Hotel with parking visit VFS for visa

patongphil

We will be coming down from northern Isaan to the VFS office at Trendy towers.

Just looking for any recommendation on a hotel, about $50 with decent parking, to overnight in before we visit the office. Would prefer to be a bit outside the centre as not really too keen on battling Bangkok traffic so anywhere near the main highway north and easy to find.

I used to stay at the convenient Park hotel on Sukhumvit road around soi 60.

I has free parking, free WiFi, free breakfast, the restaurant is OK in the evenings, it is about a 2 minute walk to Punnawithi BTS station.

It isn't a posh place but it is clean and you can get a room for 1,000 a night or less or more if you wish.

Once you get on the BTS life will be a bit easier but beware of the early morning crush hour as the BTS gets packed solid until after 9 or 10 am.

To get there from the north get to Bangkok and take the eastern part of the tollway towards Suvannabhumi airport but keep going past that turn and come off heading towards Samut Prakan and Bang Na. Follow the signs to Sukhumvit and go over the Bang Na road down on to Sukhumvit road as though you are going into the city. When you get underneath Punnawithi BTS station turn left onto Sukhumvit 64 and the hotel is signposted.

When you go back north on your way home turn left onto Sukhumvit and either make a U turn and go back the way you came or stay on Sukhumvit down to On Nut BTS then turn left just after Lotus Tesco onto soi 50 and right a bit further on to get onto the Ram Intra express way which will take you back out to the route 9 and back up north again.

Edited by billd766

I am afraid that this subforum is not visited by many Bangkok local experts.

I guess you come down on highway/tollway #1 (Phahon Yothin)?

You want to use MRT/BTS to get into the city?

As I am not a Bangkok expert I have to give up here.

Move this thread?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Topic moved to Bangkok Forum.

You may get more answers there.

/Moved.

I usually stay Le Fenix in sukumvit 11. around 1000-1500 a night, so not really a back packers. lots of parking, buffet breakfast, roof top bar.

Ambassador hotel (the rear entrance) is across the road from VFS.

Both would involve navigating the BKK traffic to find. But once you are there, walking distance to VFS is an advantage.

Edited by Peterw42

I has free parking, free WiFi, free breakfast, the restaurant is OK in the evenings, it is about a 2 minute walk to Punnawithi BTS station.

It isn't a posh place but it is clean and you can get a room for 1,000 a night or less or more if you wish.

Once you get on the BTS life will be a bit easier but beware of the early morning crush hour as the BTS gets packed solid until after 9 or 10 am.

To get there from the north get to Bangkok and take the eastern part of the tollway towards Suvannabhumi airport but keep going past that turn and come off heading towards Samut Prakan and Bang Na. Follow the signs to Sukhumvit and go over the Bang Na road down on to Sukhumvit road as though you are going into the city. When you get underneath Punnawithi BTS station turn left onto Sukhumvit 64 and the hotel is signposted.

When you go back north on your way home turn left onto Sukhumvit and either make a U turn and go back the way you came or stay on Sukhumvit down to On Nut BTS then turn left just after Lotus Tesco onto soi 50 and right a bit further on to get onto the Ram Intra express way which will take you back out to the route 9 and back up north again.

I wish there were more posts like this on ThaiVisa. I am going to try harder myself to be more informative and less nasty in my postings. No promises though.

I wish there were more posts like this on ThaiVisa. I am going to try harder myself to be more informative and less nasty in my postings. No promises though.

Glad to hear that, you always get good advice and help from the majority of Thaivisa members. The information from Billd766 is a perfect example.

Unfortunately, there are the odd one or two idiots (I am not referring to you here) who get a bit nasty when all you want is some help.

Edited by possum1931

Topic moved to Bangkok Forum.

You may get more answers there.

/Moved.

I usually stay Le Fenix in sukumvit 11. around 1000-1500 a night, so not really a back packers. lots of parking, buffet breakfast, roof top bar.

Ambassador hotel (the rear entrance) is across the road from VFS.

Both would involve navigating the BKK traffic to find. But once you are there, walking distance to VFS is an advantage.

The biggest problem with getting to Sukhumvit soi 11 when coming from the north is the bit getting off the expressway at Sukhumvit and up to soi 11 which I suppose is the best part of 1 km and the traffic is bad at most times of the day..

IIRC the best time is from about 10am to 3pm because after that the outbound traffic really starts to clog up and soi 11 is on the outbound side.

Getting from the Bang Na Trat highway down to soi 60 is pretty much OK after 11 am as it is inbound and it is about 2 to 3 km down Sukhumvit. Getting down to On Nut Tesco in the morning isn't too bad once you get past Sukhumvit 62 which will also take you to the At Narong express way north or back out past Don Mueang airport towards Ayuttha/ Saraburi and back up north.

I booked the convenient Park hotel through Agoda and got a fair price and they have references to a lot of hotels at varying prices in the Sukhumvit area.

Good luck on your trip.

Dont drive into the city a nightmare. If you intend to stay over, get a hotel near the airport and take the ARL/BTS rail links into the city and get off at Nana station easy. Alternatively just park at the airport very cheap and do same.

I live in Korat , when we go Bkk I stay at the Waterford resort OM Nut it's about around Soi 57 I believe Sukhumvit. About a 1000 baht per night with a great swimming pool and five minutes from Tesco where the food in the food court is very very good.

Forget driving down to Soi eleven Sukhumvit is a nightmare.

When you stay at Waterford resort drive down to Tesco park there free for two hours and go to second floor to walk sky bridge to BTS. Costs thirty eight baht to Nana station five minute walk to trendy building.

From the north, when on expressway exit at sign for OM Nut,, follow OM nut signs straight road for a few is.

You will pass big c on your Lhs hundred meters t junction turn left go past Tesco do the first u turn come back to Tesco passing and turn left past Tesco but up the side of it about four hundred meter seven eleven on left hand side road signed to hotel turn right immediately.

Book the resort on Agoda very nice condo type rooms underground parking I would recommend this place to anyone,

You can find a map to the hotel simply google the hotel and print it off.

Be sure to watch the signs carefully on expressway for OM nut, the road you will finish up off the expressway is Lat Krabang.

Book the hotel early it's quite busy even off season, no restraunt but a bad by the pool as I said good food at Tesco..

Hope this helps