EgyptAir flight MS804 disappears from radar on flight from Paris to Cairo

webfact

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One theory is that a bomb was placed in Cairo as the security is much more law there than in Paris.

Or Tunisia, according to the news the previous flight were between Tunisia - Paris. .

Edited by balo

Having flown Egyptair many times for business i am saddened to hear this news .... also not wishing to get into the "race" war , i would assume the majority of the passengers would be Muslim

Indeed. I was on Egyptair just 10 or so days ago, from Munich to Cairo...a bit hesitant about it after all the problems recently, but it was direct and well-timed, so a considered risk.

Security was tight on that trip: extremely tight in Amsterdam, quite so in Munich but leaving Cairo for BKK, well...4 X-rays but I didn't feel it was very thorough ( as if a casual glance x 4 is better than 1 or 2 closer inspections). Maybe it just appears casual to an untrained eye and is better than I think.

Mechanical or terrorist it's a horrible thing and the situation for Egypt just gets worse and worse.

Doesn't really matter how many x-ray scans there are if it's an inside job. It's not PC to say it, but many of these airport screener jobs (and other low-level airport\airline service jobs) in Europe are done by immigrants, many of whom are Muslim. In fact, some airport worker unions at Brussels Airport raised these same concerns before the airport attacks there but their concerns were dismissed.

If the reports that debris has been found, then that part of the Meddy is full of ships mostly heading towards Port Said and the Suez canal. There are also as many coming the other way so plenty of 'eyes' out there who should be able to soon spot any flotsam. A different story for the MH flight that 'went' dowen in the midst of the Indian Ocean. 'If' it has gone down which unfortunately looks like the case, RIP to all on board and condolences to families/friends remaining.

Having flown Egyptair many times for business i am saddened to hear this news .... also not wishing to get into the "race" war , i would assume the majority of the passengers would be Muslim

Indeed. I was on Egyptair just 10 or so days ago, from Munich to Cairo...a bit hesitant about it after all the problems recently, but it was direct and well-timed, so a considered risk.

Security was tight on that trip: extremely tight in Amsterdam, quite so in Munich but leaving Cairo for BKK, well...4 X-rays but I didn't feel it was very thorough ( as if a casual glance x 4 is better than 1 or 2 closer inspections). Maybe it just appears casual to an untrained eye and is better than I think.

Mechanical or terrorist it's a horrible thing and the situation for Egypt just gets worse and worse.

Doesn't really matter how many x-ray scans there are if it's an inside job. It's not PC to say it, but many of these airport screener jobs (and other low-level airport\airline service jobs) in Europe are done by immigrants, many of whom are Muslim. In fact, some airport worker unions at Brussels Airport raised these same concerns before the airport attacks there but their concerns were dismissed.
You're not gonna make a 360 degree manoeuvre before a bomb detonation.

More probably a fall out or explosion of one of the engines will make the plane loose altitude, speed and direction. Which can be corrected in manual mode only by the pilots.

Flight path makes a correction noticeable...

Nothing to do with race or religion.

post-171721-14636707379451_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thorgal

You're not gonna make a 360 degree manoeuvre before a bomb detonation.

More probably a fall out or explosion of one of the engines will make the plane loose altitude, speed and direction. Which can be corrected in manual mode only by the pilots.

Flight path makes a correction noticeable...

Nothing to do with race or religion.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1463670736.821050.jpg

Not saying it is (at this time) but the issue of securing air-travel from inside jobs is a real one.

Crash was 'almost certainly an attack' says expert

Jean-Paul Troadec, the former chief of Frances air accident investigation unit, the BEA, said the disappearance was almost certainly caused by an attack.

Mr Troadec, one of the most respected names in aviation, said the lack of live emergency alert suggested a brutal event.

He told Europe 1 radio station in Paris: A technical problem, a fire or a failed motor do not cause an instant accident, and the team has time to react.

