Non International Schools

ArranP

I'm coming back to the island and am looking to send my 2 children, aged 7 and 4 to a non-international school, i.e. a bi-lingual school or a thai government school.

Could you provide me your recommendation, thank you. I'm looking to live near heroines monument as that was where I lived before and know the area, but I may have to consider living in another area depending on the location of the school.

Thank you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only "billingual" school in that area I know that's not international is Kajonkiet in Thalang (EP - English program). As far as I know the government schools only offer a pure Thai program. There are a greater choice of schools that offer an English program as you come to the central part of the island. James

Thank you.

I'm also interest in recommendations for thai government schools, as I will be teaching the children the read and write english.

Edited by ArranP

please consider moving back to your country if you dont send them to darasamuth

They should come ahead of your desires

Please do not want to turn this thread into a debate about education and which country to live!

Suffice to say I would like them to grow up, live and work in Thailand. As adults, they will be competing for employment with other Thais so they need to read and write and speak Thai.

Edited by ArranP

Two troll posts from the same poster and one reply have been removed.

Please stay on topic or stay out of the topic

Bump. We'll be monitoring this thread.

Please do not want to turn this thread into a debate about education and which country to live!

Suffice to say I would like them to grow up, live and work in Thailand. As adults, they will be competing for employment with other Thais so they need to read and write and speak Thai.

bp has a point.

You would be restricting your kids to a working life of 9,000 baht a month.

bp has a point.

Nonsense. Thai salaries can be, and are, much higher. The admin staff where I work are earning around 20-30,000 a month (Bangkok).

bp has a point.

Nonsense. Thai salaries can be, and are, much higher. The admin staff where I work are earning around 20-30,000 a month (Bangkok).

And how much are admin staff earning in the west????

Would you be happy earning 20 - 30,000 baht a month?

Edited by NamKangMan

bp has a point.

No. I was just pointing out that his kids would not be restricted to making 9,000 a month.

bp has a point.

No. I was just pointing out that his kids would not be restricted to making 9,000 a month.

There are a lot of 50/50 kids in Thailand now. Most will be bilingual, just by having a farang father in the house. The second language will mainly be leart at home, not at school.

Having the skill of a second language will open more doors for them, but still a low salary compared to what these kids could become with a proper education.

Rimmer, on 13 May 2016 - 09:21, said:

Two troll posts from the same poster and one reply have been removed.

Please stay on topic or stay out of the topic

Bump.

More troll posts removed, We'll be monitoring this thread.

But Thailand is not the 'West' and it's just nonsense to even try to compare who would be happy with such and such salary.

Merely stating that if the kids were to go to regular Thai school they would not be able to realize their full potential, and therefore, their earning capacity would be effected.

If they went to an international school, they could go to university anywhere world, and then seek employment in any country. Not so, if they went to a regular Thai school.

bp has a point.

My husband has a matayom 4 level education. Got a government job, worked his way up to expert level. Receives 70000 per month, with huge retirement benefits, free health care for all imediate family members and free education in private schools for his children.

I also feel my child is better with a good thai education. However, upcountry schools do not make the grade. Your child would not be able to compete to get into top uni programmes. My child goes to a wonderful thai school. No different from an international school, but in thai language. 30,000 per term. 3 terms. Many foreigners are sending their kids there because it is so like our schools at home. In rama 2 Wangsawangchit .

Wonderful thai school.

But Thailand is not the 'West' and it's just nonsense to even try to compare who would be happy with such and such salary.

Merely stating that if the kids were to go to regular Thai school they would not be able to realize their full potential, and therefore, their earning capacity would be effected.

If they went to an international school, they could go to university anywhere world, and then seek employment in any country. Not so, if they went to a regular Thai school.

It really depends on the parents. Parents who are involved will have children who are motivated to learn and will also teach at home to solidify their education. Those children can go to any university they want.

Throwing money at an international school does not guarantee anything if the parents are not committed to the Childs education.

bp has a point.

