Very rude immigration Krabi

I've now got over it, but it cheesed me off most of yesterday.

It's one of those situations where I really didn't want to jeopardise my entry into Thailand so had to put up with it..

If it would have happened on my departure then I may have pulled her up on it as would have nothing to lose.

Anyway, that was yesterday, now time for the beach :)

• Like 1

Ever think the Immigration officer maybe recently had to deal with with a rude foreign axx hole?

When someone is rude and disrespectful to me I tend to get a little axx hole in nature.

People here believe that there is nothing to do about rising hostility towards foreigners.

They think that as long as THEY are getting by, everything is fine.

Thank you for reporting that and I do sympathize with you, you have been treated disgracefully.

Don't listen to StoneyBoy he has already left the place because he was so cheesed off, so really it's rich of him to tell us to endure.

And no, we don't just have to leave if we don't like it, we can report, complain, use social Media etc, the Hua Hin case is a good example.

Well said! Now if the guy had been rude to the IO, the sunshiners on here would have been up in arms.

• Like 1

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

You are right mate... It's ok to treat visitors like total shit
Correct if you've been here as long as you say you must have realised this already,you'll get over it.

One weekend back in May of 2014 I had a similar thing happen in Tesco Lotus Phetchabun,the check out assistant had the cheek to give my change to my girlfriend,astonishing behaviour,it was as if I wasn't even there even though I paid the bill,talk about discrimination.

That happened to me a couple of tines. U just looked at the checkout girl and said "no, that's mine ans took the change from her". Don't be nice to rude people (unless they work at immigration of course).

• Like 1

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

Correct if you've been here as long as you say you must have realised this already,you'll get over it.

One weekend back in May of 2014 I had a similar thing happen in Tesco Lotus Phetchabun,the check out assistant had the cheek to give my change to my girlfriend,astonishing behaviour,it was as if I wasn't even there even though I paid the bill,talk about discrimination.

I would doubt if that incident was discrimination. More likely with not a lot of foreigners living there she felt uncomfortable but wasn't intending to come across as nasty

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

How terribly discriminated

Ru ok?

It happens all the time, even if u ask a shop assistant a question they will totally ignore u an carry on talking to ur partner.

Get used to it. ?

• Like 1

The main Krabi Immigration office has a reputation of being quite professional. I only know of one time they were not.

However, Krabi Airport Immigration is another story. Two years ago -- could have been the same lady - I returned from a turn around from KL for a Non Imm Multi 'O' I had at the time. She examined my passport for a long time ... making a few mumbling sounds - then slammed the stamp very hard smudging the imprint then slammed it again missing the Departure card near completely. Then put my passport up on the top counter like she was getting rid of a dog turd. Immigration is a good job for Thais but some are not cut out for it...

"could have been the same lady".

Lady????

There's nothing wrong with getting annoyed at this treatment - its rude and impolite.

Unfortunately in Thailand and many other places people see nothing wrong with being impolite to random strangers.... and for some reason, its not unusual for those in positions of relative power to act in a completely unprofessional manner.

The Op has wrote of quite an extreme example... I've usually just had the 'mute' immigration officer, someone who's failed to acknowledge my existence !... not an issue, I can just carry on as if they are an inanimate robot, no need for thanks etc.

I'm sure the Op let this go fairly quickly - but its worth a vent on Thai Visa.com, many of us have had similar issues or poor manners when dealing with those who are less than polite upon entering the country.

The inanimate robots at Swampy actually are much nicer to deal with. I heard that the automatic gates will be open for foreigners to use in the future. I use them all the time. Fast and stress free.

Ever think the Immigration officer maybe recently had to deal with with a rude foreign axx hole?

When someone is rude and disrespectful to me I tend to get a little axx hole in nature.

That is no reason for the IO to be rude to the OP.

It must have been these shorts, maybe he will dress accordingly next time.

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

That's quite normal it happens to me all the time if its small change I let her keep it as for some reason she likes have loads of coins, not sure if that's just her or that's normal for Thai females

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

Nah I'm furious

Usually foreign workers don`t give up their jobs in Thailand until the contract or work permits have expired or are sacked, then they have to apply for work again and apply for a fresh work permit as a continuing means to stay in Thailand. Seems you have looped holed this.

If your business was done in Thailand why did you return to the country as a tourist? It could have been that the immigration person suspected you were not returning as a temporary tourist but have other plans.

It was probably displaced anger and had nothing to do with you.

She could have had a bad day, got bad news, sick, family problems....who knows.

Married men get this from their wives from time to time.

Just go with the flow....

They have long hours and monotonous work.

They are human. Perhaps she just read negative postings on Thai Visa about Immigration and the Police and was thinking about that!

The more negative comments about government workers the more disrespect we will get!

And no, we don't just have to leave if we don't like it, we can report, complain

Of course you don't have to leave if you don't like it, but if you really don't like it here, why would you stay, you do have a choice and your choice is to stay so it can't be that bad, c'mon be honest, it's a lot better in Thailand than in your home country isn't it ?

If you're home country is better yet you choose to remain in Thailand and complain, you need professional help.

Why is the topic of "if you don't like it - then leave" coming up in relation to this incident? A rude immigration officer or two is hardly a good reason to leave.

Of course there will be advantages and disadvantages of home countries vs Thailand, but a lot of expats have taken on family and responsibilities in Thailand and cannot just leave if they don't like something... therefore they need somewhere to vent, which the OP is doing here and that's quite OK.

Perhaps something can be done about obnoxious immigration officers if the news gets to the right officials who care about such things.

People with small egos and big authority suffer from this. Seems throwing a passport is a high insult. The staff at the US embassy did the same thing to my GF and then added swinging his chair around showing her his back without saying a word. What goes around comes around I hope. Don't let it get you down bro. It's just a Napoleon complex with some of these people.

Important is you got the stamp and are back in.

Maybe the Lady had a bad day. Stand above it.

Immigration officials can be rude in any country. I had some pretty "strange" encounters in the US.

Don't let this spoil your day.

Same as well , starting with the non-white security guards.

3.5 years and you did not learn one thing about Thailand.

You must think 100% of the Thai's like foreigners?

Some Thai's in immigration are probably wise to think that any foreigner going in and out of Thailand just to be a teacher and work for peanuts is up to something, whether the perception is right or wrong.

Lucky you got your stamp and try to understand in the Thailand social scale exactly where a farang teacher falls.

Excuse the digression.

I once had my passport thrown into the waste paper bin by a disgruntled travel agent from whom I had finally extracted a refund after a three month battle. I was accompanied to the travel agents by a member of the tourist police. Rather than get angry, I just picked up the waste paper bin, emptied the contents out onto the travel agents desk and retrieved my passport from the top of the pile. The agent went ballistic, the tourist policeman said son nam na and we went away with my refund for a quick beer together.

• Like 2

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

Nah I'm furious

Ignore Stoneyboy's sledgehammer wit Jay. But you have a point. After the troubles at Hua Hin you would reckon immigration officials nationwide would be given the order to put on their best face and 'welcome to Thailand' (through clenched teeth) appearance.