The Game - Redux ?

pgrahmm

Happened to go to the Rim Ping there & there were workers going in & out of the Game.....

Look's to be some renovation going on....Anyone know what's happening or opening there?

Terrible staff, all just looking at their phones instead of taking care of customers. I had to walk up to them from my table to ask for service. Good luck to the new owners.

yes will be open in the next few weeks,

a few beautiful maerimites,have grab the reinsbiggrin.png

this stable has a good track record , apart from the normal opening glitches etc etc, expect a first class ride at The Game 2smile.png

its a great to be alive good morning, to all my readersbiggrin.png

yes will be open in the next few weeks,

a few beautiful maerimites,have grab the reinsbiggrin.png

this stable has a good track record , apart from the normal opening glitches etc etc, expect a first class ride at The Game 2smile.png

its a great to be alive good morning, to all my readersbiggrin.png

Look forward to it.....Almost thought about jumping in there myself - but why throw retirement/freedom away?

Lets just say it's going to be an improvement on the Game V1.0.

...because its almost impossible to run a bar as badly as it was run before.

Staff were not trained, food was really poor...so if they take the basic premise of a sports bar with good sports and focus on staff and quality food...they may have something.

Sure hope so.

For their sake, I hope they don't come on here and attack people with constructive comments, like the deceased's henchmen did....mosr of whom have disappeared from the forum. Yeah. 150 thb for a pint of piss is a little high in that area....by the time they realized how foolish they were to try and charge that much, most had already said never or never again. I'm sure the pretentious will come out again and say 10 or 20 thb doesn't matter, etc.., but with that rent, they will need to do a big volume to survive. Even on Moon Mueang, 100 thb for a pint of Leo could result in an empty place. Average wages are less than 15K per month....the people making western wages are needles in haystacks.

The "old" place certainly looked nice, both inside and out. I hope not much is needed to be done to the physical plant to get it up and running. As said, the "trick" is in staff training/management and having someone who really knows sports to pay attention to the programming. Plus, to offer food and drink at reasonable prices. While some will moan, I think most will pay a price a little above the cheap places where you buy 3 bottles for 169 baht and sit on a plastic chair outside along the road if they know they're getting good service and able to watch the game they came to see in nice surroundings.

Kad Farang is Kad Farang Village in Hang Dong?

No .Kad Farang is a mini shopping mall located in Hang dong on the 108 at GPS:18.7019725181, 98.9322202117 (Kad Farang). If you use Google Earth pop these coordinates in then go o street view and you can see the original "The Game"

A dozen food and drink outlets there already plus a food court.

This will be the 3rd or 4th attempt to run a business from that exact spot in the last 5 to 6 years, has the look of a money pit.

For their sake, I hope they don't come on here and attack people with constructive comments, like the deceased's henchmen did....mosr of whom have disappeared from the forum. Yeah. 150 thb for a pint of piss is a little high in that area....by the time they realized how foolish they were to try and charge that much, most had already said never or never again. I'm sure the pretentious will come out again and say 10 or 20 thb doesn't matter, etc.., but with that rent, they will need to do a big volume to survive. Even on Moon Mueang, 100 thb for a pint of Leo could result in an empty place. Average wages are less than 15K per month....the people making western wages are needles in haystacks.

Well, to be fair to the game, there were some critics who were pointlessly nasty. There was one, for example, who repeatedly gloated about buying their barstools when they went out of business. He would even gratuitously slam The Game in threads that had nothing to do with it. I'm sure this is not the kind of thing that you would ever do but there really are some awful people out there.