Pattaya going downhill!

pepi2005

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/25/2016 at 7:05 PM, pattayadude said:

why go home?

I meant go back to your home country if this place is a problem for you..  I had a 4,000 sq foot home 15 minutes from the beach in California.  Sounds great, right?  It is such a phony, cosmetic surgery, arrogant (especially women), money money, fake life.  If you do not have a BMW or MBZ, people look down on you. I am so much happier here with the simplicity of this place. My ex wife age 60 would spend 30,000 b on her hair and makeup each month.  What will that get you here with a 25 or 30 year old?  My head is clear here and I am so much happier.  Too many guys make the mistake of quickly getting tied up with a Thai GF.   I know many and some are not happy.  Their stupid mistake.   Read this forum and others and get educated on this place.  Life is so great if you are well informed and make the right choices. 

Edited by bkk6060

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, pepi2005 said:

Some more illustrations on what city mismanagement is able to accomplish:

OL271397.jpg

This and more photos on the nice blog which I've just discovered:

http://www.pattayadays.com/2016/09/boulevard-of-broken-dreams-2/

Love it, great photography. Priceless dystopian look well-suited to our beloved cesspool. Think movies like Dark City, The Matrix, District 9, Johnny Mnemonic, Mad Max; novels like Neuromancer; games like Deus Ex. Hate the clean homogenized pretty wrapping paper look so many here yearn for. Sarasota, FLA has that if I want it. :)

If you ever visit the Pattaya City Hall building you will quickly see why City Hall cannot manage anything well. I've never seen a messier, dirtier, or more disorganized administrative building in my life.  If you are unable to even manage and maintain your own work place well how can you do anything else?  I can't imagine how anybody could work there--but apparently they don't see how awful it is.  (Which may explain why they don't see how awful most of the sidewalks are.)  Last time I visited they even had old, discarded office furniture stacked up in a messy pile by the main entrance.  Hopefully, at least that has been removed by now. 

9 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Love it, great photography. Priceless dystopian look well-suited to our beloved cesspool. Think movies like Dark City, The Matrix, District 9, Johnny Mnemonic, Mad Max; novels like Neuromancer; games like Deus Ex. Hate the clean homogenized pretty wrapping paper look so many here yearn for. Sarasota, FLA has that if I want it. :)

utter disgrace!.. an image could not have illustrated better the condition most of the city is in nowadays! No need to say more.Unfortunately, this picture is worth 1000 words....

Why care about that photo?  The area is way far away from where anyone sees or walks.  But I get it is an example of a small broken window in a city with many broken windows. The trash on Koh Larn is much much of a greater problem.  Actually the trash in many places. But none of this will ever change. The rats love this place and I am surprised there are not more wide spread disease here.  But then again, it is better then some neighboring countries.   No matter people can complain but it is really out of most of our control.  One thing that I think is going uphill, is the quality of the girls here.  Some may disagree, but they seem to be getting younger and cuter. Make me happy happy.

Edited by bkk6060

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

One thing that I think is going uphill, is the quality of the girls here.  Some may disagree, but they seem to be getting younger and cuter. Make me happy happy.

No way mate, 

you cant have been here long to think that.   :stoner:

Also what you on about younger girls  ?   they should be 18 to work the  bars..

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Why care about that photo?  The area is way far away from where anyone sees or walks.  But I get it is an example of a small broken window in a city with many broken windows. The trash on Koh Larn is much much of a greater problem.  Actually the trash in many places. But none of this will ever change. The rats love this place and I am surprised there are not more wide spread disease here.  But then again, it is better then some neighboring countries.   No matter people can complain but it is really out of most of our control.  One thing that I think is going uphill, is the quality of the girls here.  Some may disagree, but they seem to be getting younger and cuter. Make me happy happy.

Who cares about neighboring countries? We don't live in/ visit them. We care about Pattaya because we visit/ live in it.

The areas where people do walk are bad as well. Where the photo was taken used to be a very nice promenade, but it has been destroyed.

The longer I stay in Pattaya, the more I am inclined to say that Pattaya IS going downhill.

