Horrible Discovery in Tiger Temple: Dozens of Dead Tiger Kittens

webfact

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

facepalm.gif

I have said for years that place should be closed down as the situation with those gorgeous animals was appalling.......

They where DRUGGED UP so as to be approachable for the paying public.

No way they would have been docile otherwise and thats common sense!

No we see it was even worse with the cruel behaviour of the uncaring callous so called religious Monks.

They should all be charged and go to prison.

Then we have the Abbot who is a law unto himself and the Billionaire

Fly boy alluding capture.

My advice to everyone is

DON'T GIVE 1 BAHT TO THESE PARASITES and that includes GIFTS OF FOOD ETC.

Wake up Thai people.

Well to be a Monk here all you need to do is show up.

No way of course that the guy sitting in the captain's chair here fell into that category. This has been going on for a very long time and why it has taken until now for it to be exposed will remain a mystery ... as probably will the whereabouts of he who has now vacated the captain's chair in a hurry. He will no doubt be 'connected' and leave it to others to face the music - if indeed anyone does.

They preach KARMA to the congregation but obviously don't believe in it!

Wolves in sheep's clothing.

Disgusting so much for religion

There is nothing wrong with religion per se, it is the way it is abused that is disgusting

Apologies for the pedantry but Buddhism isn't a 'religion' and shouldn't be put on display as such.

Are you going to update Wikipedia then? They think it is. So do the people who collect the UK census and design hospital patient registration forms.

They are shockingly skilled at breeding. A real pity that they did not put these skills toward a useful end .... given the current plight of Asian tigers.

Asian tiger? What other type is there? The "Tasmanian tiger" is extinct and never was a tiger!

Anyone out there still defending the scum who ran this cesspit?

Was there any?

Went there about four years ago. Clearly a commercial enterprise run by and for the monks.

I could not understand why there was a group of western "volunteers" helping to look after the tigers. If they had cared about the animals they should have been campaigning outside the entrance.

Cambodia wants some tigers to release into the wild. Send fifty or so over there.

Defrock each and every one of them, then imprison them all.

This looks like a massive scam illegally flogging animal parts to certain nationalities who believe in their super powers.

They aren't real monks and should be treated as con men and feel the full weight of the law - not only for animal cruelty but for impersonation, bringing Buddhism and Thailand into disrepute.

But that will no doubt depend on who some of their customers might be.

From the New York Times:

"We have declared all the deaths to the officials over the years said Suputpong Pakdjarung, a former police colonel who runs the temple's business operation." (emphasis added)

Says it all.

Edited by phuketandsee

One good question: why they had dead baby tigers and other animal parts?

Probably to sell for use in Chinese 'medicines'.

Take note all ye worshippers of 'Alternative' medicine

Why, the market for this sort of thing is for a very small populationwho believe that products from certain wild animals will have a beneficial effect. To lump it in with Alternative medicine shows a lack of knowledge about the subject

This is absolutely not true - it is a MAJOR industry that threatens flora and fauna on a worldwide scale...mostly endangered species.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Please this is not about religion at all its about bad monks nothing to do with Buddhist teaching at all. Same Catholic priest who abuse children nothing to do with Catholic Church. I do not like what they have done bad bad for Thailand and as I said I hope they get locked up.

but it's not about religion.

Please this is not about religion at all its about bad monks nothing to do with Buddhist teaching at all. Same Catholic priest who abuse children nothing to do with Catholic Church. I do not like what they have done bad bad for Thailand and as I said I hope they get locked up.

but it's not about religion.

well.. that's is sort of true... but the problem is these people do their bad deeds under the name and protection their religion affords them.

Without their religion they would not be monks.. they would be normal people illegally keeping, killing and selling protected wildlife and they would be all in prison by now and they actions condemned by everyone. Because they are monks, they were able to continue doing these things with no consequences as no one wanted to be seen to be upsetting or doing bad things to monks.. as it is a taboo.

