescription sunglasses, driving around in her Toyota Fortuner, always with her seat belt tightly fastened. Lilly Pulitzer dresses and Jimmy Choo heels complete the package. There's one tiny butterfly tattoo on the small of her back, but most of the time it's demurely covered up. Time and money have erased every trace of her bar girl past. It's all good. No one can prove whether what I'm saying is the truth or not. Certainly not on an anonymous internet forum. That's my take on what's going on most of the time on threads like these.

I'll agree with you a long way, but not the statement with only entertainment as meeting points, between foreigners and Thai partners.

I've been living here permanent more than 10 years – little shorter than you – and coming in-out a number of years before that. Roughly counted, from my personal knowledge of farang-man Thai-lady couples, I'll say 50 percent met each other by some way of nightlife; the other 50 percent by other means, including the mid-aged foreign man chatting up with a much younger Thai lady and beginning a slow dating process.

However, I agree with that most of them meeting in the nightlife, especially a bar, don't speak too loud about it. And the ladies from outside the entertainment area mingling with a farangs – i.e. begin a dating process – may have similar intentions as the bar-girl, meaning to find a better provider as partner in a farang; just the way-of-progress is different. Even some of worst true-life Thai-rip-off-farang disarters I know, comes from non-entertainment ladies – the kind of horror stories that is another of the reasons, to give Thai girls the reputation OP talks about...

As I said in my earlier post in this thread: Girls normally try to marry up in social status – also in Western and probably all other countries – and a "rich" foreigner must be a better provider and higher social level, than a Thai man from Isaan. We foreigners often meet the girls and ladies from the lower social levels – often from farmer families up Isaan, but of course not always – it's not extremely likely we hook up with a hi-so Thai-Chinese lady from a wealthy family...whistling.gif

But that said does not mean, that a primary financial based relationship, even with an age difference, cannot succeed – it can. I know quite a number of successful relationships/marriages...smile.png

Edited by khunPer

You need to understand that the bulk of western guys who land in Thailand don't appeal to nice girls in their own country so why would a decent Thai girl want them? These girls have standards like any other decent girl. I have quite a few colleagues like myself who met our wives in the office environment ( I'm an international business lawyer). Unfortunately the vast majority of guys only see Thai women through the small prism of prostitutes. If you only spent time in your own country with prostitutes you'd certainly have a skewed view of the women in your country. Those of us who actually have good marriages with good Thai women (10 great years now) simply don't flood the Internet about it like the ones who involve themselves with hookers then wonder why it all went bad and need to vent about their own stupidity. It is entertaining though!

Some western men are simply not attracted to western women whom they perceive overly arrogant, demanding or simply fat. Nice girls are for those with $$$, entertainers, FB stars, and out of reach.

Of course we hear about horror stories in Thailand, but /probably/ no more than in the west. Google 'talk show fights' for instance.

In Thailand by contrast, these men find nice girls, who, whatever their past, give them presence and love.

Is anyone against that?

Borrox! It's sour grapes.

They're attracted to

Western women just fine;

they just can't get the

ones they want so they

come here to buy a poor

one.

As for presence and love,

if it comes in exchange for

a salary, they can shove it

The majority of foreigners who come to Thailand never get to know any Thai women who do not associate with foreign men to earn their living.

As a result, they refuse to believe they could do better.....

and they never do.

The majority of Thai women are not the ones that work foreigners in the westernized tourist locations of Thailand.

But if you only know the westernized tourist areas, they are probably all you will meet.

When the tourist go home........they don't talk about the good women they know nothing about.and the good women are not a good topic for the TV shows.

Shows about the pitiful sextourists and evil bargirls get the good ratings.

I have proof.

Many years of a marriage to a good, university educated, hard working Thai woman who is a great wife and mother and.who has never stepped into a bar in her life.

But tourist and TV shows never talk about women like her.

sin sod. any money for her family?

You and she live out Thailand close to YOUR family and far away from her?? rolleyes.gif Mariege western style in You country or anywhere but not in Thailand..?

