Urgent Need For Blood

bggg

Mark a well known local guitar player has had a very serious accident. He was slammed by a truck. He is in ram1 and they need o+ blood for him. He ha shad surgery to repair his liver but needs a continuous supply of fresh blood at this point to keep him alive. If you are o+ and can help please go to Ram 1 and donate for him. Thank you!

Mark a well known local guitar player has had a very serious accident. He was slammed by a truck. He is in ram1 and they need o+ blood for him. He ha shad surgery to repair his liver but needs a continuous supply of fresh blood at this point to keep him alive. If you are o+ and can help please go to Ram 1 and donate for him. Thank you!

Always sorry to hear about nasty accidents, I hope he will pull through ok. Are you sure about the blood type being O +ve? This is the most common type of blood, and I'm surprised that it's not in the blood bank. Now if it was O -ve I could understand it, as it's very uncommon in Thailand, and I've often been asked to donate, usually for a farang.

I believe people with either O positive or negative blood can help. O positive is the most common group, so there should be many who can help Mark.

I am an A negative, which is 6 - 7 % of the world population. Not super-rare, but it's better to belong to the more common groups :o .

The predominance of some groups varies by area. I was told A neg was non-existent amongst the native mainland Chinese population. I had not been aware of this until another A neg expat was involved in an accident. Some expats go so far as to store some of their own A neg blood, in case of need. Is the same true in Thailand ?

More info on blood groups at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type

Best wishes to Mark.