New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Weird as i get the notification and click loads in my default browser window straight away. Can anyone else confirm @berty100

issue happens to them too?

@Berty100 - Thank you for expanding your issue so we can look into it.

TD

The same freezing as with my reply to Robblok happened with my previous reply to you, and it took me exactly 3 minutes to get any page of the forum loaded again.

30 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

So font size----font colour--(oh --colour--you have made it into an English dictionary now) has size/colour-now been removed..... or is it just that I am a computer blond......

[color=red][size=5]still works[/size][/color]

still works

1 minute ago, oxo1947 said:

So Font size and colour (oh --colour---you have changed dictionary to English)  can they still be altered.....I can not see where---or am I just a comp blond...........:coffee1:

For colour go to the symbol left of the Font button. A drop-down will appear with colours to chose from.

I think the OP has a genuine question but so do I

every time I click on a post it does no direct me to the first page 

it just get's me to the second, third or last page so I have to work 

my way back to the first one to find out what the topic is all about :(

Spoiler

Over the last 2 days I have noticed that the site keeps dropping out for me and quite a few times I can not get on the site at all. I am using Safari on a Mac and I keep getting the Safari can not connect, server may not work or is dropping connection.

I didn't have this problem before

Even when I am on the site I just keeps going unresponsive 

I don't have problems with other forums I use and the internet is working fine.

Its just TV since the upgrade

The nested quotations are gone for good! Hurraah!

The upgrade was worth the huge effort for that single feature. 

Please make it so, that the quoted text can only be max 50% of the text which is written by the next user. 
Thus if quoted text is 200 letters, the reply must have at least 400 letters of new content. 

38 minutes ago, Caps said:

Over the last 2 days I have noticed that the site keeps dropping out for me and quite a few times I can not get on the site at all. I am using Safari on a Mac and I keep getting the Safari can not connect, server may not work or is dropping connection.

I didn't have this problem before

Even when I am on the site I just keeps going unresponsive 

I don't have problems with other forums I use and the internet is working fine.

Its just TV since the upgrade

Hi yes it will at the moment lock out and have intermittent issues. It's expected for around 5 more days.

TD

A few issues for me with the text editor.

The drag-and-drop feature is great! But, it appears that we have lost:
1. Indenting;
2. Dot points; and,
3. Numbering.

It also looks like the auto-save feature in the editor is no longer available. This was very handy for me in the previous version.

There also appears to be a lot of extra characters in people's posts when I use the ThaiVisa Connect Android app on my mobile phone. These aren't visible when I use the Windows version on the laptop.

Finally, the Signature seems to have disappeared from the Profile page.

3 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

I am sorry to appear stupid-----I am looking at the normal reply box----there is no font button.

it just reads B-I-U

Are you working on an iPad ? If not this is what you see

Capture.thumb.PNG.f79c7e5a82366d2eafd7cf

Capture.PNG

Thanks for your help Carib-----no I am on a comp but don't see anything like this layout .

My layout consists of 9 items the first 3 you have---then it goes to the link chain--then the quote--Emoticon---then bullet & number list  last the preview.

I wonder what I can do to obtain the others.

Thanks again for the help

1 minute ago, oxo1947 said:

Thanks for your help Carib-----no I am on a comp but don't see anything like this layout .

My layout consists of 9 items the first 3 you have---then it goes to the link chain--then the quote--Emoticon---then bullet & number list  last the preview.

Hmmm, this goes beyond me I am afraid. Maybe "the Tech Doctor" will have some advice. 

Empty out the cage and start (login ) again is all I can think of now, but not sure that will do any good to solve this problem. 

9 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Weird as i get the notification and click loads in my default browser window straight away. Can anyone else confirm @berty100

issue happens to them too?

@Berty100 - Thank you for expanding your issue so we can look into it.

TD

I can confirm the same....happening all the time on the Android App using my Samsung S7 and through 4G. (Before anyone tells me its my poor phone or connection issue)

@Tech Doctor The problem that I have with the three .gz files getting downloaded (or trying to get downloaded) every time I load a page is now getting serious.

I blocked the Internet Download Manager (IDM) task using Process Explorer (SysInternals) in an attempt to stop it wasting time trying to download the files and my mouse went berserk, moving all over the screen, totally uncontrollable. Had to shut down the PC and reboot.

I then removed the IDM add-on from Firefox and magically - but understandably - all pages now load quicker.

So those 3 files that try to get downloaded are causing Internet Download Manager to run, fail to download the files, give up and then load the page. This is taking a lot of time and is the reason the load times were so long for me.

Those files are (I'm sure you haven't forgotten):

front_front_streams.js.8a29cb65316bb685148f9df6c2f69471.js.gz

global_global_core.js.7d16634dc061f04fbd3693f17d4a5ea1.js.gz

plugins_plugins.js.0db7fc483dca8e3ad29aadb179c2e9c8.js.gz

So why do they keep trying to download?

No other web site I visit on the planet does this.

3 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

@Tech Doctor The problem that I have with the three .gz files getting downloaded (or trying to get downloaded) every time I load a page is now getting serious.

I blocked the Internet Download Manager (IDM) task using Process Explorer (SysInternals) in an attempt to stop it wasting time trying to download the files and my mouse went berserk, moving all over the screen, totally uncontrollable. Had to shut down the PC and reboot.

I then removed the IDM add-on from Firefox and magically - but understandably - all pages now load quicker.

So those 3 files that try to get downloaded are causing Internet Download Manager to run, fail to download the files, give up and then load the page. This is taking a lot of time and is the reason the load times were so long for me.

Those files are (I'm sure you haven't forgotten):

front_front_streams.js.8a29cb65316bb685148f9df6c2f69471.js.gz

global_global_core.js.7d16634dc061f04fbd3693f17d4a5ea1.js.gz

plugins_plugins.js.0db7fc483dca8e3ad29aadb179c2e9c8.js.gz

So why do they keep trying to download?

No other web site I visit on the planet does this.

@JetsetBkk

I don't know IDM that well, but maybe you can give an exclusion in the Download Manager NOT to download GZ files ?

I agree, it's very strange behaviour

Edit: Found this (however related to Chrome and IDM) https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/IQZl5kTXdIw/2kVJG5z7rGwJ

8 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Do you perhaps by any chance run an Ad blocker ? Turn that off and see if it works.

Which browser do you use ?

The feature of being able to see a preview of the OP (as shown in the picture below and supplied by Charlie H) does not work for me. I've tried it using Chrome and IE but no success. I haven't noticed any other comments about this happening to other people, so am I alone on this? If I hover on an avatar, the info about the user comes up in the same type of box but hovering on titles never works. 

issue-1.jpg

Archived