"Nataree" connection as Blue Star raid uncovers "virginity" payment

webfact

"Nataree" connection as Blue Star raid uncovers "virginity" payment

p1.jpg

Image Daily News

PRANBURI: -- Officials investigating human trafficking and underage sex at Blue Star Karaoke in Pranburi have found a strong connection with the infamous raid on the Nataree Soapy Massage parlor raid in June.

One of the Blue Star girls - who is thought to have been underage at the time - was at Nataree where she had her virginity sold for 80,000 baht by human traffickers.

And just like Nataree, the raid at the Blue Star in Suk Jai Road has netted an account book with the name of three policemen and one reporter. It mentions codenames, payments and even dates for
collection of the bribes.

And as the investigation widens it has been discovered that a girl's age was altered on work permit documents from 16 to 20.

Prajuab Khiri Khan governor has ordered the Blue Star shut and called for a province wide crackdown that could see the popular bar area of Soi Bintabaht in Hua Hin affected with closures.

The raid on the Blue Star at the end of last week was the culmination of a three month investigation by an NGO as a link was found with Nataree in Rachadpisek Road, Bangkok, that was raided on June 7th. At Nataree a "bribe book" was found full of names and several police from the Huay Kwang station were transferred. Some 115 mostly foreign girls were arrested.

At Blue Star one hilltribe girl admitted to being between 16 and 17 years of age - under the legal age allowed to be a sex worker. She had previously been at Nataree and told investigators that pimps there arranged for her virginity to be sold for 80,000 baht.

She was in possession of a pink work permit document on which the age had been changed from 16 to 20. It stated her date of birth as July 1st 1996. And contained the name and seal of Wanphen Kittisombunsuk at the Samut Sakorn labour department. Investigations are underway as to how this occurred but reporters understand that a payment of 6,500 baht was paid in connection with the changes to the girl's work credentials.

At Blue Star a ledger contained initials of three policemen. Two were indicated by the Thai letter อ (Or - Ang) and one by the letter น (Nor- Noo). Each of the officers was due to receive 3,000 baht a month on a date specified. A payment of 1,000 baht believed to be scheduled to an unnamed news reporter was also indicated in the ledger.

Prajuab governor Thawee Niritsirikun ordered the immediate closure of Blue Star Karaoke and many over 18 girls selling sex there are expected to be deported for having irregularities on their work permits. Thawee said that karaoke lounges, restaurants and beer bars throughout the province will be stringently checked and he mentioned specifically the Soi Bintabaht tourist area of Hua Hin for action.

Source: Daily News

-- Thaivisa 2016-08-01

32 minutes ago, hgma said:

What's new?

Well this is new to me--------- Prostitution is or was an illegal activity,even in Thailand,where there is more prostitutes per square mile than anywhere I have seen,but I cannot get my head around the quote,"were found to be under the legal age to be ALLOWED  a sex worker"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the <deleted!> does that mean ???????????????????

18 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

Well this is new to me--------- Prostitution is or was an illegal activity,even in Thailand,where there is more prostitutes per square mile than anywhere I have seen,but I cannot get my head around the quote,"were found to be under the legal age to be ALLOWED  a sex worker"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the <deleted!> does that mean ???????????????????

Prostitution is regulated in Thailand.  Many aspects of selling sex are illegal, but if the regulations are followed it is allowed.  This is how most gogo bars, massage places and other bars can operate within the law, despite the sex being on sale.  Underage prostitution is, however, illegal.

1 hour ago, biplanebluey said:

CONFUSING isn't it.

Prostitution is illegal by Thai Law Office.

Then you walk across the street to the Thai Labor Office and you can be used a work Permit to work as a prostitute.

No different than Thai Law Office says illegal to alter exhaust of motor vehicles to crete loud exhaust noise.

Then walk across the street to Thai Business License Office and you can be issued a Business License to operate a vehicle exhaust altering business.

If going by commonsense, it doesn't make sense, does it.

If they want to find illegal and underage girls why do they never raid those places with Vietnamese and Laos girls where people in green uniforms drink johnny walker red while singing karaoke :whistling:

Edited by firestar

13 minutes ago, swerver said:

CONFUSING isn't it.

Prostitution is illegal by Thai Law Office.

Then you walk across the street to the Thai Labor Office and you can be used a work Permit to work as a prostitute.

No different than Thai Law Office says illegal to alter exhaust of motor vehicles to crete loud exhaust noise.

Then walk across the street to Thai Business License Office and you can be issued a Business License to operate a vehicle exhaust altering business.

If going by commonsense, it doesn't make sense, does it.

Please, just remember who makes the laws; politicians. Should be enough said.

14 minutes ago, VN4now said:

Yes selling 16 yo virginity not an issue ...damn ngos

Not the ngos fault but a good percentage of Isaan (and other areas) girls virginity is sold for 30k/40k to Thai guys.

it's like the old magician trick look at my left hand so you don't see what I'm doing with my right, some will say one girl is better than nothing but if the ngos had any balls they would expose the real problem, but of course they never do it, wouldn't want to risk their visa and cushy life. esier to play along with the powers that be and do publicity stunts at Nataree/Blu Star where the foreigners go. .

Edited by firestar

The Chinese and to some extent the Japanese pay a high premium to have sex with a virgin.  They believe it makes them stronger in business. At least that's their story!  Not sure how many times the girls manage to sell their virginity but Thai's are very creative at times.

" ...........At Nataree a "bribe book" was found full of names and several police from the Huay Kwang station were transferred ........... "

Why were they transferred ?

Bribery happens,  but when there is so much evidence,  surely, the guilty parties should be dismissed.

8 minutes ago, bumpkin said:

" ...........At Nataree a "bribe book" was found full of names and several police from the Huay Kwang station were transferred ........... "

Why were they transferred ?

Bribery happens,  but when there is so much evidence,  surely, the guilty parties should be dismissed.

Transferred to an inactive post in a remote location, such as Pranburi.

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Why do they need work permits? Are they foreigners?

Apparently so...(as also was the case in large part with the Nataree ladies):

Prajuab governor Thawee Niritsirikun ordered the immediate closure of Blue Star Karaoke and many over 18 girls selling sex there are expected to be deported for having irregularities on their work permits.

BTW, yes, let's DEPORT all of them as soon as possible, so none of them will be around to explain or being able to testify who helped them and/or provided them with work permits containing "irregularities."

Finding the answer to those questions might cut a bit close to home for the investigating authorities.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Virginity sold for 80,000 baht. Virgins, yea right. People who believe that will believe anything.

True story: going back about 18 years in my girlfriend`s village, she knew of a 15 year old local girl who`s parents put their daughter`s virginity up for sale for 10000 baht. The first mug to buy it was a local Australian expat and after that the same girl`s virginity was up for sale once every week. After the word got around that the girl wasn`t a virgin anymore, the girl went to work in a massage parlour and later progressed onto bar work. As a matter of fact that girl had a 29 year old Thai boyfriend living with her at her parents house when she was only 13. This happens a lot even today, and by the time these girls reach mid teens they are already well seasoned and have a lot of mileage on their clocks, many even having a baby from very early ages from the time their bodies are mature enough to give birth. 

So many people don`t know half of what is happening in this country all around them.

8 hours ago, Deli said:

NGO's should become illegal here, as they are in some other countries.

Yeah, how dare they try to help and protect some people!  I hope you have a daughter and she's found at one of these bars when she is 16.  You won't mind, right?  You know, other guys dicking down your girl each night just to get their rocks off.

the deeper and wider you dig, there appear to be skeletons around.

the authorities action to get to the bottom of the matter is admirable thought one wonders

how time consuming and lengthy the investigations are going to be.

On 8/1/2016 at 6:10 PM, dunroaming said:

The Chinese and to some extent the Japanese pay a high premium to have sex with a virgin.  They believe it makes them stronger in business. At least that's their story!  Not sure how many times the girls manage to sell their virginity but Thai's are very creative at times.

Their excuse is they can't count in English so mai pen lai.