Did any one thing change the way you think?

This didnt "change my life" but it did make me think and try to be a little better .

when i was younger about 18 i was quite a good looking lad(god what happened) and many girls seemed to like me , so i was a bit flash , one day i was sitting in the coffee shop with my mates and a group of girls and one of them who i had been out with gave me a letter and i read it ,it said that she thought i was good looking and etc etc , after a few minutes i passed it to my mates for a laugh and one read it out , the girl burst into tears and ran out , in that instant i went from being in my own mind a bit of a lad to a right shit , that one thing made me change ,i never ever cheated on any girl or made fun again , all these years later its always stuck with me ,what i did .

well thats off my chest

lets hear your life changing moments

I was in a gogo bar and one girl was forced on stage, naked, and stood there and cried. To make it worse a group of Japanese / Korean tourists loved that she was crying.

That was me finished with Soi Cowboy.

On a serious note, yes someone showed me another way of looking at things, from a spiritual way, and a few years earlier at 22 i had an experience with a girl friend, i got extremely jealous of her flirting, the emotion i felt i did not like, after some consideration she was moved on and I've never experienced that emotion again.

I was looking at my husband while he was having a rant and thought he sounds and looks just like Alf Garnet.

Then later that evening I looked in a mirror and ......... Oh god, you silly moo.

Divorce time.

Edited by MissAndry

One time I was obeying the law, being a good boy, then I had a bad turn done to me by the people who made that law.

Ever since then, I then vowed to myself, that will never happen to me again. It hasn't, and I have been making up for it

and more ever since, giving them a taste of their own medicine so to speak, though not in Thailand.

Edited by possum1931

I lived in the Philippines from early '78 til late '88 and made literally millions of dollars selling US commercial properties to foreign investors all over SE Asia using my office in Manila as a base of operations. I was living the lifestyle of the rich and famous and in the process became alcoholic, drug addicted and sex addicted having slept with over 1000 ladies from prostitutes to hisos during that period. In '87 alone I sold USD70Million to Hong Kong investors and had USD7Million coming on the deal and got scammed out of all the commission by one of Marcos's former Cabinet Ministers who fronted me in and my Principals back in the States. I wound up dead broke and at a point of leaping off a balcony from my 14th floor high rise condo in the early morning hours of August 5, 1988.

For years I had heard the Christian TV evangelists preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and had simply snarled and rejected the offer of salvation, but that morning I came to grips with and acknowledged my sin against a holy God, and I fell to my knees in my apartment and asked Christ to come into my heart and change my life. The Lord, by the power of His Spirit, delivered me from all of my addictions. I have been drug and alcohol free now for 28 years and have been totally faithful in my marriages to 2 Thai ladies during all those years, one of which abandoned me for a younger man after 18 years of marriage, but that sin is upon her.

I knew for years that I was headed down the wrong road, but I was powerless in my own strength to turn from my lascivious lifestyle and evil ways. It was Christ and His grace alone that regenerated my heart, and I am changed forevermore.

Edited by fittobethaied

Like many a person....I used to enjoy a coffee with a friend or two and a right old good "gossiping" session about some of our mutual friends.

I was one day celebrating a birthday (sobriety birthday) and all of these friends were present in the room. One by one they started to utter very nice things about me and how glad they were to have met me and glad I had come into their lives. As it went around the room I began to wish the floor would just open up and swallow me down into it. I just keep thinking, what would these people think of me if they had heard some of the things I was sharing with others (and they with me) about them within the last week.

Hand on heart....I no longer gossip about people...at all... In fact, I found it very awkward to abstain from getting involved in these conversations when they invariably started up during these coffee sessions, so much so that I no longer go.

It has had a dramatic effect on me....I immediately seen a change in my attitude towards myself....I actually began to like myself....which was a new feeling for me. I find it very easy now to tell a person I'm not interested in gossiping when they start it going. Believe it or believe it not, most reply...."You'r right, I have to do something about it too". They absolutely understand what I'm about.

as a young buck, strolling down on a furlough day, in Perth.

It happened that the US Navy was in town - the Kittyhawk if I recall

Anyhows, here we were us 6 fellas, heading down the Mall towards the cinema...

...a group of giiggly girlies were headed towards us

One appraches me, with a " are you Americans?"

I as usual am too quick to reply,

with a

"Whaah Hell Noo - we're Gaardamm Canadian"

...and she walked away

the fellas each gave me a punch in the arm - so I'll never forget

and that was 35 years ago,

and I'vebeen trying to Stop this Foot-In-Mouth thingy ever since

That tab of California Sunshine back in 1972, never been the same since.

Yep, me too. You are never the same after LSD........I think it was the same year too.

Me too….mine was a Gorbachev (apparently most of the acid was concentrated on the birth mark) back in 91

Self employed and overly frustrated and harsh on underachieving employees. One day I realized God didn't give everyone the same toolkit to navigate life. If he did I wouldn't be the boss, just another worker. After that epiphany I understood my good fortune and became more patient and less of a judgmental jerk.

Went for a Lunch with a fellow veteran, he was a Vietnam Vet.

Before settling in I got up to go get a Coffee, In the Tabaret section (Pokies)

He hadn't been here before so I motioned him to follow...

...we get to the door in, from the corridor, and he freezes in his tracks...

" I cannot go in there", he stutters

" I am a Salvo man, and we not allowed to gamble"

Thought for a second, and I came out out with a quickie response...

"Oh., I only go to the machine that always wins, there's no gambling in it"

"W-What do you mean?" he was SHOCKED...

"uMMM, The Coffee Machine - iI only play the machine that always wins" I replied

His look of disappointment in me - vanished

Afterwards I got to thinking about much of what he bashed into my ears during those moments,

and so resolved that I had to stop stop stop my actual Pokies habit,

and follow my own words of that day

Now... I haven't played a Pokies ever since - for over 4 years

What made it all good, was that he was now able to go into these places - without any fear of regret or shame

For most of my life I blamed my youthful angst on my parents. "Why didn't they.....?" "Why did they...?". "Why can't they be...?". Etc... Around age 35 and having two children of my own I one day realized that they were not the superheroes I expected but just human beings doing the best they could. From that point on I accepted responsibility for my thoughts and actions and and acted accordingly. It was ALL on ME. I also saw my parents in a completely different light and began appreciating what they did. Big difference. No more angst. Now I'm waiting for my own children to see the light.

Edited by riceyummm

I was 19 with long hair and got a job at a big petrochemical company. I could care less about working. Late for work etc. Got called in to the office and was told they were going to fire me if I didn't shape up. Well that woke me up. I stated at the bottom job and worked up to the top job..chief operator. The even gave me supervisor role doing the production schedules. Later job opportunities came for me to go help start new plants up in Louisiana Texas Spain and finally Map Ta Putt. And that is why I ended up in Thailand. You never know where you going and I always tell people if a door opens walk through it.