Japanese boy disappears after parents leave him in forest

webfact

Japanese boy disappears after parents leave him in forest

TOKYO (AP) — A 7-year-old boy is missing in a Japanese forest after his parents reportedly made him get out of the car as punishment.

Rescue workers resumed searching Monday in a wooded area on Hokkaido, the northernmost of Japan's four main islands. He has been missing since late Saturday afternoon.

Japanese media say the parents initially told police that their son had disappeared while they were picking wild vegetables, but they later admitted they had made him get out of the car to punish him for throwing rocks while playing at a river earlier in the day.

Japan's Kyodo News service says the father returned a few minutes later but the boy was gone.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-05-30

<deleted> are these parental skills?

No you DONT pretend to abandon your kid to teach him a lesson.

They didn't pretend..

They left him.. Doesn't matter how long..

He's gone..

I guessing, he's pretending to be missing, just to piss his shitty parents off..

<deleted> are these parental skills?

No you DONT pretend to abandon your kid to teach him a lesson.

They didn't pretend..

They left him.. Doesn't matter how long..

He's gone..

I guessing, he's pretending to be missing, just to piss his shitty parents off..

A 7 year old alone in the forest night, pretty sure he's too terrified to be pretending anything.

Man my heart goes out to the little guy. How could they do this. Children are children and you always try to keep them safe. I hope they find him safe. My boy does something that I feel is dangerous and always keep a eye on him and tell him not to that but I would never leave him by himself in a million years. Poor little guy.

OMG...he threw rocks into a river...the unpardonable sin!

"There is no known cure for stupidity"...

Does Japan have an abundance of wild animals that could have taken the boy?

Missing since Saturday, so this will be his 3rd night alone (hoping that he is still alive). It's hard to imagine what he is going through - and the parents (yes, they did a stupid thing) must be going through hell.

Reminds me of the 3 year old boy (Nong DJ) in Phuket who was lost in the forest for 6 days but found alive.

I hope and pray that this boy will be lucky too.

Boy abandoned in Japan for being naughty found alive, unharmed

A Japanese boy abandoned in a dense forest by his parents for being naughty was found alive and unharmed on Friday, nearly a week after his disappearance set off a massive search that kept the nation riveted.

Seven-year-old Yamato Tanooka was discovered in a building on a Japanese military base around 4 km (2.5 miles) from where he disappeared last Saturday after his parents left him by the side of a road, reportedly as discipline for throwing stones at cars.

"One of our soldiers was preparing for drills this morning and opened the door of a building on the base, and there he was," a member of Japan's Self-Defence Forces told NHK national television.

"When he asked 'are you Yamato?' the boy said yes. Then he said he was hungry, so the soldier gave him some water, bread and riceballs."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-missingboy-idUSKCN0YP06U?feedType=RSS&feedName=newsOne&google_editors_picks=true

Edited by Rob13

It's good to see the follow up to this story... and very good that they found the child alive and physically unharmed.

I don't think he'll be throwing any stones at cars for a while... I also suspect his parents will be a little less extreme with his discipline in future.

One thing is for sure... This little fella won't grow up with the little prince syndrome to be a spoilt, full of self importance and entitlement that some kids and young adults display.