Clashes erupt at rally to mark third anniversary of Gezi park protests

webfact

Clashes erupt at rally to mark third anniversary of Gezi park protests

606x341_334312.jpg

ISTANBUL: -- With fists in the air, crowds chanted ‘The struggle continues’ as protesters marked the third anniversary of the Gezi park demos in Turkey.

Police clashed with activists who gathered at Istanbul’s famous Istiklal street, with the aim of marching to the park. However, as every year the site was on lockdown along with Taksim Square.

Referring to the Turkish president’s criticism of France’s violent response to recent labour protests, one protester said, “I salute the President. It is controversial for a President who criticises French police and the pressure they heaped on people in the country, to dish out this treatment to us today. He is contradicting himself. We don’t understand why he is afraid of letting us go to that park.”

Gezi park and nearby Taksim square became the epicentre of anti-government protests which spiraled into nationwide demos against the perceived authoritarian rule of President Erdogan.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-01

If they give Turkey a good shake now, we will get an extra 80m of them in Europe. That sounds like a wet dream for our left wing political leaders. I note that Erdogan has gone rogue recently and has openly been ordering Turks to outbreed "others"

here is a link from the bastion of PC the BBC http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36413097

On one had they frantically deny this is happening(even on this very thread), where is the proof! show me the proof! I need links! , on the other hand their leaders are openly saying it. What a fine mess this is. Logic is outlawed? Don't mention the other 4 wives.