Edited by ardokano

Take a look at the western-Thai relationships around. Most of the men want a very, very young girl. Many of the men that enter the country to stay for the long term are of retirement age. The only way they're going to find the "looks" they want is to pay. It's exceptionally rare to see a western man with an age appropriate woman. As such, they're willing to pay to play. That's their choice.

I'm 32 and my wife is 31. She has a masters degree in marketing, speaks three languages, has never asked me for or about money and we have a great relationship. Good people do exist, even here. You're just not going to find them at a bar or on a Thai dating website. Go out, be friendly, speak a little Thai and impress a girl, things will work out.

JeffreyO,

Tell your wife you have no more money and you will have to sell the house or condo,

cars and everything to pay the bills.

She will be running out the door so fast you'll be able to pour cocktails on her coat tails!

Money is their God; next is home, condo, car, motorbike, before family, children, friends.

Guess where you fit in Mr ATM?

Good call, except I don't have a house or a condo. She pays the bills, I pay the rent. Generally things come out pretty even at about 50/50. We do plan on buying a house back in the states but I suppose that's a conversation for another time since nothing is concrete at the moment.

I'm sorry, not all relationships are about money, although yes money is important to any relationship.

Take a look at the western-Thai relationships around. Most of the men want a very, very young girl. Many of the men that enter the country to stay for the long term are of retirement age. The only way they're going to find the "looks" they want is to pay. It's exceptionally rare to see a western man with an age appropriate woman. As such, they're willing to pay to play. That's their choice.

I'm 32 and my wife is 31. She has a masters degree in marketing, speaks three languages, has never asked me for or about money and we have a great relationship. Good people do exist, even here. You're just not going to find them at a bar or on a Thai dating website. Go out, be friendly, speak a little Thai and impress a girl, things will work out.

JeffreyO,

Tell your wife you have no more money and you will have to sell the house or condo,

She will be running out the door so fast you'll be able to pour cocktails on her coat tails!

Money is their God; next is home, condo, car, motorbike, before family, children, friends.

Good call, except I don't have a house or a condo. She pays the bills, I pay the rent. Generally things come out pretty even at about 50/50. We do plan on buying a house back in the states but I suppose that's a conversation for another time since nothing is concrete at the moment.

I'm sorry, not all relationships are about money, although yes money is important to any relationship.

No car?

You only pay rent. Not give any for she or her family?

If do. Stop it and lets look what happened.

Part of the picture is the part that isn't seen.....

Thai gals in other countries tend to have their own closed social networks with their families/husbands....They tend to keep within their group.....Small in numbers and pretty much unseen - not aggressive towards enlarging their social circle.....

Unlike - say Filipinos - who just about everyone knows at least a few, the Thai's are quietly invisible.....People just can't get to know them without being invited into that social circle......

That leaves either traveling here and taking them time to meet the real ones or sensationalized stories/headlines/certain sleazy areas by deserved reputation....

Unless interested no one is going to "study" Thailand but the scandalous stories & myths are out there floating around....

Part of the picture is the part that isn't seen.....

Thai gals in other countries tend to have their own closed social networks with their families/husbands....They tend to keep within their group.....Small in numbers and pretty much unseen - not aggressive towards enlarging their social circle.....

Unlike - say Filipinos - who just about everyone knows at least a few, the Thai's are quietly invisible.....People just can't get to know them without being invited into that social circle......

That leaves either traveling here and taking them time to meet the real ones or sensationalized stories/headlines/certain sleazy areas by deserved reputation....

Unless interested no one is going to "study" Thailand but the scandalous stories & myths are out there floating around....

What myths?

Thai sel they dauther as meat its myths, no.. have Sin Sod.

Thai girl care about money and many of then for this is reason try find guy out from Thaipand , even accept old guy look as grandfather?

Not myth.

Some avatar on TV proof of this is.

So What is myth?

Its all true.

Yes not All thai and not all thai girl. But it big percent and thats why have stereotype about Thai girl.

JeffreyO,

No car?

No car. I live just 50m from a Sukhumvit BTS station, there's really no need for me to have a car most of the time. I rent cars from time to time if we want to go somewhere a bit further. No, I don't give anything to her family. They never ask. One time her sister asked for a small loan of about 30k baht, which I gave and which was repaid later that month.

