New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

4 minutes ago, transam said:

It is a sad issue which I resurrect in a down moment from time to time.....Many here understand and commiserate and leave me alone to shed a tear.... :(

This is completely unacceptable,

we must start a petition,

not even credible,

like we are missing a piston

I vote to bring it back,

no more tears for Trans

A soul that we lack,

Next will be a van

failing that a fund

one to help this man

your current so rotund

BRING BACK TRANS

17 hours ago, balo said:

When you are finished with the upgrade some time in the distant future , will you provide us with a user manual ? 

For what?

It's already simpler than before and you used the previous version okay

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KNJ said:

This is completely unacceptable,

we must start a petition,

not even credible,

like we are missing a piston

I vote to bring it back,

no more tears for Trans

A soul that we lack,

Next will be a van

failing that a fund

one to help this man

your current so rotund

BRING BACK TRANS

Trans is always here, but his 20+ years love affair with his car is GONE......No cash can replace that..............It might help though....:lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NancyL said:

I'm sorry, but I was ThaiVisa.com's  "Poster of the Year" and you'd think that was worth more than simple click bait.  I'm also the president of the 1300+ member Chiang Mai Expats Club which is one of the few regions of the country which hasn't bolted to a regional forum or Facebook site.  Has anyone from ThaiVisa done so much as introduce him/herself to me.  Naw!  

This transition is the worst I've seen and I've been involved in website transitions all the way from being the marketing manager  of a major corporation to (more importantly) a small family business with six employees.  You've got to think thru the details in advance and frankly if this doesn't get fixed soon, I'll be thinking about how I spend my "free" time.  

You're losing out to other media, you idiots.

It is frustrating at times but hardly the end of the world. 

Adding that you are Thaivisa's poster of the year doesn't increase your credibility...possibly decreases it

Edited by JJGreen
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Trans is always here, but his 20+ years love affair with his car is GONE......No cash can replace that..............It might help though....:lol:

How about we get TV members to carry "one piece at a time" in their carry on when they go overseas (I wonder if Johnny Cash did it that way ) will need to get a good parts numbering system in place

OK, I'm sober now.    

But still very disappointed that, as someone rightly pointed out, once it became obvious that the new site wasn't going to come on-line quickly, it wasn't possible to go back to the old site and iron out the problems in perhaps a Beta version with a few people invited to participate. 

Instead, the ThaiVisa mgt is running a trial with their entire customer base and losing them in the process.  The CM Forum has very few active members now and really isn't much fun anymore and it's becoming less and less fun when it's difficult to use, impossible to conduct a search, etc, etc.

The fact I'm the 2015 POTY and president of the CM Expats Club DOES have some relevance, I think.  There have been calls for us to start our own CM-specific forum.  Just look at what happened to Chiang Rai when a group of expats there became disenchanted with TV and started their own forum.  The CR forum on TV is dead, dead, dead as a result.  I've fought overtures to start a CM forum and continue to be a big supporter of TV in the CEC e-newsletter and FB.

Speaking of FB, I'm spending more time there and thinking this may be the future.  I don't like it and think it's a time-waster, much preferring TV.  I've seen lives saved as a result of TV.  Honest-to-god.  Where people have posted about an old guy living alone in squalor and they want to help but they don't know where to turn.  Well, Sheryl and I and others see this and get the OP pointed in the right direction.  Some of the people who were subjects of these posts are living happy lives at Dok Kaew Assisted Living Center here in Chiang Mai today.  Who knows if they'd still be alive otherwise.  I don't know if it's possible to have this type of community assistance and input with FB.  I'm still a FB newbie.

Speaking of POTY -- has anyone seen Jingthing recently?  I haven't seen his posts.  Has he given up on TV?  I'm thinking of others I simply haven't seen post for several weeks.  People are walking.

This is like Chiang Mai Immigration where the customers have no choice.  Well, yes ultimately the customers of CM Immigration do have a choice and that's to leave Chiang Mai, but that's a difficult move.  Leaving TV isn't nearly as difficult a move.  

The feeling I have toward both ThaiVisa and CM Immigration is the same right now.  Neither is thinking about their customers and both make changes without thinking about how it impacts their users.  And both expect that their customers are just going to sit back and congratulate them on what a fine job their doing.  And I think they both have the same idiots doing their IT work and management planning, also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JJGreen said:

It is frustrating at times but hardly the end of the world. 

Adding that you are Thaivisa's poster of the year doesn't increase your credibility...possibly decreases it

Hell, even I made it into the final. I kind of trumped it after that though.

17 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Facebook is the future?

Yeah. Welcome to the brave new world of 2006, Nance.

Yes, exactly.  If FB is s-o-o-o  2006, what does that make ThaiVisa?  

I was paid to participate in internet forums back in the late 1980s just to get them off the ground.

