Retirement extension cancelled, returned with new visa. When should 90-day notice be done?

I had a retirement extension which was going to expire on June 30th. My 90-day notice was due on June 27th. I exited Thailand on the 27th to go to Suwannakhet to apply for a Non-B Visa. Got the visa, no problem. When I came back to Thailand the next day I went to Jomthien immigration( where I have been doing my 90-day reporting for the last 15 years) and asked the avuncular Thai immigration official who sits at the far right of the 90-day reporting table if I needed to report my 90-day thing now or should I wait 90 days since I have a new visa and I had left the country which cancelled my retirement extension. He said there is no need to do the 90-day report now since you left the country and have a new visa. He told me wait 90 days and then report. He then pointed to my new Non-B visa in my passport and told me I should report 90 days from the entrance date of my new visa.

I am posting this because numerous expats that I consulted told me the opposite is the case and contradicted what the immigration official had said. I hope the immigration official is right.

You do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country unless you stay in the country that long. The 90 days end on the date your leave the country and starts again when you enter the country again.

Unless you apply for an extension of stay prior to the 90 day entry you got you will not need to do a 90 day report. You would have to leave the country on or before the 90th day.

If you apply for an extension you will not need to do a 90 day report until 90 days from the date your apply for it.

The requirements are simple.

Report after 90 continuous days in the country.

If you are not here for 90 days there is no need to report.

Simple as that. thumbsup.gif

----------------------

If you know hat you are doing and have a one year retirement extension, you would normally be required to report each 90 days for a 90 day report.

But if you leave Thailand each 89 days or less, then return while using a exit e-entry permit to keep your one year retirement extension valid, each return restarts your 90 day clock.

By doing this every 89 days or less, you will never actually need to file a 90 day report.

I myself have gone for 6 months at a time, legally, by leaving Thailand before my 90 days was up.

But I would not recommend this procedure, as it is expensive to travel in and out of Thailand like that.

In my case it was done for other personal reasons.

• Like 1

You do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country unless you stay in the country that long. The 90 days end on the date your leave the country and starts again when you enter the country again.

Unless you apply for an extension of stay prior to the 90 day entry you got you will not need to do a 90 day report. You would have to leave the country on or before the 90th day.

If you apply for an extension you will not need to do a 90 day report until 90 days from the date your apply for it.

Doesn't that only count for the first extension applied for, and subsequent ones don't count?

Doesn't that only count for the first extension applied for, and subsequent ones don't count?

Only the first extension application is considered a 90 day report.

It will be the first extension for OP since he is starting all over again with a new visa entry.

• Like 1

The requirements are simple.

Report after 90 continuous days in the country.

If you are not here for 90 days there is no need to report.

Simple as that. thumbsup.gif

And if you are in the country on a multi entry non-imm B visa entry rather than an extension of stay, you have to leave the country every 90 days.

Edited by Suradit69

This is a very very simple thing and I really don't understand why so many people do not understand it. You need a 90 days report from anytime that you enter the country. If you stay for 89 days and go out of Thailand you need no 90 days report. It say clearly 90 days not 89, not 110. So when you leave and come back your 90 days report start from the day of arrival.

• Like 1