Before you jump on the sinsod train, that was also returned to me, in full. I explained that I am not okay with "paying" for a girl, I will marry her if I love her. They agreed and they kept their word.

Believe it or not, our relationship expenses are relatively 50/50, with the exception of trips which I generally pay for because they're generally my idea XD.

Edited by JeffreyO

Jeffery, you might as well pound sand down a rat hole. The vast majority of posters who frequent this forum simply have no concept of a relationship with a local female that is not based on money.

The vast majority have also spent little or no time in Thailand and simply keep perpetuating the myths that they read on this forum.

The ones that do have more experience in Thailand and bad mouth the country and the people have usually made poor life choices, got emotionally hurt or financially burnt through their own stupidity, and wish all and sundry to know how bad the place is.

Most were losers before they came here and continue to be so when they leave.

"Best quality girls" so u got a "grade A " then. Was there a promotion on? Your comments speak volumes about you. As for the reputation of Thai women... No smoke without fire springs to mind.

Empty vessels make most noise is equally applicable to many of the posters on this thread.

No car?

No car. I live just 50m from a Sukhumvit BTS station, there's really no need for me to have a car most of the time. I rent cars from time to time if we want to go somewhere a bit further. No, I don't give anything to her family. They never ask. One time her sister asked for a small loan of about 30k baht, which I gave and which was repaid later that month.

Before you jump on the sinsod train, that was also returned to me, in full. I explained that I am not okay with "paying" for a girl, I will marry her if I love her. They agreed and they kept their word.

Believe it or not, our relationship expenses are relatively 50/50, with the exception of trips which I generally pay for because they're generally my idea XD.

Ok then. But it is not typical for Thailand.

and topic about

"stereotype around Thai girls"

and it all about which is typical for Thailand.

PS

" I explained that I am not okay with "paying" for a gir"

but you PAY, and after you payment return is it?

"Before you jump on the sinsod train, that was also returned to me, in full."

SO if you "not okay with "paying" for a gir""

Why you give money?blink.png

about simular i talk in another topic..

"It would be better not to build at all because going cheap means parents and daughter lose face in the eyes of the village and they will forever hate you for it. Think about it seriously before you go this route."©

"Why need wife who can hate you because some strange people thinks? Wife care more about some other people think than her husband wants?

Who need this wife?" ©

Jeffery, you might as well pound sand down a rat hole. The vast majority of posters who frequent this forum simply have no concept of a relationship with a local female that is not based on money.

The vast majority have also spent little or no time in Thailand and simply keep perpetuating the myths that they read on this forum.

The ones that do have more experience in Thailand and bad mouth the country and the people have usually made poor life choices, got emotionally hurt or financially burnt through their own stupidity, and wish all and sundry to know how bad the place is.

cheesy.gif

once it was an accident '
twice is a coincidence
three times is a very lucky coincidence.
4,5,6 .... This pattern
if you wear rose-colored glasses and close your eyes.
it does not mean that it is a myth or that not have.
rolleyes.gif

No car?

and topic about

PS

"It would be better not to build at all because going cheap means parents and daughter lose face in the eyes of the village and they will forever hate you for it. Think about it seriously before you go this route."©

"Why need wife who can hate you because some strange people thinks? Wife care more about some other people think than her husband wants?

Who need this wife?" ©

No, I don't consider it "payment", the sinsod situation because as it was explained to me it's part of the wedding ceremony. Which it was, they spread it out as part of a "show". Payment is something you don't get back. I simply "showed" that I had the ability to take care of her if need be, in a culturally accepted way. In the same sense that if I was lacking in funds, I know she has the ability to take care of me as well. That's part of marriage. The girl you pay for will drop you like a bad habit if she thinks you no longer have money to offer.

Again, I never said it was necessarily easy to find a great girl, anywhere in life. Not in the UK, the USA, any part of western europe, South America, Asia, etc. It's not, just like it's not easy for them to find a good man. I simply said that it's not impossible.

My wife has never been viewed in poor light, either here or o/s.

Her Father and Mother are proud, honourable people.

She's a "good girl", savvy and switched on and I love her unconditionally.

