Selling Buriram registered scooter in Chonburi

Yes. I sold my bike and it was reregistered on another province BUT it does take a few extra visits and weeks to complete.

The new owner & myself went. He had relevant address docs but they needed to contact issuing Transport office, take old numberplate then wait a month for new numberplate to be produced (<deleted>) !

Something worth considering rather than a Buriram road trip with owner ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, doable. Just doing the process in reverse. The bike in questioned had Chonburi plates and was registered to another person. The bike is already in Surin. We wanted the ownership of the bike transferred to my wife's name in Surin. Started the process a couple of weeks ago with a motorbike repair shop who also gave the bike a mid-life revamp. With 2 MOT's, 2 tax discs, tax and insurance included, the bike shop is charging 2,400 baht all inclusive to sort out and process the transfer. My wife had to get the signature of the previous owner on the change of ownership documentation. We are now well advanced and already have the new tax disc (with the new Surin number). We are waiting for the new number plates to be issued (approx 1 month). I doubt if the shop is making an excessive profit and would think the cost, if you do it yourself, would be just under 2,000 baht.

Edited by Nomad97