Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Mourinho likes to keep it tight in big games, especially away from home. If you can't win it, he doesn't want to get beat. I personally don't see anything wrong with that. His record against teams around him this year is good, only Everton have beaten them so far.

O and Newcastle....my mistake.

As soon as that team was announced I should have called it a night….parking, kicking a real bore off either way. I wonder how they will line up against us at home now, another enforced bore off?

they'll probably have more of the footballers in the side against us, oscar, hazard perhaps starting behind a striker - but i'm expecting the self-obsessed one to detail his players to take it in turns to kick suarez. spoiling tactics are the only way mourinho knows, even when he has unlimited funds and massive squads full of ball-players at his disposal. he's an awful, awful manager.

You don,t come on here for ages and when you do you spout that pile of <deleted>.............jog on

As soon as that team was announced I should have called it a night….parking, kicking a real bore off either way. I wonder how they will line up against us at home now, another enforced bore off?

they'll probably have more of the footballers in the side against us, oscar, hazard perhaps starting behind a striker - but i'm expecting the self-obsessed one to detail his players to take it in turns to kick suarez. spoiling tactics are the only way mourinho knows, even when he has unlimited funds and massive squads full of ball-players at his disposal. he's an awful, awful manager.

You don,t come on here for ages and when you do you spout that pile of <deleted>.............jog on

I don't agree that he is an awful manager, just look at his record, imo he is superb and will do anything to win a game including instructing his team to 'kick Suarez of the field'

I have to agree that I am fully expecting his team to 'take it in turns to kick Suarez'.

Bob,

We have been playing a lone striker all season. Mata hasn't been starting often and neither has Shirley. Oscar is just back from an injury also.

I will agree that Chelsea are dull to watch, which I put down to our midfield dithering too much in the final third. We have a lot talented players in the AM, but for some reason they are too slow at decision making in the critical areas. I have criticised Torres a lot in the past, but this season he has been getting in the right positions only for the pass not to come, or it to be too late.

After our disastrous past few matches, I think Mourinho was justified in tightening up at the back and a point away to Arsenal is not a bad result considering. Prior to the season starting I predicted Chelsea winning the league, but I have seen nothing to make me think that can materialise.

• Like 1

Nowt wrong with that Stevie!

Suarez needs a good kicking for his behavior in the not to distant past....remember? tongue.png

I think Chelsea have always played Oscar and Hazard if fit anyway.

I don't agree that he is an awful manager, just look at his record, imo he is superb and will do anything to win a game including instructing his team to 'kick Suarez of the field'

I have to agree that I am fully expecting his team to 'take it in turns to kick Suarez'.

We won,t be kicking him.....we,ll be feeding him!

• Like 1

We won,t be kicking him.....we,ll be feeding him!

Ha ha, actually that will be a very good test of his character. His behavior has been very good since he served his rightful ban, lets see how he gets on in which will be a cauldron of an atmosphere with a lot pointed directly at him.

I forgot he fancy's a bit of Ivanovic doesn't he.....should make it interesting lets hope he helps himself for seconds.

There will still be four other teams finishing above Moysies Diving School so I wouldn't pin all your hopes on Luis getting another bancoffee1.gif

Bob,

We have been playing a lone striker all season. Mata hasn't been starting often and neither has Shirley. Oscar is just back from an injury also.

I will agree that Chelsea are dull to watch, which I put down to our midfield dithering too much in the final third. We have a lot talented players in the AM, but for some reason they are too slow at decision making in the critical areas. I have criticised Torres a lot in the past, but this season he has been getting in the right positions only for the pass not to come, or it to be too late.

After our disastrous past few matches, I think Mourinho was justified in tightening up at the back and a point away to Arsenal is not a bad result considering. Prior to the season starting I predicted Chelsea winning the league, but I have seen nothing to make me think that can materialise.

Fair points there mjj.

I did have Chelsea and City front runners for the title myself. I can't see anyone other than City right now, but you never know with so much inconstancy across the board.

Better yesterday. In the first half we looked a lot better and dominated Swansea. Overall I was pleased with the performance apart from Eto, he made Torres look like the most talented striker in the world. With a decent striker we should have been up by 3 or 4 goals.

Again, because of the slender lead it makes us nervous in the final 20 minutes or so and you can see the players becoming desperate.

With the window upon us we should buy a striker I suppose, but who? Costa? I think Lukaku is a good few years away from being an automatic first choice, but hopefully after the WC, he won't mind playing second fiddle a bit.

It was good to read on Sky that Lukaku said he wanted the loan and Jose tried to persuade him to stay, but couldn't guarantee match time. As per normal previously the media tried to stir things up that are not there.

Not sure about parking the bus. Its more like telling his players to go out and kick lumps out of the opposition which were his tactics in trying to beat Guardiola's Barca side

Yeah thanks for those words of wisdomcoffee1.gif where,s your mate Alfie Swann?

My word were touchy today. Fact is, thats exactly what they did to Barca or didn't you watch the game?

Calm down Keith, i have more wisdom for you!

Mourinho's not an awful manager as Stevie claims but everything else he says is pretty much on the mark.

He's added nothing to the league since his return other than dull boring football and snide comments about other managers. He has a fantastic talented squad that he seems incapable of getting the best out of or playing attractive football.

What sort of berk handles Juan Mata the way he did btw?

• Like 2

As soon as that team was announced I should have called it a night.parking, kicking a real bore off either way. I wonder how they will line up against us at home now, another enforced bore off?

Mourinho's not an awful manager as Stevie claims but everything else he says is pretty much on the mark.

