Managerial musical chairs

Bredbury Blue

Following my new interest in following the fate of the 92 managers this season, based on my recent read of the 'Living in the Volcano: The secrets of surviving as a Football Manager', thought I'd open a Manager thread for their comings and goings.

Here's the first move:

Resignation of manager Steven Pressley from Fleetwood Town just 11 days before the start of the new season on Saturday 6 August

Fleetwood Town have confirmed they have accepted the resignation of manager Steven Pressley after nine months in charge of the League One side.Pressley, 42, replaced former Scotland team-mate Graham Alexander inOctober 2015 with the club in the relegation zone and guided them to safety."The decision was made this morning following a meeting," said a statement on the club website."It was agreed it would be best to take the club in a different direction."Assistant manager Neil McFarlane has also left Fleetwood on an announcement that came just 11 days before the start of the new season on Saturday 6 August, when Fleetwood travel to promoted Northampton Town.Former centre-back Pressley, who was previously in charge of Coventry and Falkirk, had signed 10 players this summer ahead of the new campaign.

Wonder where Bruce is angling to turn up next, though I read somewhere he's keen on a timeout; he could do with time working on his health and physique as he looks well overweight and not too healthy. Can never understand how the manager of a business based around being fit and healthy can be a slob, especially if they were an explayer so should know the benefits of health and fitness; it was good to see Brendan Rodgers sort himself out a few seasons back.

Wonder where Bruce is angling to turn up next, though I read somewhere he's keen on a timeout; he could do with time working on his health and physique as he looks well overweight and not too healthy. Can never understand how the manager of a business based around being fit and healthy can be a slob,

Nice choice of words "slob" BB?

not very nice..............seen Joe Royle lately?

Wonder where Bruce is angling to turn up next, though I read somewhere he's keen on a timeout; he could do with time working on his health and physique as he looks well overweight and not too healthy. Can never understand how the manager of a business based around being fit and healthy can be a slob,

Yeah, I take your point on the choice of word, probably not the best choice, probably should have used pudgy, unfit,...

I haven't seen Joe Royle recently, but I did a quick Google and Joe is 67 while Bruce is only 55 so maybe if you are comparing Joewith Bruce it isn't like for like.

Yeah, I take your point on the choice of word, probably not the best choice, probably should have used pudgy, unfit,...

I haven't seen Joe Royle recently, but I did a quick Google and Joe is 67 while Bruce is only 55 so maybe if you are comparing Joewith Bruce it isn't like for like.

Its eating Hollands pies that does it.................thumbsup.gif

I sometimes garnish my pie with a tomato and lettuce leaf. Never eat the tomato or lettuce mind. biggrin.png

I sometimes garnish my pie with a tomato and lettuce leaf. Never eat the tomato or lettuce mind. biggrin.png

Is that before or after you have used them to hide your "meat and two veg" cheesy.gif

IN 9 July Oldham - Stephen Robinson

OUT 22 July Hull - Steve Bruce
OUT Sunderland - Sam Allardyce

IN 23 July Sunderland - David Moyes

OUT 26 July Fleetwood - Steven Pressley

OUT 29 July Wolves - Kenny Jackett

IN 30 July Wolves - Walter Zenga
IN Fleetwood - Uwe Rosler