New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

10 hours ago, MJCM said:

@JetsetBkk

I don't know IDM that well, but maybe you can give an exclusion in the Download Manager NOT to download GZ files ?

I agree, it's very strange behaviour

Edit: Found this (however related to Chrome and IDM) https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/IQZl5kTXdIw/2kVJG5z7rGwJ

Yes, you can exclude sites from IDM and I did exactly that: I excluded "assets.thaivisa.com/forum/*", but I believe it still has to run to know that it mustn't download the files default_facepalm.gif

Only by disabling the Firefox plugin can I stop it running at every page load.

But that means when I want to download stuff from other sites I have to re-enable it.  PITA. default_sad.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VBF said:

2 suggestions:

1 I'm using Chrome with AdBlock Plus.  I get some of these odd "features" but when I disable Adblock Plus for this page, they go away. Not sure why ADP would cause THAT issue...but it does! So oxo1947 have you tried disabling all plugins etc (I'm not too familiar with FF but I assume it has some like Chrome does)

2 Run CCleaner  http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner  to clear all caches etc - I know oxo1947 said he's dome that but in my experience, CC does a better job than the native clean in browsers. WARNING:  Configure CC before using it to avoid clearing all your needed cookies / auto-logins etc. All here http://www.piriform.com/docs

Hi VBF thanks for the advice & the links.....tried them all but to know avail........ I guess I will just have to accept  the settings that I have......(no more big red letters to emphasise my opinion) etc....but thank  again for taking the time to try to help out ..............:coffee1:

2 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Hi VBF thanks for the advice & the links.....tried them all but to know avail........ I guess I will just have to accept  the settings that I have......(no more big red letters to emphasise my opinion) etc....but thank  again for taking the time to try to help out ..............:coffee1:

You're welcome oxo1947......  

Have you logged out of TV, then cleared caches and and logged in again?

I just noticed that you actually said you're running in Mozzila (sic) - to be clear, do you mean the latest version of Firefox? If not, have you updated it?  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Out of interest have you tried another browser on the same PC?

If the problem goes away when you try Chrome or IE or Edge, then you know it's something in the FF browser settings. If you still get the problem, then possibly your firewall is acting up.

10 hours ago, MJCM said:

@JetsetBkk

I don't know IDM that well, but maybe you can give an exclusion in the Download Manager NOT to download GZ files ?

I agree, it's very strange behaviour

Edit: Found this (however related to Chrome and IDM) https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/IQZl5kTXdIw/2kVJG5z7rGwJ

9 hours ago, Oxx said:

This isn't a problem with this website - it's a problem with Internet Download Manager.

If you look at a network trace, you'll see that after the initial load, the website is returning an HTTP status of 304, meaning that the version the browser has in cache is still good and can be used.  Your browser then isn't trying to redownload the files.

I'm not familiar with Internet Download Manager, but I suspect it's simply looking at the .gz extension and is assuming that it's a file which can be downloaded, rather than recognising it as a script within a web page.

Thanks, guys, for your posts. They encouraged me to have another go and I think I have cracked it default_thumbsup.gif.

I didn't block .gz files but I found there are two places in IDM to block sites. So I added "http://assets.thaivisa.com/forum/" (and variants) to IDM and one or more must've worked because I now don't get it appearing in my System Tray.

When I get time I'll try to find out exactly which entry I made is fixing the problem. But at the moment I have a few other "Site Feedbacks" to make to our dear @Tech Doctor default_laugh.png .

9 hours ago, Carib said:

After opening the emoticons go to the right upper corner above them and click on categories and after that on Emoticon 73, that is where they are hidden. ;)

default_gigglem.gif  Excellent!

6 hours ago, MJCM said:

^ I tend to agree, however the problem with Nested(Nested(Nested(Nested))) quotes is now also gone

Actually, I prefer the Nested(Nested(Nested))) quotes as you maintain the history of the thread.

A really hard-to-implement fix for this would be to have a limit on the number of nested quotes (just as before) but instead of reporting that there are too many, simply remove the central quote automatically.

This is what I used to do when we had "BBCode Mode" editing - you could easily find the oldest quote and delete it so your new post would be accepted. (Of course, others would just delete the first "[ quote ]" text and screw up the whole post default_mad.gif)

I'm sure our dear @Tech Doctor could play with this functionality in his spare time. default_biggrin.png

Now we have "My Activity" great...

But, when you go to this page, it hasn't updated the threads like it used to.

So for example, it only shows my last posts on a particular topic, not any post since mine. You then need to go to the topic to see the last post etc !!

You use to be able to see the 1st unread post and the last post of the thread....

24 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Add the "My content" botton.

You can switch your preference by doing the following:

Go to the left upper corner, click on Activity

A drop down menu will appear

Go to My activity streams

Go to the right drop down menu and click on Content I posted in (New name for My content).

The page will refresh and you will see `Content I posted in` on top of the postings lh side

The moment you activate the grayed out circle beside it, you will see that your preference has changed

Or you can of course keep using the activity drop down menu to go where you want to to go.

11 minutes ago, Carib said:

You can switch your preference by doing the following:

Go to the left upper corner, click on Activity

A drop down menu will appear

Go to My activity streams

Go to the right drop down menu and click on Content I posted in (New name for My content).

The page will refresh and you will see `Content I posted in` on top of the postings lh side

The moment you activate the grayed out circle beside it, you will see that your preference has changed

This actually works, but how to get the icon "My content"?

Thanks for the tip by the way.

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

This actually works, but how to get the icon "My content"?

Ones you are on the "Content I Posted In" page, click on the grayed out circle next to that text  (on top of the page lh side). When you hover over it it will say " Set as your default stream".