The hard part living here is finding similar couples to befriend. I see them infrequently and I doubt many of the men are on this forum.

What's disappointing is the lads I know with the former whores who wish to maintain friendship. It'll never happen but the dudes just can't see it. They're desperate for their Lo-so girls to be friends with my girl but neither of us will have it.

Just remember, you're in a class driven society.

Accept your choices.

And here i was naively thinking that it's the actions of other people that make me want to be with them... not what car they drive or how big house they got.

and topic about

PS

Who need this wife?" ©

No, I don't consider it "payment", the sinsod situation because as it was explained to me it's part of the wedding ceremony. Which it was, they spread it out as part of a "show". Payment is something you don't get back. I simply "showed" that I had the ability to take care of her if need be, in a culturally accepted way. In the same sense that if I was lacking in funds, I know she has the ability to take care of me as well. That's part of marriage. The girl you pay for will drop you like a bad habit if she thinks you no longer have money to offer.

Again, I never said it was necessarily easy to find a great girl, anywhere in life. Not in the UK, the USA, any part of western europe, South America, Asia, etc. It's not, just like it's not easy for them to find a good man. I simply said that it's not impossible.

Show for who?

For who this is show know its money return?whistling.gif

if i take payment by my credit card and apfter pay back whith out any intrest and even get some cashback

its still be payment by two waywink.png .

In the same sense that if I was lacking in funds, I know she has the ability to take care of me as well.

How you know?

you try it?

wink.png wai.gif

If the shoe fits, wear it goes the old saying...................I apologize, been coming in and out of Thailand since 1969, spent most of my adult life in SE Asia, and I don't have an answer for you................if I told anyone I et my former wife in a Church, or said she was a Sales Woman in a successful company - I would get the look, "Yeah......Right" I quit trying to defend my family in their eyes, because I knew to wouldn't do anything to change their stereotypic views on all Asians Girls...............Love your family and screw the rest of them...........

and topic about

PS

Who need this wife?" ©

Show for who?

if i take payment by my credit card and apfter pay back whith out any intrest and even get some cashback

In the same sense that if I was lacking in funds, I know she has the ability to take care of me as well.

How you know?

you try it?

wink.png wai.gif

At no point were they in ownership of my funds but I appreciate your concern. The credit card argument is moot.

Regarding the other question, yes, I have. There have been times when I said I wasn't going to transfer money to Thailand this month for various reasons, investments, maintaining account agreements to gain interest, etc. Multiple times she has paid for everything when I was not able or not willing to. Sorry to put a little disappointment on your narrow view of the world but no, not every woman is out to get money. Some are, some aren't.

Strange you should think that. There are loads of guys posting on here who are (allegedly !) just like Jeffery O.

Yeah, I think there are some who purport to feel like Jeffrey, but there are also those married only to hi-so Thai-Chinese, those proud to admit they married an Isaan bar girl, and those who would not disclose their preferences.

and topic about

PS

Who need this wife?" ©

Erm... It is typical for Thailand... This is typical of my experiences of past girlfriends and present wife. JerreryO's experiences also mirror that of most of my friends who are in very normal relationships.

It may not be typical for you ardokano - however, that just tells us how limited your encounters may have been.

I agree with the posters that are writing that perhaps these stereotypes of Thai women exist because they are perpetuated and bragged about by men who see nothing else; those who do not see the 'other side' of life here... the normal every day life that most people live...

It's hardly noteworthy for a guy brag that he is in a very normal relationship...

But, it is very noteworthy for guys to go home (or stay here) and brag in bars about how easily they picked up numerous p4p girls.

Of course - the p4p stereotype is accurate. However, anyone would have to be dumb not to recognise that Thailand is a multifaceted society and it seems many may not have been exposed to the face of Thailand that is just 'very normal'....

Edited by richard_smith237

There is a stereotype surrounding Thai girls.

Look at the quality of whites here and have a think about it.

Am I classist?

On this forum, u bet I am.

For those of you that speak the language and associate with Thais you'll know how classist they are.

Yes everyone knows it's a classist society but foreigners are rarely measured against Thai socio-economic standards.

You don't need to adopt Thai superficiality in order to remain married to a Thai woman.

