New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an update.  Someone posted about a yellow bar at the top of the page.  I have only been seeing a blue bar with no embedded links. 

However, I have my web browsers zoomed over 100% due to visions problems. 

Typically (because I have little choice of zoom level, due to browser programmers that seem to know better than I, what zoom level I need!  [Yes I am complaining and no, this is not a Thai Visa issue]) the zoom setting is partially dependent on the website.  My zoom levels run between 125 - 175%,  at 125, 150, 175% increments, but mostly 150% and above.     

I am typing this in Firefox, so am not sure of the zoom level increments, but zooming in and out on Firefox seems to duplicate this issue.

In Chrome,  at 100% zoom level, I see a blue bar with embedded links.  If  I hover my cursor over the embedded link in the blue bar, the link is highlighted with a yellow background rectangle and an apparent related yellow bar appears under the blue bar, with what appears to be corresponding links. 

At 125% zoom level and below, I also see above the blue bar, the Thai Visa Forum icon at upper left of the page and a time hack.  In the upper right I see the word create, a bell, envelope icons, my avatar and user name.  Underneath those I see social media links, a green subscribe bar and the search function box. 

When I zoom above 125% the links embedded in the blue bar disappears as do the icons and links that I see at 125% and below zoom level.

1 full week of Hell with this new format.........

Tried to connect for 4 hours Sunday morning [that is today if it will post today]……. Every time the same….. total waste of time

The www.thaivisa.com page isn’t working

www.thaivisa.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

18 hours ago, Carib said:

Ones you are on the "Content I Posted In" page, click on the grayed out circle next to that text  (on top of the page lh side). When you hover over it it will say " Set as your default stream".

Ones set, you will notice that in the rh upper corner next to " Mark site read" your preference will have changed to "Content I posted In".

The old phrase " My content" has been replaced by this one.

I see. That means you can't have both "My content" and "New Content", right?

This is such a destructive upgrade.

16 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I see. That means you can't have both "My content" and "New Content", right?

This is such a destructive upgrade.

I have both. I left New Content alone and created a My Content link under the activity bar as a custom stream.

@ExpatOilWorkerClick the furthest right tab labled more. From there you should see an activity tab way over on the left . Click the down arrow and click the My activity streams link. From there you will see  a blue bar at the bottom which says Create new stream.  Name it what you like (My Content for example)

Check 'Content I posted in', and save the new stream.

It will them appear under that Activity tab, and My Activity streams, whenever you click it.

Yes it is a couple of extra clicks, but you get the My content back.

45 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

@ExpatOilWorkerClick the furthest right tab labled more. From there you should see an activity tab way over on the left . Click the down arrow and click the My activity streams link. From there you will see  a blue bar at the bottom which says Create new stream.  Name it what you like (My Content for example)

It will them appear under that Activity tab, and My Activity streams, whenever you click it.

@canuckamuck 

I've taken the liberty of screen capturing what you said above.

So Capture 1 is where you create a new stream (highlighted) 

Capture 2 you can see 3 icons in the new stream (highlighted) 

Edit stream title
Remove this stream
Set as your default stream

The last icon  will allow you to replace the default "View new content" at the top of the page  - see Capture 3 

Capture 1

Capture1.JPG

Capture 2

Capture2.JPG

Capture 3

Capture3.JPG

20 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

The 'Activity' drop-down menu under 'More' on the top bar is a little annoying to use - it's too easy to accidentally navigate away from it by rolling over one of the other links on the bar. 

+1.

That's why I have saved my Personalized streams as Bookmarks, good workaround for the time being

Getting a few connection problems this afternoon.

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

Invalid Response error was encountered while trying to process the request:

GET /forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/ HTTP/1.1
Accept: text/html, application/xhtml+xml, */*
Accept-Language: en-GB
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Host: www.thaivisa.com
DNT: 1
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cookie: ips4_member_id=250854; ips4_pass_hash=689b6f2eaf408354bb0bac0927bef86a; ips4_hasJS=true; _ga=GA1.2.11656895.1470535750; __gads=ID=28d3ed34c1435d04:T=1470535805:S=ALNI_MbgIRJDJz-IOtgTKqXuS0qp2kkedQ

The HTTP Response message received from the contacted server could not be understood or was otherwise malformed. Please contact the site operator.

Your cache administrator may be able to provide you with more details about the exact nature of the problem if needed.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Generated Sun, 07 Aug 2016 08:37:39 GMT by proxy-hotspot (squid/3.0.STABLE19)

I reckon it has been made quite clear by TVF that stuff is not yet 100%.....They need a few days to finalise the completed forum site..........Lets not yet get our knickers in a twist until a statement is made that........"This is it"...:P

7 hours ago, radiochaser said:

When I zoom above 125% the links embedded in the blue bar disappears as do the icons and links that I see at 125% and below zoom level.

Do you see something like this, and can you click the icon at top-right (three horizontal lines)?

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, taotoo said:

Do you see something like this, and can you click the icon at top-right (three horizontal lines)?

Capture.JPG

I see this when I zoom completely in with Ctrl and MouseWheel UP, that makes your UserName and Search Bar disappear.  When you zoom out with Mousewheel Down, it becomes visible again

9 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I see this when I zoom completely in with Ctrl and MouseWheel UP, that makes your UserName and Search Bar disappear.  When you zoom out with Mousewheel Down, it becomes visible again

Yes its normal depending on zoom level and viewport width.

13 hours ago, transam said:

I reckon it has been made quite clear by TVF that stuff is not yet 100%.....They need a few days to finalise the completed forum site..........Lets not yet get our knickers in a twist until a statement is made that........"This is it"...:P

We are all surfing a wave of ambiguity so we look for signs to inform us of what to expect in the future. The signs are not good but I'm an optimist...

19 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Now I did that and get the results you say.  Thanks.

But how do I "delete" that customized stream I just created in case I just want to delete it, change the name I gave to it, etc?   I can't seem to figure out/find how to do that.  

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

Now I did that and get the results you say.  Thanks.

But how do I "delete" that customized stream I just created in case I just want to delete it, change the name I gave to it, etc?   I can't seem to figure out/find how to do that.  

See here:

Just now, Evilbaz said:

Is there a Report button?

Yes, at the top of each post it mentions how long ago it was posted. Next to it a bit grayed out is says; Report post.

Hover over it and it becomes more visible.

8 minutes ago, MJCM said:

See here:

Thanks...I just deleted what I just created....I feel like a God.   

I was getting a little concerned in my test creation if I wanted to change or delete it I would not be able to do it, because rarely is your first creation exactly like you want it....and in my case nor is the 2nd or 3d...I usually get it right around the 4th try.  :D

Archived