New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

17 minutes ago, huahinjoe said:

I like the hover preview in the forum lists makes it easier to look into a topic and the ajax loading great feature too, however looks like the classifieds not working for some reason since this morning...

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/

Website Name:
classifieds.thaivisa.comURL Checked:
no responseResponse Time:
unknownLast Down:
DOWN
Classifieds.thaivisa.com is DOWN
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

Resolved thanks,

also @Scott - forum rules have been changed allow 30 mins for cache update.

TD

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "go to last read" function isn't working and there is an ad that covers my user name.

I can live with the ad, but how the *&^^ can I remember where the last posting I made on a thread is when I make dozens of posts on many threads. That makes it impossible to check what was posted after I last posted. Take this thread with 9 pages. I can't remember if there were 2 or 3 pages when I last contributed on it.

7 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

1- Core invision scripts for auto loading replies into threads.

2- Main global config js file for Invision software

All assets will be stored on the above url going forward as its a fully replicated CDN. @JetsetBkk

Thanks for the info TD, but way above my tech grade.  default_facepalm.gif

Here's another that tried to get downloaded:

http://assets.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/javascript_core/plugins_plugins.js.0db7fc483dca8e3ad29aadb179c2e9c8.js.gz

Note: none of these .gz files has actually got downloaded.

Should they have?

34 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Yes they should, the files are .gz for faster downloading in browser.

this one is the ckeditor extra buttons we have added.

TD

OK, I downloaded them manually. I don't know why my "Internet Download Manager" intercepted the downloads and did not complete the downloads.

So I can un-gzip the .js files inside, but where should I put them? In my Firefox profile folder?

5 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

OK, I downloaded them manually. I don't know why my "Internet Download Manager" intercepted the downloads and did not complete the downloads.

So I can un-gzip the .js files inside, but where should I put them? In my Firefox profile folder?

Which Browser do you use ?

I use FF and in my preferences I have with gz (Gzip) always Ask and my Download Manager doesn't "bother" me, when I browse TV to download gz.

IMO, the gz are session based and can't be downloaded and put in a profile folder to be used all the time. HOWEVER I could be wrong and TD will tell us that ;)

24 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

I like the design and layout, it'll be great when all the functionality is switched on but in the meantime it's very good, well done.

Yes - I'd like to say publicly that whilst it's not yet perfect (what is?) I recognize how much work is involved and thank TD and the team..:wai2:

I've exchanged some messages with TD and basically, I'm waiting for the "Daily New Posts" email to be resurrected  as THAT is what I'm missing most!  (Subtle hints were never my specialty!)

IMO, the editing /  posting function is more user-friendly - just requires a bit of getting used to.

I do like the way of showing all the emoticons at once - (choose "Overview or "Emoticons") - this is far better than it was before when a new tab/window opened.

If you think some emoticons are missing, use the "Find Emoticons" function in the Emoticon pop-up 

@Tech Doctor  

I've just added to the PM with a bug where "Manage Followed Content"  seems to be showing the date that one's preferences changed NOT the date of the last post in the thread.

For the benefit of others - see attached screen capture with what I think is incorrect highlighted.

Capture.JPG

38 minutes ago, Oceanbat said:

The app doesn't seem to work at all. Is that still in progress?

OB

For them to work  will take at least a couple more days.

Please read this

or this in Announcements

13 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Angry birds has led me to your door. Pls, pls can someone show me how to embed a video onto a post. Before I used [media] youtube url[/media]. This doesn't work in the new format. Help!

Try the media button, default_facepalm.gif,  9th left at the top.

16 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi @ExpatOilWorker,

We have just received a patch from In vision to hopefully speed the indexing up. The content will show after indexing is completed. Just remember there are over 8million posts to index and then index that to the members, it takes a little longer than a next, next, next install.

TD

I did the same on a forum in pattaya a few months ago and i had the same problem i guess you set up Cron jobs and and admin is showing endless tasks that don't move...

if you have had the patch just let it run without doing anything in admin i.e. forum and the structure you will just create more tasks to add to the list..

There's a nice took for unread post which works very well and tool box for admin and create your own icons :-

Screenshot at Aug 03 18-51-53.png

6 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Hmm, me too on my mobile default_sad.png

So what did you do?

- Click the link logo inbetween smiley face and paper with magnifying glass.

- Paste youtube url.

- Insert into post.

- Submit Post.

- Edit Post.

- Cut and paste back the youtube url link.

- Voila!

:D

@Tech Doctor

Streams question.

I know you can have 1 (one) Default (Custom) Stream, which then shows (almost Top Right) next to "Mark Site as Read". Would it be possible to add more then 1 there ?

For example:  "My Unread Content" and "Content I have posted in" ?

I now have created Bookmarks of the streams I made but Id rather have them placed (somewhere) on the TV screen instead in a Drop Down Menu under More.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

@Tech Doctor

Streams question.

I know you can have 1 (one) Default (Custom) Stream, which then shows (almost Top Right) next to "Mark Site as Read". Would it be possible to add more then 1 there ?

For example:  "My Unread Content" and "Content I have posted in" ?

I now have created Bookmarks of the streams I made but Id rather have them placed (somewhere) on the TV screen instead in a Drop Down Menu under More.

Thanks

I support this, the drop down menu is a pain in the butt, just a few choices without having to dig up the drop-down menu would suit most IMHO. I now work with bookmarks too just to avoid the drop-down thingy. 

Archived