Also, I suspect this is the reason the PM is not doing anything about it.. as it could make him look like a very bad person to many Buddhist Thai people who don't know the real story, or who don't give second thought about tigers or wildlife.

40 killed "tiger cubs aged from birth to one week old" ... in a Buddhist monastry shock1.gif. Who killed them and who oversaw this?

The antithesis of one of Buddhism's principles: protection of life, including animals and that "all living entities are equal".

I predict that this news report will morph into international news.

It is already being reported Internationally ! smile.png

Try reading the topic for information ..................................

You're right; my mistake not to have looked at the news source. Didn't know they may sometimes take national news from international sources.

Anyone out there still defending the scum who ran this cesspit?

There is a more balanced perspective that doesn't involve a rabid PC crusade against this particular place but that focusses on what is necessary to properly regulate such places.

People will always collect animals - it's human nature. And there are scores of places that keep tigers in Thailand for 'whatever' reason. No one is naive enough to assume that many of them don't involve trafficking, given the compelling economic pressure to do so and widespread corruption on high. The real issue is one of control - how to effectively monitor every individual animal - and monitor the monitors.

The solution is political - unfortunately - as that prospect is even further off now than it ever was. The crusade against this one particular place is meant to set some kind of an example but is still missing the wider point, and I still fear for the well-being of all the current tigers once they are dispersed to who-knows-where, and all the others in scores of places that no one hears about that are still vulnerable.

They are shockingly skilled at breeding. A real pity that they did not put these skills toward a useful end .... given the current plight of Asian tigers.

Asian tiger? What other type is there? The "Tasmanian tiger" is extinct and never was a tiger!

Although tigers ranged all over Asia there are in fact several subspecies with quite different characteristics....the temple appears to have cross bred these subspecies which is absolutely no good for conservation.

Disgusting so much for religion

There is nothing wrong with religion per se, it is the way it is abused that is disgusting

Take away religion and what do we have? world peace, less pedophiles in trusted positions, 40 more tigers , thousands of people still with heads...I could go on

What do we have?

Political/ideological/racial/economic/social/vital resource based war, genocide,conflict and injustice. Sorry nearly forgot, animal parts trafficking and sex crimes.

You might call it "Evil".

All you "Atheists" from the old Judaeo-Christian world still seem to think that we can get back to a time before the "Fall from Grace", create a new "Garden of Eden" and live in the garden, devoid of malevolence, in the way that "God" allegedly intended for us.

And you think all you have to do is get rid of the very thing that implanted that idea deep in your psyche, and it'll all come true.

Funny really.

Edited by Enoon

No wonder I'm agnostic. My first wife was Jewish, My second was a muslim, My third of whom I,m still married to is a Thai Budhist whom I love and is best . I was born Anglican, Religion "It's all bullshit".

Right. The discovery that religion, man's futile efforts to connect with God, doesn't work ....and I'm not being sarcastic smile.png .

"If the tiger cubs indeed turn out to have just been killed, it would support accusations it was knowingly engaged in illegal, for-profit breeding and trafficking of the animals."

I missed the part in Buddha's teachings where he stated that his followers should go forth and kill defenseless animals, not for food, but only for material gains. Or else, these monks are really good at reading between the lines.

They should all be sentenced to hard labor shoveling animal dung for 16 hours a day. No days off. Not even for holidays.

Maybe they can join the Monkhood ooooh sorry they are already part of it.What a farce..

Shocking to find out that thai buddism has so many low life scumbacks walking around in safran robes.

It is supposed to be an institution in which people can have just a little bit of faith.

Now when I see a monk in the streets I wonder whether he is real or a scumback.

Although tigers ranged all over Asia there are in fact several subspecies with quite different characteristics....the temple appears to have cross bred these subspecies which is absolutely no good for conservation.

Agreed. Any of these sub-species not "Asian"?