3 hours ago, JJGreen said:

For what?

It's already simpler than before and you used the previous version okay

Can  you please change your avatar, it's disturbing. 

42 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Yes, exactly.  If FB is s-o-o-o  2006, what does that make ThaiVisa?  

I was paid to participate in internet forums back in the late 1980s just to get them off the ground.

You should also try my complaint thread. Don't let the harsh terrain of Thailand get u down...vent

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

OK, I'm sober now.  

But still very disappointed that, as someone rightly pointed out, once it became obvious that the new site wasn't going to come on-line quickly, it wasn't possible to go back to the old site and iron out the problems in perhaps a Beta version with a few people invited to participate.

Instead, the ThaiVisa mgt is running a trial with their entire customer base and losing them in the process.  The CM Forum has very few active members now and really isn't much fun anymore and it's becoming less and less fun when it's difficult to use, impossible to conduct a search, etc, etc.

The fact I'm the 2015 POTY and president of the CM Expats Club DOES have some relevance, I think.  There have been calls for us to start our own CM-specific forum.  Just look at what happened to Chiang Rai when a group of expats there became disenchanted with TV and started their own forum.  The CR forum on TV is dead, dead, dead as a result.  I've fought overtures to start a CM forum and continue to be a big supporter of TV in the CEC e-newsletter and FB.

Speaking of FB, I'm spending more time there and thinking this may be the future.  I don't like it and think it's a time-waster, much preferring TV.  I've seen lives saved as a result of TV.  Honest-to-god.  Where people have posted about an old guy living alone in squalor and they want to help but they don't know where to turn.  Well, Sheryl and I and others see this and get the OP pointed in the right direction.  Some of the people who were subjects of these posts are living happy lives at Dok Kaew Assisted Living Center here in Chiang Mai today.  Who knows if they'd still be alive otherwise.  I don't know if it's possible to have this type of community assistance and input with FB.  I'm still a FB newbie.

Speaking of POTY -- has anyone seen Jingthing recently?  I haven't seen his posts.  Has he given up on TV?  I'm thinking of others I simply haven't seen post for several weeks.  People are walking.

This is like Chiang Mai Immigration where the customers have no choice.  Well, yes ultimately the customers of CM Immigration do have a choice and that's to leave Chiang Mai, but that's a difficult move.  Leaving TV isn't nearly as difficult a move.

The feeling I have toward both ThaiVisa and CM Immigration is the same right now.  Neither is thinking about their customers and both make changes without thinking about how it impacts their users.  And both expect that their customers are just going to sit back and congratulate them on what a fine job their doing.  And I think they both have the same idiots doing their IT work and management planning, also.

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Bugger off.............Good gawd.................:rolleyes:

TVF is nothing to do with you and your perceived hi-so status.....Blimey........:coffee1:

E/S  will second that:D

her drunken posting  rampage of yesterday evening and early  hrs  to  morning on the C/mai forum, led one thread to be correctly locked, plus other  insane posts, some removed some not, , the Blonde Bomber drunken performance showed her true colours !!!!!!

and is so   full of herself,!!!!  just read her posts on this thread,  says it all

its a Bruce Springsteen good evening to all:)

• Like 1

I am getting used to the new site and will learn to love it in time.  My old avatar is MIA and I can't seem to get him back nor can I find a way to upload a new avatar.  I suppose that the upgrade is still ongoing but instructions regarding my avatar would be appreciated.

Me thinks I will like the upgraded TV once the indexing completes, the disconnects/slowness ends,  etc.   Now when we really reach that glorious point on time I don't know.  The slowness and disconnects has been very bad over the last several days.  I have a AIS Fibre 50Mb speed plan here in Bangkok...."all" other sites I visit speed along nicely; but the upgraded TV ranges from being really slow or just losing all connection to moving along OK...you just never know the mood it will be in from minute to minute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

Nancy's such an expert, she was using forums a few years before the first web browser was even developed. Impressive.

'Fantastical Claims of Thaivisa Members'

It could be its very own sub forum

Edited by JJGreen

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

Nancy's such an expert, she was using forums a few years before the first web browser was even developed. Impressive.

USENet newsgroups were active before www was created. Before Usenet, there were all kind of small bbs-discussion boards available. 

1 minute ago, oilinki said:

USENet newsgroups were active before www was created. Before Usenet, there were all kind of small bbs-discussion boards available. 

Indeed. But they weren't really internet forums in the same way as Thaivisa is. 

But lets give her the benefit of the doubt. After all - don't you know how important she is!

5 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Indeed. But they weren't really internet forums in the same way as Thaivisa is. 

But lets give her the benefit of the doubt. After all - don't you know how important she is!

Nancy is not more important than any other member on this forum, but I value her average post about 10 times the best post ever of Soibiker.