The team said nothing, they did not react, so it was very probably a brutal event and we can certainly think about an attack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/egyptair-flight-ms804-missing-live-8003059

I wish some of these experts would S T F U.

The only known facts about the incident are that the plane disappeared off radar without communication, and what may be an ELT signal has been detected.

If they have a signal, they can triangulate and home in on it.

They just need some time.

And I'm baffled that someone supposedly involved in aircraft investigations say that a technical problem can't cause an "instant accident"!

You could challenge Jean-Paul Troadec, the former chief of Frances air accident investigation unit or even enlighten him with your expertise.

Your arrogant wishes would be good kept for yourself in tragic incidences such as this.

So it seems he isn't the only idiot then.

coffee1.gif

You ar absolutely correct. Run, find a mirror and look into it. You will be proven 100% correct.

Not saying it is (at this time) but the issue of securing air-travel from inside jobs is a real one.

That's true. For instance, Switzerland Airport Zurich fired muslim workers. Several dozens luggage carriers.

This might be not political-correct, but better safe then sorry.

http://www.nzz.ch/schweiz/wegen-terrorverdachts-entlassen-1.18680167

Edited by alocacoc

We are always horrified at spectacular terrorism, but most of us are no longer surprised. Therein's the rub: this is where numbness sets in.

We continue to be horrified the same way a ghost haunts a familiar place, going through the motions, empathizing; but without the surprise, it collectively numbs/damages us.

Christiane Amanpour on Twitter:

EXCLUSIVE: #EgyptAir VP tells me We have found the wreckage of #FlightMS804. More to come.

https://mobile.twitter.com/camanpour/status/733334224384692225?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

We have found the wreckage, EgyptAir vice president tells CNNs Christiane Amanpour about Flight 804.

www.cnn.com

Edited by lkv

Christiane Amanpour on Twitter:

EXCLUSIVE: #EgyptAir VP tells me We have found the wreckage of #FlightMS804. More to come.

https://mobile.twitter.com/camanpour/status/733334224384692225?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

We have found the wreckage, EgyptAir vice president tells CNNs Christiane Amanpour about Flight 804.

www.cnn.com

Same news just appeared in Switzerland on 20min here. But is there proof enough for this conclusion? There has no wreckage been found.

Edited by Dario

Sky News right now is talking about it very vaguely, that it has been found. They obviously did not mention that it was a statement by the VP of Egyptair given exclusively to CNN.

This is Sky News live.

And the latest tweets:

post-243567-0-91371900-1463678151_thumb.

Edited by lkv

They have found it. Well parts of it anyway. http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/may/19/egyptair-plane-cairo-paris-live-updates

Egypt 'confirms finding the wreckage'

EgyptAir has said that Cairo’s foreign ministry has “confirmed finding the wreckage” in an English statement on Facebook.

EgyptAir resource stated that the Egyptian Ministry of Civil Aviation has just received an official letter from the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs that confirms the finding of wreckage of the missing aircraft No. MS 804 near Karpathos Island.

EgyptAir sincerely conveys its deepest sorrow to the families and friends of the passengers onboard Flight MS804. Family members of passengers and crew have been already informed and we extend our deepest sympathies to those affected.

Meanwhile, the Egyptian Investigation Team in co-operation with the Greek counterpart are still searching for other remains of the missing plane.

Another source confirming it........... http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/217129.aspx

7:00pm

Egypt's aviation ministry said a letter it received from the country's foreign ministry says that Greek authorities have found “floating objects” that are part of the plane wreckage.

Pieces of plastic as well as lifejackets have also been found near the island of Karpathos, the ministry added in a statement.

"Family members of passengers and crew have been already informed and we extend our deepest sympathies to those affected," EgyptAir said.

"The Egyptian Investigation Team in co-operation with the Greek counterpart are still searching for other remains of the missing plane."

MS804 is missing exact 804 days after MH370 got missed.