I work in a large public listed Thai owned company. Just on my floor, sitting around me, i can think of at least 6 thais who have passed out of thai local private & municipal or temple schools, completed University here and earning well over 150,000 Thai baht per month. And each one of them is worth every satang.

bp has a point.

I work in a large public listed Thai owned company. Just on my floor, sitting around me, i can think of at least 6 thais who have passed out of thai local private & municipal or temple schools, completed University here and earning well over 150,000 Thai baht per month. And each one of them is worth every satang.

Yes and these are the kind of people that would succeed even if they had not gone to school and only had a few books picked up from a bin.

50% of kids are bellow average and an other good % is barely above average. THOSE kids need all the help they can get and in PUBLIC(not private) thai school they will get none.

bp has a point.

Yes and these are the kind of people that would succeed even if they had not gone to school and only had a few books picked up from a bin.

50% of kids are bellow average and an other good % is barely above average. THOSE kids need all the help they can get and in PUBLIC(not private) thai school they will get none.

Yes, i see your point and agree somewhat. But it is too much of an exaggeration to say that all children passing out of a non international school will end up earning 9000 Baht a month. Possibly 95% of thai children may have passed from these schools, and a very great majority are earning well over the poverty wage of 9000 Baht. Of the 5% who attend top international schools, an overwhelming majority will already be at a socialy & economicaly advantaged position to succeed, not just because they attended an international school.

quite shocked to hear you want to move back to thailand and are considering putting your kids in government schools. i love living in thailand, love it. for now i am wearing the cost of private schools here but i am going to give up my great lifestyle to have my kids educated back in nz. would be interested to hear why you would want to bring your kids to be raised with the children from thailands poor.

quite shocked to hear you want to move back to thailand and are considering putting your kids in government schools. i love living in thailand, love it. for now i am wearing the cost of private schools here but i am going to give up my great lifestyle to have my kids educated back in nz. would be interested to hear why you would want to bring your kids to be raised with the children from thailands poor.

NZ has many "poor" people so I guess you will be using one of the independent schools to avoid the "poor NZ " problem ?

http://www.isnz.org.nz/content/directory-new-zealand-independent-schools

Believe it or not, the quality of life is better in Thailand than the UK.

NZ has many "poor" people so I guess you will be using one of the independent schools to avoid the "poor NZ " problem ?

http://www.isnz.org.nz/content/directory-new-zealand-independent-schools

pretty much every country has people who are relatively poor. nz has excellent social welfare system where everyone is looked after cradle to the grave.

i just went to nz to buy a house near this school

http://www.cbhs.school.nz/

most public schools are reasonably good but this on is the best in the south island. is just a matter of buying in a suburb zoned for the school. in new zealand you can go to a public school and not be disadvantaged in any way. think it is different in australia.

Believe it or not, the quality of life is better in Thailand than the UK.

think it is better in thailand than pretty much anywhere. i have only got a few more years befor i am going to pack my bags to head home to take my kids to go to school in nz. is going to be a sad day leaving.

i know you are looking for a non international school, however, a friend of mine just recommended me "international school phuket". much more reasonable in terms of school fees vs say head start and uses cambridge curriculum as well.

fyi - im not financially involved with this school

i know you are looking for a non international school, however, a friend of mine just recommended me "international school phuket". much more reasonable in terms of school fees vs say head start and uses cambridge curriculum as well. fyi - im not financially involved with this school

thank you, but I need a non-international school, I am looking for my children to grow up and live in Thailand.

in new zealand you can go to a public school and not be disadvantaged in any way. think it is different in australia.

Why do you think Australians are disadvantaged in their public school system?

i know you are looking for a non international school, however, a friend of mine just recommended me "international school phuket". much more reasonable in terms of school fees vs say head start and uses cambridge curriculum as well. fyi - im not financially involved with this school

thank you, but I need a non-international school, I am looking for my children to grow up and live in Thailand.

May I ask why you are confining your children to Thailand when, with a foreign passport, they have so many more opportunities that will be available to them, if also given the appropriate education?