Ones set, you will notice that in the rh upper corner next to " Mark site read" your preference will have changed to "Content I posted In".

The old phrase " My content" has been replaced by this one.

26 minutes ago, Carib said:

Ones you are on the "Content I Posted In" page, click on the grayed out circle next to that text  (on top of the page lh side). When you hover over it it will say " Set as your default stream".

Ones set, you will notice that in the rh upper corner next to " Mark site read" your preference will have changed to "Content I posted In".

The old phrase " My content" has been replaced by this one.

But you can rename that Stream to anything you want (even My Content)

carib.JPG

Ps: This rename feature is in the same Icon row as were you click "Save as Default" stream

Just now, MJCM said:

But you can rename that Stream to anything you want (even My Content)

carib.JPG

Ps: This rename feature is in the same Icon row as were you click "Save as Default" stream

Something to be learned every day..

Don't use my name in vain.... hehe :gigglem:

9 minutes ago, Carib said:

Something to be learned every day..

Don't use my name in vain.... hehe :gigglem:

5555, Already changed to "My Content or whatever it used to be but I can't remember" :D

I think the OP has a genuine question but so do I

every time I click on a post it does no direct me to the first page 

it just get's me to the second, third or last page so I have to work 

my way back to the first one to find out what the topic is all about :(

Spoiler

Just now I tried to reply but it brings me back to my question I ask many days ago 

I dont like how when using the app, pictures take up 1/3 of my screen now. Makes scrolling the thread topics too time consuming. I dont mind seeing the pics when I open a thread but when previewing what to read, I dont want to see them. And not to mention its slower than frozen butter now. Uggggggg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

OK, I understand that tech doctor wants all feedback for the new format to be posted in this thread.  

But, here is the only way that I can find a link to this thread.

Either type in "www.thaivisa.com" in the URL address field or just open any thread and;  Then click on the "forums" link at the top of the page.  (which is the only way I can find the "forums" link).

Click the three horizontal bars in the right of the big blue bar at the top.

Click the bell symbol.

Click this notification :
" kkerry quoted you in a topic: I hope it improves a lot, because this sucks.
7 hours ago
"

Scoll down to the post by, "JetsetBKK"  in which he posted :

Tech Doctor
By Tech Doctor in Forum support desk, Sunday at 11:33 PM
Please keep all site feedback and issues in this forum so we can address them. Please...
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  
  •  380 replies

, then click on, "New Site Feedback" which then takes me to this thread.  

That is the only way I have been able to navigate to this thread!!!!!

As I have no search box displayed, in which I can type, "New Site Feedback", my only other alternative is to bookmark this link in my google browser!!!

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

OK, I understand that tech doctor wants all feedback for the new format to be posted in this thread.  

But, here is the only way that I can find

Can you make a bookmark to the thread? I know it's not a perfect solution but...

First of 2 problems I'd like to report.

If 3 people quote a post of mine, I get one notification listing all three people, but the link goes to only one of the 3 quotes and I must search around for the others (just in case they've been really really rude and I have to reply).

I think each post that quotes one of mine should generate one notification.

Second problem:

Whenever I quote someone's post, I get the reply box filled with their post PLUS whatever I wrote as a reply earlier, which then, of course, I have to delete. This does not happen all the time.

Test:

I just randomly picked an earlier post to reply to (from oxo1947), and this is what I got.

- the reply box was filled in with an old post of mine to @Tech Doctor :

edited Screenshot 16-08-07 00-34-48.jpg

7 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Actually, I prefer the Nested(Nested(Nested))) quotes as you maintain the history of the thread.

A really hard-to-implement fix for this would be to have a limit on the number of nested quotes (just as before) but instead of reporting that there are too many, simply remove the central quote automatically.

This is what I used to do when we had "BBCode Mode" editing - you could easily find the oldest quote and delete it so your new post would be accepted. (Of course, others would just delete the first "[ quote ]" text and screw up the whole post default_mad.gif)

I'm sure our dear @Tech Doctor could play with this functionality in his spare time. default_biggrin.png

IMHO, if the people can't refer and contain their ideas writing replies, without nesting huge amount of replies, they shouldn't do so.

Removing the ability of nested replies improves the quality of the discussion on Thaivisa. 

I am visually impaired and would find it easier to use the site if there was more colour contrasts... everything seems to be very similar shades of white and its hard to see separate things... like headings to click on as they are just text on white background on white screen... sorry hard to explain.  If there was a background colour behind them its easier to see they are separate things to click on.

7 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

5 minutes ago, oilinki said:

IMHO, if the people can't refer and contain their ideas writing replies, without nesting huge amount of replies, they shouldn't do so.

Removing the ability of nested replies improves the quality of the discussion on Thaivisa. 

Absolutely the opposite in my opinion. But we will see in the future.

1 minute ago, JetsetBkk said:

You had to to extra work, to copy both quotations to your reply. 

That should be a possibility, but not as the default option for lazy morons to click and go. 

36 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

31 minutes ago, oilinki said:

You had to to extra work, to copy both quotations to your reply. 

That should be a possibility, but not as the default option for lazy morons to click and go. 

Yes. I had to tap on two multiquote buttons rather than one quote button.

Buy at least people reading your post know what you were referring to.

;)

Hello,

Sorry but where are the RSS feeds ?

I only read through RSS and find annoying that one more time the RSS have been broken.

Sorry but do you really know what you are doing ? Giant forums are upgraded all around the world without any problem but Thaivisa ALWAYS has problems !

Good luck any, but never remember that problems that you face FOR MONEY, we face them for no reason and without earning anything ! we just waste out time !

Thank you again.

Archived