Unbelievable yet again.

Snackbar

Cotto toilet cistern needs replacing. It's leaking and consequently operates the pump when the pressure drops. A simple 30 minute replacement job for a sensible and logical person. OH NO SIR.

Woke up this morning to see a new toilet, in a create outside the bathroom door waiting for the 'engineer'.

Apparently the Thai style fix is to remove the existing toilet and install a 'cheaper alternative'.

New toilet from Home Pro B3,500. + installation.

A quick search shows the spare part is 'a kinetic round and oval button dual flush outlet valve kit.' Cost B1,200.

Why am I surprised by the constant idiocy of these people?

Simply told the landlord the toilet is leaking and needs fixing.

Like you I assumed a rational approach to a very simple problem. Hench my astonishment at the consistent stupidity of these illogical people.

Beyond belief.

You think that's bad. After completing a one year lease, Mrs. Owner refuses to refund my 38,000฿ deposit, because she overextended financially. Finding ludicrous excused charging me for maintenance outside the agreed contract. Considering going to civil court but I'm the foreigner and she the innocent Thai-Chinese.

Like you I assumed a rational approach to a very simple problem. Hench my astonishment at the consistent stupidity of these illogical people.

Beyond belief.

Sorry, I had thought it was your own place. Clearly your landlord has no clue.

OK......two instances a day apart from each other.

Got a bloke around to install a simple U-bend in one of the PVC drains.

Where he chose to cut the existing pipe and install a U-bend, didn't have enough room to hang down.

So.....he installed it side-ways.

Was in Villa Mart yesterday. As always, I looked at the 2 for 1 display. Took two packets of McVities digestive biscuits.

At the check-out, I noticed they rang the full price up for each packet.

Pointed out that this was on special offer; buy one, get one free.

A minion scurried away to check. Came back and told me that it wasn't on special offer.

Got the Thai manager over and showed him the display with the words 2 for 1 in foot high letters, then showed him where the biscuits were.

Told him that if these biscuits are not on special offer, maybe they should be displayed with all the other biscuits not on offer.

Got a blank stare, a Wai and then I left shaking my head.

You think that's bad. After completing a one year lease, Mrs. Owner refuses to refund my 38,000฿ deposit, because she overextended financially. Finding ludicrous excused charging me for maintenance outside the agreed contract. Considering going to civil court but I'm the foreigner and she the innocent Thai-Chinese.

Often the case. In 18 years of landlording I can only remember one case where a guest smoked in bed and burned the bedcovers (and the spares) and the mattress with cigarette burned plus plenty other burned furniture from butts. He was on a 6 month rental. Bitched like hell when I deducted the actual costs from his deposit.

Edited by LivinginKata

Beyond belief.

But did he know exactly what was leaking, or did he think the pot itself was leaking?

Why are you so astonished?

They are simply ripping off the landlord.

Hardly anything new for Phuket.

They'll probably clean up your old toilet, fix it, put it in crate of the new toilet, and sell it to the next person.

Maybe you are getting a secondhand toilet, or he is upgrading the toilet in his own place. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan

About a month ago my neighbor had a guy doing some work around his house. There is a concrete wall on my property (please lets not get into whether or not its my property of Mrs Shots) about 2.5 meters high. I was out washing the car when I heard an impact drill power up on the other side of the wall. DRILL...DRILL...BRRRRRR...DRILL...BANG..BANG...DRILL BRRRRRRRR. I look at the wall and a chuck of it pops off followed by a 12" drill bit. About 1/2 second later another chunk flies off followed by the drill bit about 4 inches below the first one. I run over to his house and start banging on the wall door, but he can't here me because the drill is really loud and he can't see me because the wall too tall. I scoop up a handful of gravel and toss it over the wall. The drilling stops and I'm shouting STOP, STOP, STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. He finally opens the door and I have him look through the holes he drilled, and he can very clearly see my half washed car. He looks at me with the drill still in his hand and says "I not do, I not do"

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts corrected

Once, years ago I told my apt manager in Bkk that my bathtub was clogged. I wanted to borrow a plunger. He came back. I was busy in another room. Heard this loud crash and caught him in mid swing with a sledgehammer . I threw him out and found a plunger. Sure enough it was fine after a good plunge and he only had to replace about six inchs of tile not the whole side of the tiled tub.

Finally got my Nokia Lumia fixed at the 3rd attempt and 4 months of <deleted> about.

1st effort by engineer lasted a week.

2nd effort, the engineer breaks the internal housing and says nothing, within a week phone's useless.

3rd attempt today, I supply a new phone housing and ask a different engineer.

Staggering that these people have no shame, zero conscience nore honesty, yet strutt around as if they can make it rain at will.

Beggers belief. <deleted> numpties.

About a month ago my neighbor had a guy doing some work around his house. There is a concrete wall on my property (please lets not get into whether or not its my property of Mrs Shots) about 2.5 meters high. I was out washing the car when I heard an impact drill power up on the other side of the wall. DRILL...DRILL...BRRRRRR...DRILL...BANG..BANG...DRILL BRRRRRRRR. I look at the wall and a chuck of it pops off followed by a 12" drill bit. About 1/2 second later another chunk flies off followed by the drill bit about 4 inches below the first one. I run over to his house and start banging on the wall door, but he can't here me because the drill is really loud and he can't see me because the wall too tall. I scoop up a handful of gravel and toss it over the wall. The drilling stops and I'm shouting STOP, STOP, STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. He finally opens the door and I have him look through the holes he drilled, and he can very clearly see my half washed car. He looks at me with the drill still in his hand and says "I not do, I not do"

We had this sort of experience where the resort next door fitted a sink against our guests's house wall. Drilleed through into the guests's lounge. Pointed out to the resort owner (an Italian) that we left a small land gap between properties and he was building in my wife's land. Much apologies and the sink was removed and wall repaired.

Beyond belief.

...but its not your toilet and not your house.

We recently had a leak in a pipe bringing water into the second bathroom. The pipe was embedded in the lower structural beam and had to be exposed by cutting the concrete.

Normally the damaged part of the pipe would be cut out and a straight connector used to join the ends. You need to be able to manipulate the pipe to get the ends into a connector. This was impossible in our case because the pipe was firmly encased in concrete.

Here's how our guy solved the problem. Not sure if it's stupidity or cleverness.

post-18822-0-81488400-1468116570_thumb.j