New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

Hey! It's possible to comment once again. For the moment I thought I was living in a society with suppressed rights to talk my mind ...Wait!

It would actually be interesting to know, what did actually happen? 

5 hours ago, Linesy said:

Android App "Participated" is still showing unread or new content, don't know which but it is definitely not content I have posted in. Been a while now, any fix coming or has it been forgotten about? Thanks.

I think we can just forget the android app now, the upgrade is causing a lot of problems on this website,  let's see if they can fix it first , but my hopes are not high....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Linesy said:

Android App "Participated" is still showing unread or new content, don't know which but it is definitely not content I have posted in. Been a while now, any fix coming or has it been forgotten about? Thanks.

Android App hasn't been working properly for months.  I've given up and just accepted that I can only use the Forum on my PC.  Such a shame.

27 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

I've just got off a plane what's been going on?

@Tech Doctor

I hadn't been able to get to any thaivisa/forum page from about midday (when I first tried to log in) until when I made that post above.

I could get to news/thaivisa.com and watch a news video (never seen that before) and tech/thaivisa.com but not to any thaivisa.com/forum/... page.

At the bottom of my page in Firefox, it was nearly always saying "waiting for assets.thaivisa.com" - sometimes for half an hour.

I was quite surprised to see that some people had made posts during the day.

Maybe this was just a 3BB / Phuket problem.

Edit:

Everything appears to be working OK now.

Please don't go away again.  rolleyes.gif

Edited by JetsetBkk

Page not loading.  After many attempts and reloading, finally able to access the site (other sites working fine).  Latest IE and Chrome not working on PC, Android phone also not able to access the site using LTE.  Before the issues today and on Friday I could access the site, but the box to enter a post was all grey and it would not allow entry of text.  Same for Start New Topic.   Site has been borderline unusable at the office (fast connection) and at my apartment (slowish True internet) for 2 days now.

Now that all the ads are back up - the new site is just as slow as the old site.

6 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi

I'm in the UK now for a week, so I'll be online as normAl though. server load and db has been the same as last week so I'm not sure why you get service unavailable.

Picking up my email from Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo earlier today was also a problem - I don't use a browser to access it, I use Outlook Express to download to my PC. I got lots of "socket error" and "finding host" messages - a clear indication that there's a problem with the Internet somewhere. 

Picking up email is OK now as is access to the forum, so I shouldn't worry too much about it - see how it is tomorrow.

Do we have a "fingers crossed" smiley?

6 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi

I'm in the UK now for a week, so I'll be online as normAl though. server load and db has been the same as last week so I'm not sure why you get service unavailable.

I've been getting "service unavailable" messages on an entirely blank/white page periodically over the past couple days when I try to load my content posted page. Usually, after several attempted reloads, the correct page and info finally comes up.

I'd never seen that kind of message before the past few days in all my years around ThaiVisa.

No issues going on with my internet connection or any trouble loading any other web pages.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've been getting "service unavailable" messages on an entirely blank/white page periodically over the past couple days when I try to load my content posted page. Usually, after several attempted reloads, the correct page and info finally comes up.

I'd never seen that kind of message before the past few days in all my years around ThaiVisa.

No issues going on with my internet connection or any trouble loading any other web pages.

Hi

Is this still occurring today?

TD

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

20 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi

TD

Me too. I assumed it was my ISP since the white "service unavailable" page is displayed immediately, i.e. instantly, after clicking something and there was no "Waiting for Thaivisa..." or anything like it.

Haven't had them today or yesterday.

Edited by JetsetBkk

I'm using Chrome on an Android tablet running Marshmallow today and it seems to be faster and more responsive than recently. @Tech Doctor I think progress is being made ? Just inserted an emoji from Android there as opposed to the standard TV emoticons here:rolleyes: 

Would this be a good time to remind you of the missing "Daily New posts" email? The one I nagged you about several pages back :whistling:

One problem: the Emoticons drop down, "Emoticon" category is empty despite it saying that there are 68 emoticons available. However they do all appear in the "Default" category.

Edited by VBF

5 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi

TD

I haven't been online on TV today/Sunday, until now in the evening, so have to wait and see.

But as I mentioned above, when it was occurring the past several days, it wasn't showing up regularly or when it did, for extended periods. It was more intermittent, and after a couple reloads, usually would go to the regular page.

On 9/25/2016 at 0:59 PM, Tech Doctor said:

Hi

TD

Got it again just now, first time in the past 24 hours for me.

Just a random TV forum page.

PS0830.jpg

No problems with my home internet. All other content/sites loading fine.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Feedback?  Since I don't have a dime invested in Thaivisa it doesn't matter much.  But there are a lot of people here that have been helpful to me and I have helped some people also. As for the new site?  pfffff.  No new functionality, just some re-packaging.  maybe the behind the scenes machine was improved or needed to be improved but that is transparent to me.  As far as feedback, when I have written "contacted" them , not a peep was heard back. 

• Like 1