Sak Yant

farang1979

Hello, so I've been researching on the Internet and come across many blogs which haven't really helped me understand the answer to my question. I already have a kao yod (nine peaks) sak Yant tattoo from Wat Bang phra temple in nachon chaisi. I know it's the monk's decision which sak to do however I want to understand if there is an order through which sak Yant tattoos go. Really just to give me an idea of what he might do. Alot of the tourist blogs seem to copy and paste the same information so I'm looking for some first hand information. Just got quoted 4k (Baht) for someone in On Nut so this isn't an avenue I'm going to explore.

4k in On Nut, let me guess round about soi 25?

Ripp of falang plices.

Head out out of the ghetto and get them done for about 300 baht on Soi Nawamin.

Even better head to Samut Prakarn, makes me wonder, why would you even want them?

4k in On Nut, let me guess round about soi 25?

Ripp of falang plices.

Head out out of the ghetto and get them done for about 300 baht on Soi Nawamin.

Even better head to Samut Prakarn, makes me wonder, why would you even want them?

yeah Arjan Thoy his name is. Couldn't believe it. I paid about 100B when I got my Nine Peaks tattoo. Thanks for the tip about Soi Nawamin. What's the name of the place or person that does it? Wat Bang phra is very far, albeit a kind of mecca for sak, if there's a place nearer with good cred, I'd go.

Don't know if it will help mate but if you go into the general topics forum at the top you will find a 15 page pinned thread all about Buddhist tattoos that is pretty informative. You could possibly pm some of the guys in there too cos it sounds like they know their shit. I got all my sak done for the massive cost of about a carton of cigarettes (plus a donation of food, drinks and about 100 baht in a white envelope) off an Ajarn down in chon buri. Anymore costly than that you've been taken for a ride.

Don't know if it will help mate but if you go into the general topics forum at the top you will find a 15 page pinned thread all about Buddhist tattoos that is pretty informative. You could possibly pm some of the guys in there too cos it sounds like they know their shit. I got all my sak done for the massive cost of about a carton of cigarettes (plus a donation of food, drinks and about 100 baht in a white envelope) off an Ajarn down in chon buri. Anymore costly than that you've been taken for a ride.

thanks mate, I'll do just that!! Worth getting up at the crack of dawn and to have the experience. I remember even the journey, although long, to nakhon pathom was quite a spiritual experience. Have a good day mate.

If you go to wat bang Phra for sak yant, they will follow an pattern each time you go there and ultimately. What you will end up with at the end, will resemble a lions face, all made out of different Sam yant tattoos. It'd take a while to complete but it does look pretty good once it's finished, as long as you don't decide to go to another sak yant temple or ajarn who will do what they think you need and obviously not follow the wat bang Phra pattern. There are some good sak yant places around, there are far more tourist rip off places, ajarns, reusi, etc who want to charge a fortune for nothing but a picture. Saying that, even wat bang lhrabhas a tourist rip off sak yant department, charging 8-10,000 baht per tattoo. You'll find that one upstairs in the main building 2 floors above where Luang Phi Nunn sits.