Pattaya going downhill!

pepi2005

12 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

Yes the Thai rave music/noise is not a personally favourite of mine and gets played alot more than it used to. I think the only people that genuinely enjoy it is some of the dancers who are high on meth.

The DJs play what they like, not what the customers like.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2016-08-09 at 4:32 PM, OMGImInPattaya said:

Everything you said is actually a plus...no Russians and fewer Europeans...I'm lovin' it. As for all the new empty and half-completed condos...who gives a toss...just a good oportunity to pick up some good units cheap.

Yes the Rude Russian less...I have roots in Ukraine now Russia and first hand dealing with the Two Week millionaires. What has changed is the older group of men I am with are more active in sports and have no problem in finding a companion for evening... seems the girls prefer someone of good health due to proper diet and attitude than a over weight  Mc Death diabetic pig drinking beer. 

9 minutes ago, rotorbreeze said:

Yes the Rude Russian less...I have roots in Ukraine now Russia and first hand dealing with the Two Week millionaires. What has changed is the older group of men I am with are more active in sports and have no problem in finding a companion for evening... seems the girls prefer someone of good health due to proper diet and attitude than a over weight  Mc Death diabetic pig drinking beer. 

A newbie mistake.

Money is number one.  always.  :thumbsup:

Most of the guys that live here rarely visit the Gogo's (including me).  They are actually last on my list of places to reach my goal for the evening.  They are fun for watching the ladies dance and a few laughs, but they are big time tourist rip off places for any additional services. Pattaya is still the best place in the world if you like male oriented activities.  Cambodia, Vietnam, blah blah are a joke and the JV team.  If you are hoping for some place better then here for overall male oriented activities, good luck.  There are Cheap Charlie alternatives sure, but that is why they are CC places and mostly a joke in overall comparison.

I agree with everything you said about the ladies. The good looking ones are more interested in their phones than customers.
I used to be able to go and play games like connect 4 without being expected to take one home, but that doesn't seem doable now.
Must be really boring with so few customers.

They're making arrangements with their customers on their phones!

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

OK, I give up. What's your thing?

4 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

OK, I give up. What's your thing?

Pattaya would of always been last on my List....

"Carmel" in California is more me.......

but each to their  own....

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

True. But the younger customers and more importantly the girls, enjoy the music. Gogo girls trying to dance to rock music is not a pretty sight.

... true, but the TQ's strumpets do have the chrome pole rock 'n' roll shuffle down to a fine art.

On 10/10/2016 at 6:19 AM, onemorechang said:

A newbie mistake.

Money is number one.  always.  :thumbsup:

Of course, money is number one...but I think what @rotorbreeze might have meant is that if a GoGo girl has a choice between a wealthy-looking fat old slob, and a wealthy-looking fit young guy, she will endeavour to go with the latter. Make no mistake, some of the better-looking and more "accomplished" girls do (try to) take the upper hand in that respect. I shall stop there as I'm leaning towards forbidden discussion but I'm sure those who have experience in Pattaya GoGos understand. :wink:

6 hours ago, VBF said:

Of course, money is number one...but I think what @rotorbreeze might have meant is that if a GoGo girl has a choice between a wealthy-looking fat old slob, and a wealthy-looking fit young guy, she will endeavour to go with the latter. Make no mistake, some of the better-looking and more "accomplished" girls do (try to) take the upper hand in that respect. I shall stop there as I'm leaning towards forbidden discussion but I'm sure those who have experience in Pattaya GoGos understand. :wink:

Ha Ha ,  wrong

She will go for the  ( wealthy-looking fat old slob )

He will most likely die quicker.

One more newbie,    who thinks he knows it all

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, to much   :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Twelve years ago when I first arrived in Pattaya (was working nearby) taking in the "night life" of fun was exotic and true, a real happy party atmosphere. --But for me, "been there; done that". The only time I go to Walking Street is to be a "tour guide" for my friends that are vacationing in Thailand. It reminds me as a child how I would gradually get tired of my new toy no matter how entertaining it was. (Plus after awhile one starts observing the scams and fakeness of the place.)

I like the improvements that have occurred in Pattaya since I have been here; yet, very disappointed how the city council failed in  their jobs by not being more focused on city planning, zoning, and keeping up the infrastructure. The amount of city tax Pattaya collects is incredible for a small size city; yet, it has been wasted on city projects with amateur employees doing the job or money for city projects being skimmed off the top by the city "engineers" or managers. The attractive parts of the city (buildings or nice smooth sidewalks) has not been done by the city, but by private ownership of the hotels, restaurants, or shopping centers.

I realize  Thailand can boast that they were never colonized but the negative part of not having a "mentor" back a hundred years ago is that it seemed to have no direction where to go in the modern world. A real mix bag of how they do their wiring, sewage system, electric, city street lay-outs, sidewalks (are there any without poles, vendors, or soi dogs in the way?)

The great aspect about Pattaya, is that there is something for anyone...like surfing through the TV channels with your remote control. Pick and choose what you desire.

8 hours ago, toenail said:

I like the improvements that have occurred in Pattaya since I have been here; yet, very disappointed how the city council failed in  their jobs by not being more focused on city planning, zoning, and keeping up the infrastructure. The amount of city tax Pattaya collects is incredible for a small size city; yet, it has been wasted on city projects with amateur employees doing the job or money for city projects being skimmed off the top by the city "engineers" or managers. The attractive parts of the city (buildings or nice smooth sidewalks) has not been done by the city, but by private ownership of the hotels, restaurants, or shopping centers.

Officials are practically "looting" the city in every way they can.Total chaos is the norm now comparing to the past.Many mall-fronts,sidewalks,public parking,international franchise restaurant-fronts get  invaded by street vendors,make-shift kiosks,motorized or stationary food carts and motorbike rental businesses almost immediately with complete impunity and irresponsibility and it's nearly impossible to take a stroll down the WS also invaded by pushy and sketchy characters trying to shove advertorial flyers  in your face and never-ending groups of 100 and sometimes more Chinese  walking towards you in a "medieval army" fashion.

I can't even find words strong enough to describe the new "state-of-art" mafia boat marina and the surrounding area infested by debris, junk and vicious looking packs of stray dogs ready to sample some of your flesh...

The overhead street wire "traffic" probably doubled or tripled in the past 10 years and I have noticed that some of the poles will "give in" any day now as they aren't engineered(just like the most of the city) to carry such loads or being pulled in every direction.

Utter chaos!

Edited by pattayadude

11 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Ha Ha ,  wrong

She will go for the  ( wealthy-looking fat old slob )

He will most likely die quicker.

One more newbie,    who thinks he knows it all

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, to much   :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Hardly a newbie old chap - been going to Patts intermittently  since 1986 and regularly since 2002!!!!!

It rather depends if she wants a short term income boost and some fun or a (not too) long term investment but I only report what i see and what a good friend who works in the Gogo business points out to me. That sort of indicates that we're both correct....depending on the woman involved

I know...i don't know it all . but then nether does anyone...it must be the Chang!

Edited by VBF

27 minutes ago, VBF said:

I know...i don't know it all . but then nether does anyone...it must be the Chang!

You were doing ok till then.

But your source of information is not the best !!!!!!.

I do believe Suvarnabhumi airport now stocks these for all

Tourists to purchase on the way in now days.

Money number 1,   its no joke,  its true.  :thumbsup:

almost-rose-tinted.jpg

On 10/10/2016 at 9:52 PM, Naam said:

even finer in the 80s. i was here then twice a year.

Wasn't that when the great stink happened?

I'd like to have been here then, as it would have been longer to enjoy it before it went on a slow death spiral

Best I can imagine for Pattaya now is something like Hua Hin, and I won't miss it at all.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wasn't that when the great stink happened?

I'd like to have been here then, as it would have been longer to enjoy it before it went on a slow death spiral

Best I can imagine for Pattaya now is something like Hua Hin, and I won't miss it at all.

I agree with you that some spark seemed to dull with the antics of Purachai, but whether the old wild west show would have continued with so many other influences crowding in is not a clear call. Maybe without him the pace of disgraceful degradation (IT guys will know...) would have slowed a little. Hua Hin? I don't think so. The reason I and a cast of thousands are still around is that there is nowhere else to go and just about sufficient to stay put. I know some guys have left but where they have gone doesn't look like a winner to me, but each to their own.

Reading some of the replies I wonder how many have actually visited Pattaya never mind Thailand.

I was there the other week and had a great time, the place rawked, cocktails on the rooftop of The Hilton (for peanuts, they even threw in some free peanuts)

Off to live music bars, beers for 50/60baht, hassle free service, wasnt pestered by Cola Hounds.

Golf, cheap as chips, farang food in bucket loads.

Pattaya moves onwards and upwards.

40 minutes ago, rgs2001uk said:

Reading some of the replies I wonder how many have actually visited Pattaya never mind Thailand.

I was there the other week and had a great time, the place rawked, cocktails on the rooftop of The Hilton (for peanuts, they even threw in some free peanuts)

Off to live music bars, beers for 50/60baht, hassle free service, wasnt pestered by Cola Hounds.

Golf, cheap as chips, farang food in bucket loads.

Pattaya moves onwards and upwards.

It's just astonishing how much better value Pattaya is now (free peanuts, too), how much more beautiful the women are, than when you came in 2009. Though the decline was deemed "terminal," it seems to have reversed dramatically. No longer a Hollywood B movie!

Now there does seem to be reason to bother coming to Pattaya. Onwards and upwards indeed. I think the thread can be closed now. :)

On Monday, May 18, 2009 at 10:14 PM, rgs2001uk said:
I have been to Pattaya twice in the last month visiting friends, in fact I arrived home yesterday from Pattaya, so thats about up to date as I can be.

It was like being in some sort of Hollywood B movie, day of the living dead, surreal is the only way to describe it.

About 90% of the farang I saw must have been at least 60, I assume these are coffin dodgers who chose to retire there.

Quite comical to watch these people at breakfast as there teerak talks on the phone to her husband.

Somehting else struck me, has a beauty tax been introduced, or have bar fines been reduced for ugly women?

I have never seen so many ugly, overweight, past their sell by date women hanging on the arms of their latest faern.

Where are the pretty women?

Pattaya dead, dont know if rigour mortis has set in just yet, but its certainly in terminal decline.

Waza, I was in Adelaide earlier this year, from what I saw, why bother going to Thailand, Australia offers better value for money, plenty of Asian women available.

Its not only I who feel this way, my brother lives in Adelaide and has visited Thailand many times, he said to me he can have a better time up the Gold Coast and all thats on offer there, and doesnt have to put up with all that travelling to Thailand entails, with he would spend on airfare he can get accommodation, beer and spirits better quality and cheaper than Thailand, <deleted>, there is something wrong when a Thai lady is cheaper in Australia than Thailand.

Why bother coming here?

Edited by JSixpack

^^^^ au contrire mon ami, I stand by my original post and will re quantify it, all I saw was old men with ugly women.

Here we are 7 years later and nothing has changed, if anything its got worse and uglier, thankfully I wasnt there for the women.

How about searching your archives for where I said I came to, meet farangs visiting, play golf, eat farang food etc etc, listen to live music.

Added since last quoted post by JS, the mrs and her friends lub Centran.

Edited by rgs2001uk