Passenger train derails after collision with truck in Nakhon Pathom

webfact

Passenger train derails after collision with truck in Nakhon Pathom

130_Train.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A passenger train from Suphanburi to Bangkok was derailed after it was hit by a trailer truck Monday morning.

The incident happened at about 5.30 am.

The No 356 passenger train was on the way to Bangkok when it was rammed on the side by the 22-wheeler trailer truck at the unmanned railway crossing.

The collision caused the rear bogie of the train to derail.

A truck driver and two train passengers were injured.

They were all sent to Kamphaengsaen hospital for treatment.

The incident forced the State Railway of Thailand to arrange two trains, Nong Pladook-Nakhon Pathom and Nakhon Pathom-Bang Sue to transfer passengers from the derailed train to Bangkok.

Railway workers were clearing the derailed bogie from the tracks to open the rail service.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165274

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-30

i wonder where the flag was actually positioned behind him or in front ?

With the amount of things some have dangling around the windscreen they could easily miss seeing a small item such as a train.

Ahhh, another train accident. And another opportunity for me to say...... "this won't happen with Chinese high speed trains"

>

Beam me up Scotty.

Thanks Captain Kirk.

The problem here was not with the train (of any speed or origin) it was simply a fool of a trucker failing to notice a massive railway passenger car in front of his truck. The driver of the train would have felt nothing until his train went into emergency braking since his engine had already passed the impact site..

And I agree, it wont happen with Chinese, Japanese, German or Bhutanese HS trains, since their right of way will have to be completely separate from surface road crossings, i.e by use of underpasses or bridges.

Just think what it will be like they get the high speed trains.

You don't understand do you----- the high speed trains have no crossings for road transport.The roads and rails are designed on a different levelcoffee1.gif

Just think what it will be like they get the high speed trains.

You don't understand do you----- the high speed trains have no crossings for road transport.The roads and rails are designed on a different levelcoffee1.gif

I'm sure that, given time, Thai drivers will find a way of getting a truck on the rail tracks!