Mai 19. 2016 - 804 Days = March 7. 2014

Well spotted !

Couple that with the fact that al-Sisi has really p...ed off a particular neighbour very recently...

And, just 370 days before the Malaysian crash, Uhuru Kenyatta was celebrating his great victory.

#BREAKING Greek air safety authorities deny EgyptAir wreckage found.

AFP on Twitter.

What a mess.

BBC picks it up.

Wreckage is not from aircraft, Greek aviation official says

Posted at 02:18

Some confusion continues over the wreckage that has been found in the Mediterranean.

Earlier, EgyptAir said the debris was confirmed to be from flight MS804.

But now, the head of the Greek air safety authority, Athanassios Binos, has told state ERT TV that the wreckage "does not come from a plane".

He said: "Up to now the analysis of the debris indicates that it does not come from a plane, my Egyptian counterpart also confirmed to me that it was not yet proven that the debris came from the EgyptAir flight when we were last in contact around 1745 GMT."

Officials say all potential debris located so far in the sea has been spotted by Egyptian aircraft.

Edited by lkv

Let's hope that THIS IS NOT another terrorist doing and that the flight will be found to be safe soon....

you believe in the tooth fairy as well. A) it is well overdue B) It hasn't landed at any nearby airports C) The A 320 is a reliable workhorse D) planes just don't disappear from the radar in this manner,ie a 90 degree twist to the left and then 360 degrees to the right. It will be found in pieces in the Med thanks to medieval philosophy and a bronze age education.

Let's hope that THIS IS NOT another terrorist doing and that the flight will be found to be safe soon....

you believe in the tooth fairy as well. A) it is well overdue cool.png It hasn't landed at any nearby airports C) The A 320 is a reliable workhorse D) planes just don't disappear from the radar in this manner,ie a 90 degree twist to the left and then 360 degrees to the right. It will be found in pieces in the Med thanks to medieval philosophy and a bronze age education.

Also commercial airliners only carry enough fuel to get to the destination and enough to divert if they cant land plus some reserve fuel enough for maybe a few more hours but its has long ago run out of fuel

Edited by mcfish

you believe in the tooth fairy as well. A) it is well overdue cool.png It hasn't landed at any nearby airports C) The A 320 is a reliable workhorse D) planes just don't disappear from the radar in this manner,ie a 90 degree twist to the left and then 360 degrees to the right. It will be found in pieces in the Med thanks to medieval philosophy and a bronze age education.

You are speaking 24 hours later.

Quoting a post made immediately after the initial report.

Makes you look like a fool

Edited by kevkev1888

No debris found yet, whats going on, they located the transmitter so should be easy to find something. Reminds me of Malaysian and all the false reports of wreckage that was discovered.....

No debris found yet, whats going on, they located the transmitter so should be easy to find something. Reminds me of Malaysian and all the false reports of wreckage that was discovered.....

A lot of confusion over whether any distress calls were made, either by the crew or by automatic means. This now seems to have been dismissed, as per this BBC report:

'Egypt's state-run newspaper al-Ahram quoted an EgyptAir statement as saying the Egyptian army's rescue and search had received a distress call from the plane at 04:26 local time - which would be around two hours after the flight disappeared.

But Egypt's military subsequently said that no such signal had been received.'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36309492

Flying in and out of airports with great security ratings still does not protect you from rough pilots in command of an aircraft from a country whose religions support terrorist.

you mean like christians and protestants supported the terrorism in Ireland? Or when the pppe supported Breivick killings ?

That's true. For instance, Switzerland Airport Zurich fired muslim workers. Several dozens luggage carriers.

This might be not political-correct, but better safe then sorry.

http://www.nzz.ch/schweiz/wegen-terrorverdachts-entlassen-1.18680167

Please let us know how the muslim countries will do? Do they have to close their airports, train, boat companies? Cause i am quite sure they all have muslim workers...