4x2 ford everest announced for September 2016 (also sync 3)

KhunTao

Looking at the specs between the 2.2+ and 3.2+ models, besides the obviously bigger engine , I see only two other differences, which both have to do with terrain management and would be of use to a serious off-roader. There are hill-decent control and full-time four-wheel drive. All the other convenience, driver-assist, and safety kit is the same. My price list has the 3.2+ at 200k more than the 2.2+...worth it?

You might think the 2.2 is a bit underpowered.

2 minutes ago, MYKTHEMIN said:

New Pajero is far better and a sensible price. and will not depreciate like a dropping brick.

I wish the Ford depreciation was like a dropping brick.  I was planning to buy the old model Everest 4X4 after the new one had been out long enough to hit the second hand market.  I know it's a dinosaur with the turning circle of a battleship, but it's a tough, useful vehicle and I like the 'honest' looks.  But the last-of-the-old-model examples I've seen are still over 600,000 THB, so not worth the risk of buying used.

The Fortuna may hold it's value better (though I'm not so sure about the latest model), but a good condition, low KM's Everest seems to hold on to it's value pretty well (too well for me!).

3 minutes ago, Familyonthemove said:

I wish the Ford depreciation was like a dropping brick.  I was planning to buy the old model Everest 4X4 after the new one had been out long enough to hit the second hand market.  I know it's a dinosaur with the turning circle of a battleship, but it's a tough, useful vehicle and I like the 'honest' looks.  But the last-of-the-old-model examples I've seen are still over 600,000 THB, so not worth the risk of buying used.

The Fortuna may hold it's value better (though I'm not so sure about the latest model), but a good condition, low KM's Everest seems to hold on to it's value pretty well (too well for me!).

I bought the first generation Everest when it first came out in 2004, and at that time the only other choices in that class were the clanky Mitsuibishi G Wagon or the equally old skool Toyota Sportrider. It was a great vehicle for the 3 years I owned it but was as you say a battleship, and my impression is that until this new generation model, they kind of remained that old battleship. 

If that's true, and the changes were not major, you might consider a clean older first generation family owned if you can find it. 

1 hour ago, keemapoot said:

I bought the first generation Everest when it first came out in 2004, and at that time the only other choices in that class were the clanky Mitsuibishi G Wagon or the equally old skool Toyota Sportrider. It was a great vehicle for the 3 years I owned it but was as you say a battleship, and my impression is that until this new generation model, they kind of remained that old battleship. 

If that's true, and the changes were not major, you might consider a clean older first generation family owned if you can find it. 

Loved my old Sportrider...it was a great SUV and never had a problem with it. I sold it after 12 years for 300k or about 1/3rd what I paid for it used.

In this class of SUV, I'm only interested in the Everest (again for its honest good looks and clean lines) and the comfort and safety kit. If I don't buy an Everest , I'd step down in size to an X-trail or CX5. Price isn't an issue.

• 6 months later...
According to my Ford Dealer the Everest and Ranger will now be delivered with a navigation system.
I’m not sure about the total price increase!
Considering the Ranger it took Ford 5 years in Thailand to make this step!

Yes, the Sync3 system is miles better than Sync2. Blame Ford Aus for not being arsed to make Sync2 read Thai characters.

If anyone orders a new one (especially the Ranger) make sure it will actually have Sync3 as there are still quite a few unsold Sync2 models.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk