New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

The app was on at 6pm Bangkok time.

It took a while to stablize, but now is running at about 90%. Some parts of the database are still not accessible. Must be just a matter of time though.

I have tried to inform other posters that the app is back.

I would like to say thankyou Tech Doctor. Speed has improved after a slow start, the new version is much better imo. The one tiny negative issue is the white background is very bright. Apart from that. Two thumbs up.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, smokie36 said:

The app hangs for me with the message "you are not logged in or don't have permission for this action" when I try to load any of the forum options.

All android apps hang when the internet connection isn't strong. If you still have problems go back to using the website forum instead. Less connectivity is needed. Just saying. I use 4G and sometimes Wifi. Both connections vary in connectivity sometimes and the android app is always the first to stall. Simply put speed is everything these days. Invest. Imo.

7 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

All android apps hang when the internet connection isn't strong. If you still have problems go back to using the website forum instead. Less connectivity is needed. Just saying. I use 4G and sometimes Wifi. Both connections vary in connectivity sometimes and the android app is always the first to stall. Simply put speed is everything these days. Invest. Imo.

Well thanks for the advice but I am in a major UK city and using 4G also so your advice is particularly worthless.

Well thanks for the advice but I am in a major UK city and using 4G also so your advice is particularly worthless.

A major city in the UK. Are you on the run?

Just joking. The app's only been up for 5 hours. Give it time and it should be ok.

How's the weather in old blighty?

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

A major city in the UK. Are you on the run?

Just joking. The app's only been up for 5 hours. Give it time and it should be ok.

How's the weather in old blighty?

Changeable.

I'm just giving honest feedback btw....not having a go.....and no I am not on the run....I will be soon though hehe.

I tried to change my password , I did it from my windows laptop.  It works fine there.  

When I try to log in from my Android I get this message :  You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action.   

Please help me , this is very frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, balo said:

I tried to change my password , I did it from my windows laptop.  It works fine there.  

When I try to log in from my Android I get this message :  You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action.   

Please help me , this is very frustrating. 

Exactly the same for me. 

The topic descriptions looks very fuzzy.  The reason for this is that you've used the Google Web Font, Roboto, for them, but are only importing the "normal" typeface, not the "bold" one, so forcing the browser to distort the "normal" typeface to make it appear thicker - something browsers do badly.

Would you please change the following line of HTML

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

to

<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:400,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

which will fix the problem.

The old forum's style was absolutely fine, what you should really try to "upgrade", it's the way you deal with users here, you can't really "upgrade" your members, but surely you can find a better way to correct what it's quite wrong with the way you indirectly support abuses.

Because if a group of junkies decides to start pestering any particular thread, you don't suppose to close the whole thread, but act on those troublemakers, is this really so difficult to understand or there is more behind it that you are not telling us????

43 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

This new layout is horrible. And very slowly. What happened? Time out, takes 30 seconds to load the site?

Somehow this new format is worse than the old one to connect to.. 

On TRUE 13 Mbps, get loads of times

The www.thaivisa.com page isn’t working

www.thaivisa.com didn’t send any data.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK with the old site, normally could just use a VPN and then would work 1st time, but now ;new' format is NOT working as just get

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?

Zero Sized Reply

Our system did not receive any data for this request.

Is it the system ? something my end ?

Edit: posted this 3 x before but lost connection !!

On a desktop and working well for me. Once you play around with the settings you can see some of the improvements that have been made. Formatting when posting is now much better. :thumbsup:

One thing I'm very pleased to see, is the improved reading experience when opening Thai Visa inside a browser on a tablet. Previously it was always difficult to read but today when you open the site (Opera mini-Marshmallow) it looks more like you are using the app, with everything now properly displayed. A big improvement.

Major site upgrades are never smooth so thanks to everyone putting in all the hours. :wai:

Just now, kkerry said:

On a desktop and working well for me. Once you play around with the settings you can see some of the improvements that have been made. Formatting when posting is now much better. :thumbsup:

One thing I'm very pleased to see, is the improved reading experience when opening Thai Visa inside a browser on a tablet. Previously it was always difficult to read but today when you open the site (Opera mini-Marshmallow) it looks more like you are using the app, with everything now properly displayed. A big improvement.

Major site upgrades are never smooth so thanks to everyone putting in all the hours. :wai:

Thank you for the constructive feedback too.

TD

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

Would you please change the following line of HTML

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

to

<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:400,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

which will fix the problem.

Correction:  I've now noticed that you use Roboto bold italic for moved/redirected topics.  To avoid horrible rendering, the HTML should therefore read:

<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:400,700,700italic' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

However, I really wonder why you're bothering with a web font for these titles when normal text is not.  For normal text you specify '"Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif'.  Even if you have none of these fonts (and I don't, being a Linux user) it renders just fine.  (Specifically it renders as "Liberation Sans" on my PC - no problem.)  All you're doing is (i) increasing complexity, (ii) increasing page load times, (iii) making browsers render text badly.

8 minutes ago, kkerry said:

I had the same good experience on my iPhone opening ThaiVisa in Safari.  Almost makes the app unnecessary.

I managed to log in from my Samsung S5 and its working , but not from my Samsung tablet. I need to read from the tablet because the letters are too small on the phone and no zoom function.

Also my favorite forums are not loading on Samsung.

What I mean is the subscribed forums , so easy to access your local favourite forum with the old app. Nothing happens when I click on subscriptions.

2 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

@Berty100 - That is constructive.......

My mistake, I thought this thread was for feedback, not brown-nosing.

I get a notification pop up of your reply, click on it nothing happens, not even attempt to load.

I go to my notifications, and click there, again nothing happens.

I had to reload from unread content, and lucky it actually loaded, and then go to the thread again.

It's not constructive , I know, it's a reality

Just now, Tech Doctor said:

Weird as i get the notification and click loads in my default browser window straight away. Can anyone else confirm @berty100

issue happens to them too?

@Berty100 - Thank you for expanding your issue so we can look into it.

TD

This time clicking on the notification pop up worked, but throughout the past few days I have had numerous time outs with clicking on unread content or any post in that page.

My post I made about 20 minutes ago as a reply to Robblok in another thread ended as a frozen page " saving " and i had to reload the forum to see my reply was added.

Archived