The sanuk that used to be the saviour of Pattaya has gone. Now it's just about greed and money.

I starting to hope that they do clear out all the bars, every last one. Then Pattaya will become a destination where expats can live very cheaply, because there will be so few western tourists. No doubt there will still be bars available ( it is LOS, after all ) if one knows where to go, but Pattaya as a western tourist destination will be dead and buried. Only those that are happy sitting around an hotel pool or playing golf will be still coming.

IMO, Pattaya without the bars will be an ideal retirement option, cheap, cheap, cheap with all those empty condos to fill.

Just had a short trip to Pattaya (was going to stay longer) after not visiting the place for many years. Not going to go into the same shit that has been said for years: pricing, empty condos, empty bars etc. 

I did notice sanuk levels have dropped, but the biggest disappointment is the ladies. Not only are cute girls becoming a dying breed outside of the gogo scene but the p4p in general is more hardcore now. I am not a seasoned monger, still fairly young and prefer to have some fun with the girls rather than it all feeling like a cold transaction that one would find elsewhere. Bar scene in regards to the girls was better 10-15 years ago. No doubt. I can't imagine anyone who lived/visited the place back then not to feel the same. Not a doom and gloom post as things are just not catering to me as much anymore and that's ok. Will revisit some years in the future to see how things have moved on again. 

3 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

Just had a short trip to Pattaya (was going to stay longer) after not visiting the place for many years. Not going to go into the same shit that has been said for years: pricing, empty condos, empty bars etc. 

I did notice sanuk levels have dropped, but the biggest disappointment is the ladies. Not only are cute girls becoming a dying breed outside of the gogo scene but the p4p in general is more hardcore now. I am not a seasoned monger, still fairly young and prefer to have some fun with the girls rather than it all feeling like a cold transaction that one would find elsewhere. Bar scene in regards to the girls was better 10-15 years ago. No doubt. I can't imagine anyone who lived/visited the place back then not to feel the same. Not a doom and gloom post as things are just not catering to me as much anymore and that's ok. Will revisit some years in the future to see how things have moved on again. 

I agree with everything you said about the ladies. The good looking ones are more interested in their phones than customers.

I used to be able to go and play games like connect 4 without being expected to take one home, but that doesn't seem doable now.

Must be really boring with so few customers.

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Who cares about neighboring countries? We don't live in/ visit them. We care about Pattaya because we visit/ live in it.

The areas where people do walk are bad as well. Where the photo was taken used to be a very nice promenade, but it has been destroyed.

The longer I stay in Pattaya, the more I am inclined to say that Pattaya IS going downhill.

The sanuk that used to be the saviour of Pattaya has gone. Now it's just about greed and money.

I starting to hope that they do clear out all the bars, every last one. Then Pattaya will become a destination where expats can live very cheaply, because there will be so few western tourists. No doubt there will still be bars available ( it is LOS, after all ) if one knows where to go, but Pattaya as a western tourist destination will be dead and buried. Only those that are happy sitting around an hotel pool or playing golf will be still coming.

IMO, Pattaya without the bars will be an ideal retirement option, cheap, cheap, cheap with all those empty condos to fill.

Where Phuket went. Pattaya follows....sadly.

IMO Pattaya IS still lots of fun for the single chap but I was a great fan of Phuket "back in the day" and watched it succumb to greed  and lose its "sanuk" a decade or so ago. About that time i started spending much more time in Patts but I can see parallels with Phuket  in Pattaya now.

Question is........ What to do?

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree with everything you said about the ladies. The good looking ones are more interested in their phones than customers.

I used to be able to go and play games like connect 4 without being expected to take one home, but that doesn't seem doable now.

Must be really boring with so few customers.

Imagine that...young girls and ladyboys more interested in their social media lives with their peers than the sexual desires of men old enough to be their grandfathers...it boggles the mind.

3 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Imagine that...young girls and ladyboys more interested in their social media lives with their peers than the sexual desires of men old enough to be their grandfathers...it boggles the mind.

The girls used to know why they had come here from all over Issan (primarily)....

Now it's Issan by the sea and the girls are just having fun!

And trying to make in 3 or 4 "encounters" the same money their older sisters made in 10+ outings..

Jokes on them though. The number snagging themselves full-time sponsors -read husbands- has fallen dramatically because of the current business model..

The shorter the time the better.

4 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

LOL. It's like you saying that you don't need to do your job, and can just play on your phone all day instead of working. I think your boss would have a different opinion.

The bargirls need to have clients or they don't make any money. What they get from the bar isn't enough, and at the moment they can't afford to be choosey about who is the client.

Perhaps you think LOS is like back home and young people can get loadsacash from the taxpayer for doing nothing.

I thought you knew something about LOS, but I'm having my doubts with comments like that.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. It's like you saying that you don't need to do your job, and can just play on your phone all day instead of working. I think your boss would have a different opinion.

The bargirls need to have clients or they don't make any money. What they get from the bar isn't enough, and at the moment they can't afford to be choosey about who is the client.

Perhaps you think LOS is like back home and young people can get loadsacash from the taxpayer for doing nothing.

I thought you knew something about LOS, but I'm having my doubts with comments like that.

Thank you for explaining how it all works...I'm all up to speed now.

On 10/6/2016 at 11:24 AM, onemorechang said:

No way mate, 

you cant have been here long to think that.   :stoner:

Also what you on about younger girls  ?   they should be 18 to work the  bars..

Yeah well, I live here.  I am always surprised by guys that claim to live here or actually do and they have no idea where to go to find great ladies.  Maybe they should leave their rooms once in awhile.   Sorry if you cannot find the young hotties there are certainly plenty in town now if you know where to go.

Edited by bkk6060

39 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yeah well, I live here.  I am always surprised by guys that claim to live here or actually do and they have no idea where to go to find great ladies.  Maybe they should leave their rooms once in awhile.   Sorry if you cannot find the young hotties there are certainly plenty in town now if you know where to go.

That's the thing mate. You didn't really need to look much before to meet some petite and easy going hotties. Now outside of gogo bars in walking street I can honestly say there really wasn't that much to get excited about. I used to love the casualness and charm of a lot of the girls in Pattaya and is still the only place I have ever entered the p4p scene.  

On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 11:38 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

No, it's always been about greed and money. Somehow you missed that before. You've said nothing new; it's all part of the standard DYING PATTAYA rhetoric. Somewhere else is always better, esp. the paradise of Cambodia! :)

@Ohio on May 14, 2009:

. . . Pattaya & Thailand in general have become the place where 'Greed is GOOD' & ironically most of it commenced by Farang ripping off their own countrymen & still are.

Now it is inherent within the system from the Traffic stop Brown Shirt to the Media Mogul Volunteer & many other places beckon .

I starting to hope that they do clear out all the bars, every last one. . . . . IMO, Pattaya without the bars will be an ideal retirement option, cheap, cheap, cheap with all those empty condos to fill.

But you can find another town down the coast w/ few or no bars, empy condos, and probably cheaper than Pattaya. No need to wait to move, man. Paradise awaits.

Edited by JSixpack

1 hour ago, kevozman1 said:

That's the thing mate. You didn't really need to look much before to meet some petite and easy going hotties. Now outside of gogo bars in walking street I can honestly say there really wasn't that much to get excited about. I used to love the casualness and charm of a lot of the girls in Pattaya and is still the only place I have ever entered the p4p scene.  

No, they've been all gone for at least 7 years. Or perhaps experience inevitably leads to the same disillusionment. ;)

On Friday, May 15, 2009 at 10:23 AM, duchovny said:
The girls in Pattaya are ugly compared to other places in SE Asia (especially Cambodia) and are getting too old for me. If I want a 30+ year old with 2 kids I'll stay home thanks.

That said, I think a lot of the best have realized they don't need to bother w/ working in a horrid beer bar and are now found online via the apps.

On Friday, March 09, 2007 at 8:33 AM, Ulysses G said:
How many Pattaya Sucks threads do we need anyway? :o

At least a couple a year, maybe more. I plan to be first off the line in early December w/ the Worst High Season Ever thread. :)

Edited by JSixpack

18 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

No, they've been all gone for at least 7 years. Or perhaps experience inevitably leads to the same disillusionment. ;)

That said, I think a lot of the best have realized they don't need to bother w/ working in a horrid beer bar and are now found online via the apps.

I would go along with that. Then again getting involved with dating/online dating is better in BKK and  from there Samui is a better option for a trip. Best places to go now for hook ups in Pattaya probably somewhere like iBar. Lots of cute girls and a lot of them come in with their own money (freebie potential extremely high) Gogo bars still have a lot of hotties for those who prefer that scene. It's not all bad. The lack of Chang beer wifebeaters was a pleasant surprise. Just nostalgia issues more than anything for me.

14 hours ago, bobbin said:

The number snagging themselves full-time sponsors -read husbands- has fallen dramatically because of the current business model.

Oh, let's see the exact figures and how you arrived at them. How 'bout a graph?

And could it be for, like, some other reason? ;)

Next.

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's like you saying that you don't need to do your job, and can just play on your phone all day instead of working. I think your boss would have a different opinion.

Well, yes, they can play on their phone all day if they wish. But actually this is the same TVF My Eyeballs At Random Intervals measure that leads to the conclusion that all shops in CentralFestival are bankrupt and always have been. You haven't sat there all day, day in day out, to see what happens after they've waited for you to leave.

. . . at the moment they can't afford to be choosey about who is the client.

They decide to what extent they can afford to be choosey, not you--just as they always have. And they have a good instinct as to who is most likely to pay the higher barfines nowadays: somebody who looks like a tourist FOB w/ good money ready to spend. When some OAP shuffles in who obviously has hardly has a pot to piss in, they reasonably estimate that he isn't going to be worth bothering with. Besides facebook & twitter, those phones now have business apps. :)

Edited by JSixpack

14 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

I would go along with that. Then again getting involved with dating/online dating is better in BKK and  from there Samui is a better option for a trip. Best places to go now for hook ups in Pattaya probably somewhere like iBar. Lots of cute girls and a lot of them come in with their own money (freebie potential extremely high) Gogo bars still have a lot of hotties for those who prefer that scene. It's not all bad. The lack of Chang beer wifebeaters was a pleasant surprise. Just nostalgia issues more than anything for me.

The problem with gogos now is that they normally have dire "music" playing and at far too high a volume. I'm just not going to listen to hip hop or technocrap so loud it hurts my head, no matter how cute the pole shufflers are.

I'm told TQ has good ol rock n roll, so I'm going to check it out sometime, but never really liked the layout in that one. Sometimes I just can't win :biggrin:.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The problem with gogos now is that they normally have dire "music" playing and at far too high a volume. I'm just not going to listen to hip hop or technocrap so loud it hurts my head, no matter how cute the pole shufflers are.

I'm told TQ has good ol rock n roll, so I'm going to check it out sometime, but never really liked the layout in that one. Sometimes I just can't win :biggrin:.

Got one one word for ya: earplugs.

Next.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I so agree about the "fire alarm music" that gets played in most gogos! It's one of the many things that puts me off  Walking Street apart from an occasional foray. It seems that in most cases, the bar plays its choice of music rather than the customers'.

Having said that, TQ isn't quite the only place that plays the music I like - I rather suspect that @thaibeachlovers is another old fart.....like me! However, it must be said that there are places in Patts that play my sort of music...seek and ye shall find :drunk:

On 10/8/2016 at 8:24 AM, VBF said:

I so agree about the "fire alarm music" that gets played in most gogos! It's one of the many things that puts me off  Walking Street apart from an occasional foray. It seems that in most cases, the bar plays its choice of music rather than the customers'.

Having said that, TQ isn't quite the only place that plays the music I like - I rather suspect that @thaibeachlovers is another old fart.....like me! However, it must be said that there are places in Patts that play my sort of music...seek and ye shall find :drunk:

Yes the Thai rave music/noise is not a personally favourite of mine and gets played alot more than it used to. I think the only people that genuinely enjoy it is some of the dancers who are high on meth.