Only someone from a very lowly background would seize upon an opportunity for apparent upward mobility within an archaic, hierarchical society that actually excludes him on account of his race.

You're a very confused man

and topic about

PS

Who need this wife?" ©

Erm... It is typical for Thailand... This is typical of my experiences of past girlfriends and present wife. JerreryO's experiences also mirror that of most of my friends who are in very normal relationships.

It may not be typical for you ardokano - however, that just tells us how limited your encounters may have been.

I agree with the posters that are writing that perhaps these stereotypes of Thai women exist because they are perpetuated and bragged about by men who see nothing else; those who do not see the 'other side' of life here... the normal every day life that most people live...

It's hardly noteworthy for a guy brag that he is in a very normal relationship...

But, it is very noteworthy for guys to go home (or stay here) and brag in bars about how easily they picked up numerous p4p girls.

Of course - the p4p stereotype is accurate. However, anyone would have to be dumb not to recognise that Thailand is a multifaceted society and it seems many may not have been exposed to the face of Thailand that is just 'very normal'....

You/your also not give she family money/ sin sod..

not build house on they ground?

and it is only an exception foreigner pay for girl bill,build/ buy house, family girl take money from she

ha ha

and most girls in Thailand get income 30-80k and they no need money from foreigner BF even they pay for BF

You so funny

PS

you and your friend get extrem situation as no any money more ( i am not mean- honey this is month i get some investment so you pay and next month i back you...) i mean really NOT money more.. like - honey i am lost my Job

and all my ammount in home country arest for debt..

now just 10k bath per month and not see in next few year how can be fixed...may be cant

and topic about

PS

Who need this wife?" ©

Show for who?

How you know?

you try it?

wink.png wai.gif

At no point were they in ownership of my funds but I appreciate your concern. The credit card argument is moot.

Regarding the other question, yes, I have. There have been times when I said I wasn't going to transfer money to Thailand this month for various reasons, investments, maintaining account agreements to gain interest, etc. Multiple times she has paid for everything when I was not able or not willing to. Sorry to put a little disappointment on your narrow view of the world but no, not every woman is out to get money. Some are, some aren't.

Again.

Money for sin sot you SHOW for who?

People for who you SHOW know whet only SHOW?

If not its be payment for this is people.( in bus you stay for people in bus you not moved, for people on street you moved if bus movedwink.png )

And you give sin sod 20-100 batn( not gold) is it?thumbsup.gif Its only show so not important ammount- yeswhistling.gif

" I said I wasn't going to transfer money to Thailand this month for various reasons, investments, maintaining account agreements to gain interest, etc"

Is you pay back after for she?

And this is not really what about i talking

if you say - honey i am lost all my money..

now only 10k and i need litle support my mom so 5k per month thats all i have and donno if i can in future its changed..

And after they say.. ah Baby no matter i love you so much...rolleyes.gif

Sorry to put a little disappointment on your narrow view of the world but no, not every woman is out to get money.

You read carefully

I never say EVERY WOMEN IS OUT GET MONEY.. I am even not say EVERY THAI WOMEN IS OUT GET MONEY..

YES have SOME women dont do it.

But in Thailand its Very often it happens..

And with foreigners it is more often happened , not becouse a bunch of them take girl from bar. Becouse many foreinegners guy income for THai people hight..

but no need story in Thailand its often sallary for Thai girl 30-80 k. well aducate and father mother no need money.

PS

i am married

Sin sod not pay..

now very poor guy

my wife income before meet me 30-40k

now may be litle more( i give they some deal for her business and its not money)

when we start live together i even 20k not spend for she and home stuff

now She not really know how much i spend for she and family..

do i know she with me for money - I do not know..

becouse one side i do not pay much and she do not know about my income.. But i am gambling

and she know i have some debt..

Another said i have a car for Thai people its look as people with some money in pocket.

and many time go out Country..

Do i care about this is?

NO!!!

but i am honestly say what i see in Thailand.

Whith out any pink glasswink.png

Again.

Money for sin sot you SHOW for who?

People for who you SHOW know whet only SHOW?