He's added nothing to the league since his return other than dull boring football and snide comments about other managers. He has a fantastic talented squad that he seems incapable of getting the best out of or playing attractive football.

This coming from a man that had AVB in charge..........he had more things to say about other managers than he did about football. And let's not forget Adebayor training on his own......

We know you love Jose, Carmine, but he has only been in the seat for 6 months and felt Oscar was better suited than Mata in the role. Whether You or I agree or not, Oscar plays this role for Brazil with excellent results and was fantastic at the start of the season. Mata is also getting more game time now.

TBH, I'm really looking forward to the Liverpool game to see how we are set up. Away from home we are more defensive, but at home, not so much. As for Chelsea playing dirty football, I don't see it at all.

Chelsea don't play dirty football it is just ugly and with the players they have at there disposal is a bad reflection on Mourinho's tactical acumen and selection policy.

Also there is a case of buying too many players and having to many options that you can never really get a consistent understanding between players because they simply are not playing well enough to be picked every game.

Especially your midfield and strikers,not one of them is consistent and makes the positions there own.

Saying all that you are still in a good position in the league without playing extremely well a little like United!

That in itself says a lot about the standard of Arsenal City and Liverpool because they have not got to many more points and all have a few defeats already.

I don't think Mourinho is on top of things at Chelsea like he used to be but he does have experience when it matters and that will be needed come the end of the season.

• Like 1

Yep, agree with most of that Red. Our striker situation is just dire, in midfield we lack consistency, but it is worth noting that both Oscar and a Hazard are still babies at 22, Shirley is 23.

Seems to be the case with a lot of teams who continuly rotate, liverpool being one of the ones who don't and look how they are playing, mind you i can see them running out of steam in February time if not sooner, so it's a catch 22 really.

Yep, agree with most of that Red. Our striker situation is just dire, in midfield we lack consistency, but it is worth noting that both Oscar and a Hazard are still babies at 22, Shirley is 23.

Seems to be the case with a lot of teams who continuly rotate, liverpool being one of the ones who don't and look how they are playing, mind you i can see them running out of steam in February time if not sooner, so it's a catch 22 really.

• Like 1

Come off it MJJ, Lukaku's an excellent young striker as proven over the past couple of seasons. Its just that Jose seems to think he's better off helping some other teambiggrin.png

Come off it MJJ, Lukaku's an excellent young striker as proven over the past couple of seasons. Its just that Jose seems to think he's better off helping some other teambiggrin.png

Well according to Lukaku's interview on Sky, Jose wanted him to stay but couldn't guarantee how many games he would get. Lukaku wanted the move.

I still don't think Lukaku is there yet. Now that Everton are considered a good side and must try to break defences down (like Chelsea have to) Lukaku has been quite quiet. In the few games I've seen him play, he is still a bit clumsy and lazy, but no doubt he is better than what we have............but that isn't hard, is it? :-)

Well according to Lukaku's interview on Sky, Jose wanted him to stay but couldn't guarantee how many games he would get. Lukaku wanted the move.

I still don't think Lukaku is there yet. Now that Everton are considered a good side and must try to break defences down (like Chelsea have to) Lukaku has been quite quiet. In the few games I've seen him play, he is still a bit clumsy and lazy, but no doubt he is better than what we have............but that isn't hard, is it? :-)

Yes I was hoping to wind up Mad Dog simmonds a bit more over Lukaku but he is blowing a bit hot and cold.

The way i would interpret Lukaku's statement to sky, Jose said "you are not good enough for our starting 11 yet, you are not going to get much game time, so if you want to play football every week let me know" smile.png

Yes I was hoping to wind up Mad Dog simmonds a bit more over Lukaku but he is blowing a bit hot and cold.

The way i would interpret Lukaku's statement to sky, Jose said "you are not good enough for our starting 11 yet, you are not going to get much game time, so if you want to play football every week let me know" smile.png

And I will interpret your statement as "I have no idea about anything, so I will make stuff up for my own benefit". :-)

• Like 1

But Liverpool are not in Europe and if they buy another couple of players come Jan then they are really in with a shout,the involvement in so many comps will have a massive effect on the outcome of the premier league......games will have to be put back and re-scheduled at a later date......Liverpool will mostly benefit from this at the moment.

I actually think Lukaku is not ready to lead the Chelsea line as has been proved with his hot and cold performances at Everton...he is just the same as what they have got at the moment....no better so the decision to play at Everton is best for all concerned at the moment.

But Liverpool are not in Europe and if they buy another couple of players come Jan then they are really in with a shout,the involvement in so many comps will have a massive effect on the outcome of the premier league......games will have to be put back and re-scheduled at a later date......Liverpool will mostly benefit from this at the moment.

Come off it MJJ, Lukaku's an excellent young striker as proven over the past couple of seasons. Its just that Jose seems to think he's better off helping some other teamxbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.zYprVTCWT1.web

I actually think Lukaku is not ready to lead the Chelsea line as has been proved with his hot and cold performances at Everton...he is just the same as what they have got at the moment....no better so the decision to play at Everton is best for all concerned at the moment.

Not sure about parking the bus. Its more like telling his players to go out and kick lumps out of the opposition which were his tactics in trying to beat Guardiola's Barca side

My word were touchy today. Fact is, thats exactly what they did to Barca or didn't you watch the game?

Is that it? clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

You don,t have any words of wisdom for me! Speaking of berks..........which one is running your show.......puppet Levy or the man in the Bahamas?

Is that it? clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Calm down Keith...i didn't think anything else needed to be said, and if you watched the Real Barca game you would have held your hands up and agreedwink.png