Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Who could we have bought in January Carmine? Recalling Lukaku was a non-starter as his loan didn't have that option. And before you go there, it was Lukaku's decision to go on loan.

The Courtois / Cech situation is a tricky one. Courtois is supposed to be a great keeper, but he hasn't been tested in the epl. If we didn't have him on the books, I would have no problem with keeping Cech. But I don't want to see Courtois leave as he has the potential to be the a Chelsea player for many years after Cech has retired.

Who could we have bought in January Carmine? Recalling Lukaku was a non-starter as his loan didn't have that option. And before you go there, it was Lukaku's decision to go on loan.

The Courtois / Cech situation is a tricky one. Courtois is supposed to be a great keeper, but he hasn't been tested in the epl. If we didn't have him on the books, I would have no problem with keeping Cech. But I don't want to see Courtois leave as he has the potential to be the a Chelsea player for many years after Cech has retired.

Courtois has been tested in La Liga and passed with flying colors. Surely thats good enough.

Regards transfer dealings, i was referring to pre season activity. Only a fool would leave all his transfer dealings to january and Mourinho's a lot of things but a fool he's not.

Was he right to bring in the aging Eto? I think so.

He was well aware of the abilities/frailties of his other strikers was he not!

Was he right to put Lukaku out on loan again baring in mind the rather erratic performances of the other strikers? Clearly a poor decision. Lukaku had already proved he could perform at this level in lesser teams being given lesser service.

Mourinho is largely at fault if he has problems upfront i'm afraid but i'm sure he'll try desperately to deflect to blame elsewhere.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

"Was he right to put Lukaku out on loan again baring in mind the rather erratic performances of the other strikers? Clearly a poor decision. Lukaku had already proved he could perform at this level in lesser teams being given lesser service."

To be fair Carms, a lot of trickies aren't too enamoured with Lukaku either. They have him marked as a lazy git who disappears in matches.That might be why Maureen doesn't rate him highly.wai.gif

• Like 1

"Was he right to put Lukaku out on loan again baring in mind the rather erratic performances of the other strikers? Clearly a poor decision. Lukaku had already proved he could perform at this level in lesser teams being given lesser service."

To be fair Carms, a lot of trickies aren't too enamoured with Lukaku either. They have him marked as a lazy git who disappears in matches.That might be why Maureen doesn't rate him highly.wai.gif

Plus, I figure Mou is enamored of rough and tumble in the box poachers with big engines. Not to say Lukaku wouldn't have helped, I'm sure he would have, but I don't think he fits the Mourinho mold just so.

• Like 1

Theres disappearing in and out of matches and then theres doing a Lord Lucan like 42m Ozil's done for most of the season.smile.png

I tend to agree with you though it really shouldn't be too difficult a job for the second highest paid manager in the world to eradicate from his game. After all, when he puts in a big performance he's a right handful and Mourinho loves a Drogba like battering ram ploughing into opposition center backs.

^ Second highest paid? Shit, didn't know Rooney had gone in to managementbiggrin.png

I'm still struggling to process the fact that Big Sam Alladici is 13th highest paid. I mean, i know he thinks he's a tactical genius but no one else does!!

^ Second highest paid? Shit, didn't know Rooney had gone in to managementbiggrin.png

I'm still struggling to process the fact that Big Sam Alladici is 13th highest paid. I mean, i know he thinks he's a tactical genius but no one else does!!

Looking forward to watching Big Sam pull a rabbit out of his hat tonight.w00t.gif

• Like 1

Looking forward to watching Big Sam pull a rabbit out of his hat tonight.w00t.gif

Yep.

Let's hope he can do the same trick tomorrow night.

smile.png

• Like 1

Courtois needs to come back to SW6 as soon as.

Brilliant for ATM in La Liga.

Cech. Still great but no longer able to cope with top drawer.

smile.png

Absolutely right and best do it the summer, and sell Cech to maximize his sell on fee.

• Like 1

Jose Mourinho Football Manager:

BBC Sport.com

• " Ibrahimovic played under Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho at Inter and wrote in his autobiography that he was "basically willing to die for" the Portuguese during his time at San Siro."
wai2.gif
There have to be something wrong in your translation. I have Zlatans book. And the original is in Swedish. He don't write that he was willing to die for the Portuguese.

Or maybe it was wishful thinking from you ;)

Edited by larsjohnsson

BBC Sport.com

• " Ibrahimovic played under Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho at Inter and wrote in his autobiography that he was "basically willing to die for" the Portuguese during his time at San Siro."
wai2.gif
There have to be something wrong in your translation. I have Zlatans book. And the original is in Swedish. He don't write that he was willing to die for the Portuguese.

Or maybe it was wishful thinking from you wink.png

Dunno mate.

But Mourinho is on record for saying Ibrahimovich is one of the best players he has ever coached.

Maybe BBC no good at languages.

He's out of the replay at The Bridge, that's for sure.

wai2.gif

BBC Sport.com

wai2.gif

Or maybe it was wishful thinking from you wink.png

Dunno mate.

But Mourinho is on record for saying Ibrahimovich is one of the best players he has ever coached.

Maybe BBC no good at languages.

He's out of the replay at The Bridge, that's for sure.

wai2.gif

He probably said he's "lie" for Jose. Thats about as brave as footballers get.rolleyes.gif

Stoke currently playing surprisingly good football under Hughes.

Proper stuff when they played Villa.

Funny ol game.

Spurs Sunderland should be one way traffic though.thumbsup.gif

Yes we are a shambles aren't we!!!

Lukaku's price tag of £20m of so is not indicative of his ability but his potential. He is not good enough for Chelsea yet. I still can't forget his terrible performance against Bayern in the Super Cup. Truly awful and lazy.

At the moment I would pick Eto ahead of him so he has some way to go.

I think we already have a striker lined up and close to a done deal and it is probably Costa.

Lukaku's price tag of £20m of so is not indicative of his ability but his potential. He is not good enough for Chelsea yet. I still can't forget his terrible performance against Bayern in the Super Cup. Truly awful and lazy.

I think we already have a striker lined up and close to a done deal and it is probably Costa.

Don't mention about the money for yet another huge marquee signing by Chelsea...it'll offend Keithlaugh.png

Theres also talk of 60m Falcaofacepalm.gif

Don't mention about the money for yet another huge marquee signing by Chelsea...it'll offend Keithlaugh.png

You've lost me here. Have you seen his performances this season? If so how can you possibly say he's not good enough for Chelsea's squad!! thats just nonsense i'm afraid.

However in the squad being the word as i agree, i too would start with Eto. Jose of course chose to keep Torres and Ba right?

You've lost me here. Have you seen his performances this season? If so how can you possibly say he's not good enough for Chelsea's squad!! thats just nonsense i'm afraid.

However in the squad being the word as i agree, i too would start with Eto. Jose of course chose to keep Torres and Ba right?

Carmine I'm talking about as the first choice striker, not a squad player. Lukaku doesn't want to be a squad player either - that's why he wanted to go on loan.

As for Torres and Ba, there were no offers for them except an Arsenal loan deal for Ba.