New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

13 minutes ago, waldroj said:

As Inn Between notes, the Preview feature is missing from the new version of the editor.

Quite an important tool in my opinion!

Too MJCM as well:  This has nothing to do with editing. I'm talking about just looking at a list of threads (View New Content) and being able to see a preview of the OP. In the previous version of the site, there was a circle you could press and a preview would drop down. That's gone and hovering on the title is supposed to replace that feature (as shown in the picture of post #330) but I can't get it to work. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Any chance that there will be an update/increase/revision to the emoticons when this is all said and done ? :w00t:

After opening the emoticons go to the right upper corner above them and click on categories and after that on Emoticon 73, that is where they are hidden. ;)

4 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Those files are (I'm sure you haven't forgotten):

front_front_streams.js.8a29cb65316bb685148f9df6c2f69471.js.gz

global_global_core.js.7d16634dc061f04fbd3693f17d4a5ea1.js.gz

plugins_plugins.js.0db7fc483dca8e3ad29aadb179c2e9c8.js.gz

So why do they keep trying to download?

No other web site I visit on the planet does this.

This isn't a problem with this website - it's a problem with Internet Download Manager.

If you look at a network trace, you'll see that after the initial load, the website is returning an HTTP status of 304, meaning that the version the browser has in cache is still good and can be used.  Your browser then isn't trying to redownload the files.

I'm not familiar with Internet Download Manager, but I suspect it's simply looking at the .gz extension and is assuming that it's a file which can be downloaded, rather than recognising it as a script within a web page.

31 minutes ago, Carib said:

After opening the emoticons go to the right upper corner above them and click on categories and after that on Emoticon 73, that is where they are hidden. ;)

Yes I knew that (hence the emoticon at the end of the question I'd posted). :wai:

The "73" is the number of emoticons in that "category". The same 73 emoticons we've had for the past 11 years (or so). That is why I was asking if there were going to be any changes or are we only going to have those same ones forever. When I saw the "Categories" I was hoping there was (is) going to be a slew of new ones coming with this upgrade.

On 8/2/2016 at 0:17 PM, Pib said:

When I'm in my Find Content area, then click Topics, then use the various Sort By options the sort does not show all my recent threads.   Like i may have posted to a topics a few minutes ago and that topic should be right at the top of my list, but its no where to be seen on the first page, on second, etc.....  And a bunch of other threads I very recently posted to should be somewhere on the first page but they are not.

Now "some" topics I very recently posted in are indeed sorted at the top, but others are just not to be found at least on the first couple of pages....probably on page XXX lumped in with threads from many weeks, months or years ago.    The sort functions are not working properly.

Is this due to the continuing indexing in process?  If so, how many more hours or days do you estimate before the indexing is complete and the sort functions will work properly?   Thanks.

On 8/2/2016 at 0:20 PM, Tech Doctor said:

Hi Pib,

Yes its indexing issues, as we have a large forum and we cannot push the indexing during the day then it will be around 5-7 days before full functionality is restored, we are trying our best to get everything back online and stable.

TD

Is the indexing still on track to complete anytime soon?

As of this date/time, no change in the Sort By functions of my content....it's like no sorting is occurring.  Some recent posts/threads show at the top of my list; many other recent posts/threads do not.  It's like the sorting function is just not working.

This ‘new’ format is VERY bad, far worse then the previous version….  Every day since this ‘new’ format has been up and running it is constantly saying…

Service unavailable

OR

The www.thaivisa.com page isn’t working

www.thaivisa.com didn’t send any data.

Yes was the same loads of times on the ‘old’ format but switch on VPN to Singapore it would open 1st time, now all I get + many times a day =

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/936271-instant-water-heater-brands/

Zero Sized Reply

Our system did not receive any data for this request.

[Just trying to reply to this topic just now, but happens all the time]

Use only option in this area TRUE 13 Mbps. OS on PC is Win 10 and 64 bit on laptop is still the old XP, same on both machines..

Now the big question will this post today ?? so far when I do get a service and post get ‘Service unavailable’ ………. have tried posting many times a day since Thursday morning..

37 minutes ago, johng said:

There is a "like" function for posts we like. Can there also be a dislike or thumbs down function for posts that are disagreeable ?

This has been discussed many many times in the past and never implemented, thus I think it again ain't going to happen

basically, THAIVISA has now destroyed itself. I have been a member since 2002 (had another handle back then) and now this is the end. what a giant annoying crap this update is. no more TV for me, unless I have to ask an emergency question about something I can not get help from other sources (SHERYL help, for example)

13 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

basically, THAIVISA has now destroyed itself. I have been a member since 2002 (had another handle back then) and now this is the end. what a giant annoying crap this update is. no more TV for me, unless I have to ask an emergency question about something I can not get help from other sources (SHERYL help, for example)

What are you issues ? Maybe we can help ?

54 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

Its not a choice to upgrade and once Thai Visa finds its feet with the new firmware it is very versatile but like many things new in the world of software it needs setting up and that take time to do..

I old software is not supported any more and will grind to a halt then everone will expect the problems to be fixed when they can't until the upgrade is done...

Just wondered....... is there a special OS ? Web browser? Internet Provider? maybe even a VPN ? that work ?  just wondered as the person that changed this website, must having it running ?  I will try to post this, but how many time will I get 'Service unavailable'

just got to remember to save everything I want to post to Word so I can keep trying...  or just give up ?

@ignis

I am at the moment running Windows 8.1 with FF 48 and internet connection is 3G (Dtac) (NO VPN)(because my ADSL is DOWN since Last afternoon 5:30pm)  and I have the problems you are describing, but I just wait while it loads and then I type my posts.

2 minutes ago, augustwest said:

Where did you put the search function.

Under your username in the Top Right corner. Please click in the middle of the search bar. When you click on the magnifying glass you get the Advanced Search page

13 minutes ago, johng said:

My problem of not being able to reply using Firefox for windows,Linux and Android persists. This was posted with the Android app using TOT ADSL

This is posted with Firefox under Windows VIA 3G !

How can I avoid clicking 3 times to read unread content I posted in ?   

Now I have to click on streams and then find unread content for me.  Can you please add a button to click on new content with your posts in .   

17 hours ago, villagefarang said:

This is what I see on my screen.

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 9.59.50 PM.jpg

Tech Doc---I do not get this in my reply box......but I get a cut down version of 9 options

B.I.U--Link-Quote-Emoticon-bulet list--number list--preview.

Tried everything I am running it in Mozzila--- rebooted cleared catch ...etc..etc........run out of ideas....any help

14 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Tech Doc---I do not get this in my reply box......but I get a cut down version of 9 options

B.I.U--Link-Quote-Emoticon-bulet list--number list--preview.

Tried everything I am running it in Mozzila--- rebooted cleared catch ...etc..etc........run out of ideas....any help

2 suggestions:

1 I'm using Chrome with AdBlock Plus.  I get some of these odd "features" but when I disable Adblock Plus for this page, they go away. Not sure why ADP would cause THAT issue...but it does! So oxo1947 have you tried disabling all plugins etc (I'm not too familiar with FF but I assume it has some like Chrome does)

2 Run CCleaner  http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner  to clear all caches etc - I know oxo1947 said he's dome that but in my experience, CC does a better job than the native clean in browsers. WARNING:  Configure CC before using it to avoid clearing all your needed cookies / auto-logins etc. All here http://www.piriform.com/docs

Archived