If not its be payment for this is people.( in bus you stay for people in bus you not moved, for people on street you moved if bus movedwink.png )

And you give sin sod 20-100 batn( not gold) is it?thumbsup.gif Its only show so not important ammount- yeswhistling.gif

" I said I wasn't going to transfer money to Thailand this month for various reasons, investments, maintaining account agreements to gain interest, etc"

Is you pay back after for she?

And this is not really what about i talking

if you say - honey i am lost all my money..

now only 10k and i need litle support my mom so 5k per month thats all i have and donno if i can in future its changed..

And after they say.. ah Baby no matter i love you so much...rolleyes.gif

Sorry to put a little disappointment on your narrow view of the world but no, not every woman is out to get money.

You read carefully

I never say EVERY WOMEN IS OUT GET MONEY.. I am even not say EVERY THAI WOMEN IS OUT GET MONEY..

YES have SOME women dont do it.

But in Thailand its Very often it happens..

And with foreigners it is more often happened , not becouse a bunch of them take girl from bar. Becouse many foreinegners guy income for THai people hight..

but no need story in Thailand its often sallary for Thai girl 30-80 k. well aducate and father mother no need money.

PS

i am married

Sin sod not pay..

now very poor guy

my wife income before meet me 30-40k

now may be litle more( i give they some deal for her business and its not money)

when we start live together i even 20k not spend for she and home stuff

now She not really know how much i spend for she and family..

do i know she with me for money - I do not know..

becouse one side i do not pay much and she do not know about my income.. But i am gambling

and she know i have some debt..

Another said i have a car for Thai people its look as people with some money in pocket.

and many time go out Country..

Do i care about this is?

NO!!!

but i am honestly say what i see in Thailand.

Whith out any pink glasswink.png

It is a little hard to read what you say but to be clear, Sinsod display is a part of their culture. A part I disagree with but adhered to in order to respect their culture, again, all was returned to me before driving home from the wedding. I assume, and the way it was explained to me, is that sinsod is a way of showing that you can, are willing and are able to take care of a daughter. There are similar customs in many cultures.

No, I gave no gold. Actually my wife bought the gold and told her father he can keep it as a payment because he paid for her schooling to get her masters degree. We discussed if she should give it before she did and agreed that it would be best.

I'm sorry but no matter how hard you try, you won't find anything that I gave to her family. Okay, not true, my jar of coins that I never use, I gave that to them. They counted it, amazingly it came out to about 5,000 baht! Holy crap, who knew I had so many coins.

Yes when i first came here i thought they were great too.

Married one and she stole from me.

After three years divorced her.

Next G/F for 4 years, went with guys when i went back home to see my family.

Next G/F for 3 months, had other guys while she was with me.

Next G/F for 3 months, i took her to many places in Thailand.

Was planning on taking her home for a holiday.

Bought her and her family gifts and took them for dinner.

One day after we ate out at a nice restaurant, she wanted me to but her some Durian.

I said NO it is too expensive and we just ate anyhow.

Result she never even spoke to me for ONE WEEK.

So i told her to go away, if she does this over a piece of fruit, what would happen if it was serious.

So In a nutshell would i have another relationship with a Thai Lady NO.

Sounds like a personal problem; perhaps you need to reflect on an old adage--fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

I tend to agree with much of what you say. However, I have spent a lot of time here and I am starting to badmouth Thailand. Yet, I have never married a Thai, bought property, or invested in a business here. So, I have no emotional or financial attachments or complaints--Thailand has simply lost its attractiveness for me.

Yes when i first came here i thought they were great too.

Married one and she stole from me.

After three years divorced her.

Next G/F for 4 years, went with guys when i went back home to see my family.

Next G/F for 3 months, had other guys while she was with me.

Next G/F for 3 months, i took her to many places in Thailand.

Was planning on taking her home for a holiday.

Bought her and her family gifts and took them for dinner.

One day after we ate out at a nice restaurant, she wanted me to but her some Durian.

I said NO it is too expensive and we just ate anyhow.

Result she never even spoke to me for ONE WEEK.

So i told her to go away, if she does this over a piece of fruit, what would happen if it was serious.

So In a nutshell would i have another relationship with a Thai Lady NO.

Mate, the problem is with you.

Take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror