Pattaya going downhill!

pepi2005

6 hours ago, JSixpack said:

It's just astonishing how much better value Pattaya is now (free peanuts, too), how much more beautiful the women are, than when you came in 2009. Though the decline was deemed "terminal," it seems to have reversed dramatically. No longer a Hollywood B movie!

Now there does seem to be reason to bother coming to Pattaya. Onwards and upwards indeed. I think the thread can be closed now. :)

More beautiful? I'll drink what he's drinking. Waiter! :burp:

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, pmugghc said:

Just an anecdotal observation: went to the Royal Cliff Saturday buffet last night. The place was 100% packed around 7pm, both indoors and outdoors. Mostly Europeans as far as I could tell. 

Royal Cliff is uphill. Pattaya is downhill :smile:

by the way... the saturday seafood buffet is excellent, but so is the price of 1,700 baht per person :unsure:

On 10/12/2016 at 8:15 AM, onemorechang said:

You were doing ok till then.

But your source of information is not the best !!!!!!.

I do believe Suvarnabhumi airport now stocks these for all

Tourists to purchase on the way in now days.

Money number 1,   its no joke,  its true.  :thumbsup:

almost-rose-tinted.jpg

Thanks Onemorechang. Just ordered a few pairs. Hope they help before I climb that balcony :-) Guess, plenty of the older TV-members have need for them. Lovely.  MS>

I haven't been able to find a better town on planet earth to live in.  Flown everywhere in the world but nothing comes close.  You got everything here:  girls, wonderful restaurants, shopping, great weather, the beach - all in one amazing location.  Okay, maybe prices have increased and things have gone upscale but you've still got that all-in-one package.

7 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Thanks Onemorechang. Just ordered a few pairs. Hope they help before I climb that balcony :-) Guess, plenty of the older TV-members have need for them. Lovely.  MS>

You only require one pair.

Maybe they will last longer than you  :giggle:

Or if you do stay a long enough , you may grow out of them.

and see pattaya in it true glory. ( some do achieve this )

life does get a lot better here,   after that.

Good luck. :jap:

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 8:15 AM, onemorechang said:

You were doing ok till then.

But your source of information is not the best !!!!!!.

I do believe Suvarnabhumi airport now stocks these for all

Tourists to purchase on the way in now days.

Money number 1,   its no joke,  its true.  :thumbsup:

almost-rose-tinted.jpg

You must be joking. Most of our members are so blind they can hardly find their way out of the airport. Normally they're wearing these:

Smoky-Quartz-Sunglasses_cr.jpg

And have already studied their Bible, Neil Hutchison's Money Number One, in the large-print edition. Believing it the best & only source of information (!!!), they allow it to determine their subsequent attitude. A cartoon is so easily understood after all. So they just parrot it mindlessly ad nauseam here on the forum, sort of like Muslims repeating the precepts of the Koran in a mosque.

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

You must be joking. Most of our members are so blind they can hardly find their way out of the airport. Normally they're wearing these:

Smoky-Quartz-Sunglasses_cr.jpg

And have already studied their Bible, Neil Hutchison's Money Number One, in the large-print edition. Believing it the best & only source of information (!!!), they allow it to determine their subsequent attitude. A cartoon is so easily understood after all. So they just parrot it mindlessly ad nauseam here on the forum, sort of like Muslims repeating the precepts of the Koran in a mosque.

I did try a pair of them on once.

I now understand why John Lennon used these.

it must have helped him over come the fright looking at his wife.

So they do have a use here,   if anyone has  a mature one.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

True, but is it better, or worse than the old era. So far it's not looking good.

Overall, better. It's looking good so far. Been seeing a lot more tourists around town. Or for you Tourist Truthers, holograrms projected from hovering drones by "The Authorities" to start the High Season Simulation. Nice thing is so few Chinese tour buses on the road. Still I saw quite a lot of Chinese holograms in Central the past two times I've been in there, one of which was today. In fact, saw a few at the Hilton buffet last week pretending to spend and eat. Stunning Russian lady hologram on the promenade today--among many others, but really noticed that string bikini! :smile:

I'm not sure whether the TAT: TVF has cancelled the Pattaya high season yet but it might be best just to call this time of year "the cool season" only. That way, with no high season, we can avoid the annual high season ritual doom thread: "Lowest High Season Ever???"

Yes the Rude Russian less...I have roots in Ukraine now Russia and first hand dealing with the Two Week millionaires. What has changed is the older group of men I am with are more active in sports and have no problem in finding a companion for evening... seems the girls prefer someone of good health due to proper diet and attitude than a over weight  Mc Death diabetic pig drinking beer. 

You must be a newbie. Girls couldn't care less if your over 60 and fat with diabetes, on the contrary they know you probably won't get it up.. Win win does her fine

11 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

You must be a newbie. Girls couldn't care less if your over 60 and fat with diabetes, on the contrary they know you probably won't get it up.. Win win does her fine

The suggestion that all girls couldn't care less is a bit of a myth now.

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Overall, better. It's looking good so far. Been seeing a lot more tourists around town. Or for you Tourist Truthers, holograrms projected from hovering drones by "The Authorities" to start the High Season Simulation. Nice thing is so few Chinese tour buses on the road. Still I saw quite a lot of Chinese holograms in Central the past two times I've been in there, one of which was today. In fact, saw a few at the Hilton buffet last week pretending to spend and eat. Stunning Russian lady hologram on the promenade today--among many others, but really noticed that string bikini! :smile:

I'm not sure whether the TAT: TVF has cancelled the Pattaya high season yet but it might be best just to call this time of year "the cool season" only. That way, with no high season, we can avoid the annual high season ritual doom thread: "Lowest High Season Ever???"

In May this year I spoke with the owner of one of the 2 big disco's in walking street, as I know him for years already, and he told me that they had experienced the worst high season EVER since they opened.

But hey, what would he know.

And before you come back with your Chinese and Russian tourists rhetoric, I doubt that they were the golden goose either, otherwise the government would have come down so hard on the Chinese tours.

1 hour ago, SimpleChap said:

In May this year I spoke with the owner of one of the 2 big disco's in walking street, as I know him for years already, and he told me that they had experienced the worst high season EVER since they opened.

But hey, what would he know.

And before you come back with your Chinese and Russian tourists rhetoric, I doubt that they were the golden goose either, otherwise the government would have come down so hard on the Chinese tours.

The usual scientific survey made every year, my man. You'll find the same, if sometimes implicitly, in the threads below among others. So, me, I think I'll just sigh! manage to find a way somehow to carry on enjoying the usual high season I always do in our beloved cesspool despite the claims here that there is, in fact, no high season. :) "Hard work but somebody's gotta do it."

I'm sorry if you, on the other hand, lose the will to live as have so many of our old depressives and envision bleached ruins and deserted crumbling streets. Hey--I predicted that more than 2 years ago: Have you ever seen Pattaya so empty of tourists? That post shows you the future, man! :)

2007: Pattaya's Dead

2008: Is Pattaya Dead Right Now?

2009: Pattaya Is Dead Dead Dead
2010: Why Is Everything Closing Down?
2011: Even More Dead Than Last Year?
2012: What'S Next For A Beach Tourist Destination Like Pattaya?
2013: Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End
2014: Is Pattaya really on the bones of it arse at the minute?
2015: The beach walkway? Low season is really low Pattaya is dead

Pattaya forum doomsayin' is such a reliable inverse economic indicator--the Pattaya Doom Indicator (PDI) ©2015 Jsixpack ;)--that the recent deluge probably means it's a good time to invest in companies with interests in Pattaya. In fact, Thai companies themselves seem to take heed of the indicator as well. Hence the 2007-8 threads inspired CPN to construct CentralFestival Pattaya Beach and open it early in 2009. And only four months after CentralFestival Pattaya Beach was condemned to death on the forum, the stupid Erawan Group opened the new Holiday Inn Pattaya. Next year, 7 months after another doom thread, the stupid CPN Pattaya Beach Co. Ltd and the stupid Hilton Hotels & Resorts also foolishly opened the Hilton Pattaya amid all the ruins!

So there they are, all those white elephants, to use forum rhetoric. More a-comin'! :)

Incidentally, another major indicator, one of several, that could work well in concert with the PDI© would be the Pattaya Condo Glut Indicator© (PCGI), tracking the erratic outbursts of bewilderment, foreboding, sour grapes, and scaremongering by room renters with regard to Pattaya's condos. Unlike the moans of the PDI©, this indicator is backed by actual impressive stats: nothing less than the count of condo lights on at night. And these can be blessed by the chants of the Ocean 1 Chorus. Alas, further discussion of the PCGI© will have to wait for another day. :smile: I trust your point has been answered.

:clap2:to JSixpack, you are very good at steamrolling the doomsayers big time.

The doomsayers have been out in force since 2007 according to JS's post with links to prove it.

So next year we can celebrate 10 years of doomsday forecasts and the funny thing is that Pattaya City is still moving forward with ever better shopping/restaurants choices and it's still Disney Land after dark here, so all ought to be happy.

20 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

The doomsayers have been out in force since 2007 according to JS's post with links to prove it.

So next year we can celebrate 10 years of doomsday forecasts and the funny thing is that Pattaya City is still moving forward with ever better shopping/restaurants choices and it's still Disney Land after dark here, so all ought to be happy.

JSixpack should change his name to "The Elephant" - he never forgets.

Expectations are too high and always will be when comparing to the past. We only seem to remember history through rose colored glasses.

As previously stated, we are getting older and not so good looking as time passes ( lol ) and more importantly, the feel good factor lessens as we age.

For the future, just enjoy everyday...its all you have.

Yes, a tip of the hat to JSixpack and his entertaining and informative posts and to add to his latest: 2015 Thread: Low season is really low, Pattaya is dead.  2016, the massive Terminal 21 project begins in north Pattaya.  (Not to mention a quite extensive renovation now going on at Central Center.)

10 hours ago, JSixpack said:

The usual scientific survey made every year, my man. You'll find the same, if sometimes implicitly, in the threads below among others. So, me, I think I'll just sigh! manage to find a way somehow to carry on enjoying the usual high season I always do in our beloved cesspool despite the claims here that there is, in fact, no high season. :) "Hard work but somebody's gotta do it."

I'm sorry if you, on the other hand, lose the will to live as have so many of our old depressives and envision bleached ruins and deserted crumbling streets. Hey--I predicted that more than 2 years ago: Have you ever seen Pattaya so empty of tourists? That post shows you the future, man! :)

2007: Pattaya's Dead

2008: Is Pattaya Dead Right Now?

2009: Pattaya Is Dead Dead Dead
2010: Why Is Everything Closing Down?
2011: Even More Dead Than Last Year?
2012: What'S Next For A Beach Tourist Destination Like Pattaya?
2013: Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End
2014: Is Pattaya really on the bones of it arse at the minute?
2015: The beach walkway? Low season is really low Pattaya is dead

Pattaya forum doomsayin' is such a reliable inverse economic indicator--the Pattaya Doom Indicator (PDI) ©2015 Jsixpack ;)--that the recent deluge probably means it's a good time to invest in companies with interests in Pattaya. In fact, Thai companies themselves seem to take heed of the indicator as well. Hence the 2007-8 threads inspired CPN to construct CentralFestival Pattaya Beach and open it early in 2009. And only four months after CentralFestival Pattaya Beach was condemned to death on the forum, the stupid Erawan Group opened the new Holiday Inn Pattaya. Next year, 7 months after another doom thread, the stupid CPN Pattaya Beach Co. Ltd and the stupid Hilton Hotels & Resorts also foolishly opened the Hilton Pattaya amid all the ruins!

So there they are, all those white elephants, to use forum rhetoric. More a-comin'! :)

Incidentally, another major indicator, one of several, that could work well in concert with the PDI© would be the Pattaya Condo Glut Indicator© (PCGI), tracking the erratic outbursts of bewilderment, foreboding, sour grapes, and scaremongering by room renters with regard to Pattaya's condos. Unlike the moans of the PDI©, this indicator is backed by actual impressive stats: nothing less than the count of condo lights on at night. And these can be blessed by the chants of the Ocean 1 Chorus. Alas, further discussion of the PCGI© will have to wait for another day. :smile: I trust your point has been answered.

If Central is doing so well, why would they allow so many stalls to swamp the front of the store to the extent that it is difficult for people to move through them?

That is not what a mall with a good income would be doing.

Central has been open for many years, but the invasion of the stalls is new.

As usual, whenever I visited, the restaurants and cinema doing well, but the majority of shops not so much.

10 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Pity the city can't fix the pavements, sort the traffic, turn on the pedestrian crossing lights, demolish or fix the marina, use empty land to make parks and concert venues, reduce the number of baht buses, pedestrianize Beach Rd after dark, remove the speedboats on the road to the lighthouse, renovate Bali Hi and make project owners either finish or demolish the derelict structures all over the place.

If they did that, Pattaya might be "moving ahead". New restaurants and hotels/ condos are all very well, but the public areas have not been improved or fixed in over 20 years ( the new beach promenade is not better. The previous version was better, though not as good as the version prior to that ).

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Central is doing so well, why would they allow so many stalls to swamp the front of the store to the extent that it is difficult for people to move through them?

That is not what a mall with a good income would be doing.

Love the continuing assertion of economic prescience shown in that classic milestone of prophecy:

Central World is going to fail, just like The Avenues. Anyone stupid enough to build a place that charges Bangkok prices in a small tourist resort town deserves to go bankrupt.

--thaibeachlovers, on 2009-05-29 19:01:26

So, seems to be merely a cantankerous inability to accept the truth--and an obsessive but futile hunt for "signs" that old prophecy is finally gon' come true. A hammer always just finds nails, after all.

Now the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET), digesting the news that the entire city of Pattaya had died once again (2009: Pattaya Is Dead Dead Dead), must have reeled to learn that a prominent TVF economic expert had prophesied an upcoming 5-billion-baht loss to CPN. Would the selloff in CPN shares bring down the entire market with it?

Well . . . no. :smile:

CPN shares ended up the following week at 9.40, up 7% from the previous week! Ironically, if our doomsters themselves had faced reality, ended the silly chants, and invested a million baht in CPN shares then, they'd be worth over 4 million by the end of 2015. 'Twould end the need to whinge about bar fine increases & room rate increases on Soi Buakhao, right?

So, no, of course the stalls in front of CentralFestival don't mean a thing w/ regard to Central's economic success. In fact the North Pattaya Big C had stalls even during Pattaya's heyday when the quality tourists, i.e., the "naughty mongers," the economic powerhouses behind Pattaya's now-vanished prosperity, the great jobs creators, the golden eggs layers, were in force--before they were "put off" and all left for the paradise of Cambodia, leaving the ruins behind. Stalls do attract shoppers, including tourists. Thais like them; different culture.

I can affirm from a few recent visits that the stalls don't cause any difficulty whatsoever in getting into CentralFestival and that there were a remarkable number of holograms looking like shoppers in there--in fact, the most I've ever seen at this time of year. The next TVF economic rule invoked will be the Looking Not Buying rule. :) It presupposes there must be lines at every cashier in every shop at all times, to satisfy the My Eyeballs At A Random Interval rule. But the latter rule isn't met at any mall. Could there be something goin' on our TVF economists don't know about? I mean, according to NanLaew,

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 1:07 PM, NanLaew said:

Holiday Inn are well into the construction of their 'Express' branded lodging on the west side between the hospital and the market end of Buakhao at Tai. That will give them 3 locations in the terminal-case Pattaya. I forget which the other one is but something up there with a Hilton or Marriott ring to it.

OMG. Fools! More folly! Don't they know? Don't they read?

Well, maybe they do. I think what must be happening is that the CEOs read these TVF doom threads and think, "What idiots. This means Pattaya's going uphill; good time to build and invest!" :)

Central has been open for many years, but the invasion of the stalls is new.

As usual, whenever I visited, the restaurants and cinema doing well, but the majority of shops not so much.

An invocation of the TVF No Change rule! (Yeah after all these I know them all well.) Change just discombobulates our OAPs especially.

The stalls haven't invaded. They're welcome, bringing in more revenue, and creating some jobs. Who knows how long they'll stay.

Our economists do hold that boutique, rather high-end shops should be as crowded as restaurants and cinemas. :) Total ignorance.

Rather than completely useless subjective measures, use the standard. You see, whenever you visit, you don't notice any significant shops vacant. If you had, you'd have immediately seized upon it as a Sign! As there are 370 shops in the mall, you'd need to find 37 closed up to make the credible case of impending doom you long for. In one of the richest, continually successful (since the 1950s) suburban malls in the USA, a few shops are always vacant. I think none remains of the original shops at the opening. Nor in that mall during the week do you see many shoppers. No shoppers have ever been seen in CentralFestival. ;)

And you might look at some financial reports for CPN such as here: http://cpn.listedcompany.com/financial_highlights.html to find the shock (the stalls!!!) that actually CPN is doing well for itself recently:

Period       Y/E '15 Q3 '16
as of   31/12/2015 30/09/2016
ROA(%)   10.37 11.23
ROE(%)   18.12 19.03
Net Profit Margin(%)   29.6 31.3

You can find further actual numbers on the detailed reports and find some positive CPN Pattaya figures. Share price, BTW, despite the doom of Pattaya, is up 16% this years. :) Yeah I know: Enron! Gotta love TVF economics. Just In Case Fallacy

Over the last 20 years we've heard every possible variation on basically the same kinds of bashes followed by predictions, or confirmations, of a farang exodus and inevitable doom. All these death proclamations and prophecies of doom mean is that prophet is himself disappointed and wishes something would die—as is admitted here, after vainly anticipating for 7 years the rich justice to be wreaked on the "stupid" by the fulfillment of the Prophecy of 2009:

I say I hope Central fails, because if it does, no other big company will build in Pattaya.
     —thaibeachlovers, 2016-01-04 05:15

Wishin' and hopin'

And thinkin' and prayin' . . .

Ain't that an old song by Dusty Springfield? So the search for the evidence--the evidence that must be there somewhere--continues. Enjoy!

On 11/15/2016 at 2:44 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

True, but is it better, or worse than the old era. So far it's not looking good.

if they demolish part of the walking street, we will even miss today's "not so good Pattaya"!

it's not only Pattaya that's going down or changing.I can think of 5 cities I lived in the past in various parts of the world also have gone down or changed big time.

IMO it all depends how you accept and adopt to big changes.

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Love the continuing assertion of economic prescience shown in that classic milestone of prophecy:

Central World is going to fail, just like The Avenues. Anyone stupid enough to build a place that charges Bangkok prices in a small tourist resort town deserves to go bankrupt.

--thaibeachlovers, on 2009-05-29 19:01:26

So, seems to be merely a cantankerous inability to accept the truth--and an obsessive but futile hunt for "signs" that old prophecy is finally gon' come true. A hammer always just finds nails, after all.

Now the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET), digesting the news that the entire city of Pattaya had died once again (2009: Pattaya Is Dead Dead Dead), must have reeled to learn that a prominent TVF economic expert had prophesied an upcoming 5-billion-baht loss to CPN. Would the selloff in CPN shares bring down the entire market with it?

Well . . . no. :smile:

CPN shares ended up the following week at 9.40, up 7% from the previous week! Ironically, if our doomsters themselves had faced reality, ended the silly chants, and invested a million baht in CPN shares then, they'd be worth over 4 million by the end of 2015. 'Twould end the need to whinge about bar fine increases & room rate increases on Soi Buakhao, right?

So, no, of course the stalls in front of CentralFestival don't mean a thing w/ regard to Central's economic success. In fact the North Pattaya Big C had stalls even during Pattaya's heyday when the quality tourists, i.e., the "naughty mongers," the economic powerhouses behind Pattaya's now-vanished prosperity, the great jobs creators, the golden eggs layers, were in force--before they were "put off" and all left for the paradise of Cambodia, leaving the ruins behind. Stalls do attract shoppers, including tourists. Thais like them; different culture.

I can affirm from a few recent visits that the stalls don't cause any difficulty whatsoever in getting into CentralFestival and that there were a remarkable number of holograms looking like shoppers in there--in fact, the most I've ever seen at this time of year. The next TVF economic rule invoked will be the Looking Not Buying rule. :) It presupposes there must be lines at every cashier in every shop at all times, to satisfy the My Eyeballs At A Random Interval rule. But the latter rule isn't met at any mall. Could there be something goin' on our TVF economists don't know about? I mean, according to NanLaew,

OMG. Fools! More folly! Don't they know? Don't they read?

Well, maybe they do. I think what must be happening is that the CEOs read these TVF doom threads and think, "What idiots. This means Pattaya's going uphill; good time to build and invest!" :)

An invocation of the TVF No Change rule! (Yeah after all these I know them all well.) Change just discombobulates our OAPs especially.

The stalls haven't invaded. They're welcome, bringing in more revenue, and creating some jobs. Who knows how long they'll stay.

Our economists do hold that boutique, rather high-end shops should be as crowded as restaurants and cinemas. :) Total ignorance.

Rather than completely useless subjective measures, use the standard. You see, whenever you visit, you don't notice any significant shops vacant. If you had, you'd have immediately seized upon it as a Sign! As there are 370 shops in the mall, you'd need to find 37 closed up to make the credible case of impending doom you long for. In one of the richest, continually successful (since the 1950s) suburban malls in the USA, a few shops are always vacant. I think none remains of the original shops at the opening. Nor in that mall during the week do you see many shoppers. No shoppers have ever been seen in CentralFestival. ;)

And you might look at some financial reports for CPN such as here: http://cpn.listedcompany.com/financial_highlights.html to find the shock (the stalls!!!) that actually CPN is doing well for itself recently:

Period       Y/E '15 Q3 '16
as of   31/12/2015 30/09/2016
ROA(%)   10.37 11.23
ROE(%)   18.12 19.03
Net Profit Margin(%)   29.6 31.3

You can find further actual numbers on the detailed reports and find some positive CPN Pattaya figures. Share price, BTW, despite the doom of Pattaya, is up 16% this years. :) Yeah I know: Enron! Gotta love TVF economics. Just In Case Fallacy

Over the last 20 years we've heard every possible variation on basically the same kinds of bashes followed by predictions, or confirmations, of a farang exodus and inevitable doom. All these death proclamations and prophecies of doom mean is that prophet is himself disappointed and wishes something would die—as is admitted here, after vainly anticipating for 7 years the rich justice to be wreaked on the "stupid" by the fulfillment of the Prophecy of 2009:

I say I hope Central fails, because if it does, no other big company will build in Pattaya.
     —thaibeachlovers, 2016-01-04 05:15

Wishin' and hopin'

And thinkin' and prayin' . . .

Ain't that an old song by Dusty Springfield? So the search for the evidence--the evidence that must be there somewhere--continues. Enjoy!

:coffee1:

Archived