More heartache as grieving Thai family gets ashes of wife murdered in Germany

webfact

More heartache as grieving Thai family gets ashes of wife murdered in Germany

p2.jpg

Image: Sanook

KALASIN: -- There is yet more heartache for the Kalasin family of the Thai woman murdered in Germany. Though they received the ashes of the wife they cannot get the remains of her two children who were also murdered in the family tragedy.

The children were born to the Thai woman but had become German nationals after being legally adopted by the man who murdered them. So their ashes cannot yet be returned, reported Sanook.

Lamai Rubino, 37, and her two daughters Sukhanarat Romsabai, 19, and Sudarat Saenbut, 14, were all murdered by the same German man who is now in jail awaiting trial.

The Thai Foreign Ministry has worked with their German counterparts to bring the ashes home of Lamai and these were collected from a welfare organization yesterday. They will be taken to Kalasin for a ceremony that will be held there.

But the daughters' remains are still in Germany. The Thai authorities are trying to get the remains back so that the family has some closure and are also making representations on behalf of the family regarding compensation for the triple murder.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-10

"...The Thai authorities are...making representations on behalf of the family regarding compensation for the triple murder..."!

One would expect that the murderer will PAY for his crime under German Law, and that he will receive the appropriate penalty of that Law. What more to the Thai authorities want?

German newspapers have been full of reports about this horrible triple homicide, which has rocked the small southwestern town of Ravensburg.

It seems the apparent prime motive for the murders was that the husband had discovered his wife to have an extramarital affair with a Thai man back home. Investigators deducted that from letters found on the premises, claiming their authenticity was reportedly corroborated by the husband in the meantime. 

The wife recently had reportedly also begun to demand more money that she could send back home to her ailing mother (because mom had allegedly broken an arm during a recent accident). According to the reports the husband said he couldn't afford to give her more, which led to frequent domestic arguments.

Thai newspapers did not even bother to mention these circumstances, probably because they also implicate the wife to a certain extent. Instead, the newspaper that cannot be named here quoted the younger daughter as saying that her parents "solely relied on her [the German's wife] for financial support".

Please don't get me wrong. I am not trying to find excuses for what that German man did.  This was a bestial, horrible murder, and surely there should've been another solution instead of butchering three people in cold blood. All I am saying is that the circumstances described above paint the crime in a different color.

The crime seems to be grounded in an emotional melt-down on behalf of the husband. Yet still he must be punished for it. And he will.

Edited by Misterwhisper
typo correction

43 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

German newspapers have been full of reports about this horrible triple homicide, which has rocked the small southwestern town of Ravensburg.

It seems the apparent prime motive for the murders was that the husband had discovered his wife to have an extramarital affair with a Thai man back home. Investigators deducted that from letters found on the premises, claiming their authenticity was reportedly corroborated by the husband in the meantime. 

The wife recently had reportedly also begun to demand more money that she could send back home to her ailing mother (because mom had allegedly broken an arm during a recent accident). According to the reports the husband said he couldn't afford to give her more, which led to frequent domestic arguments.

Thai newspapers did not even bother to mention these circumstances, probably because they also implicate the wife to a certain extent. Instead, the newspaper that cannot be named here quoted the younger daughter as saying that her parents "solely relied on her [the German's wife] for financial support".

Please don't get me wrong. I am not trying to find excuses for what that German man did.  This was a bestial, horrible murder, and surely there should've been another solution instead of butchering three people in cold blood. All I am saying is that the circumstances described above paint the crime in a different color.

The crime seems to be grounded in an emotional melt-down on behalf of the husband. Yet still he must be punished for it. And he will.

and he will

because Germany is not Thailand

1 hour ago, waldroj said:

"...The Thai authorities are...making representations on behalf of the family regarding compensation for the triple murder..."!

One would expect that the murderer will PAY for his crime under German Law, and that he will receive the appropriate penalty of that Law. What more to the Thai authorities want?

Germany financially compensates the families of murder victims. 

https://www.ncjrs.gov/ovc_archives/reports/intdir2005/germany.html

The German husband is 53 years old. The Thai wife's parents that he has been supporting for 10 years from what I read, the FIL is also 53, the MIL is 51.  The SIL who now will get a job to support herself and her parents (she says) is 32.  I guess this hasn't been a concern up until now?  Then of course there was the wife herself and the three children to support, one of which was actually his.

2 hours ago, waldroj said:

Baht, the negotiating language of Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, amykat said:

The German husband is 53 years old. The Thai wife's parents that he has been supporting for 10 years from what I read, the FIL is also 53, the MIL is 51.  The SIL who now will get a job to support herself and her parents (she says) is 32.  I guess this hasn't been a concern up until now?  Then of course there was the wife herself and the three children to support, one of which was actually his.

Exactly, amykat, I was wondering about that, too. Provided the ages are correct, FIL+MIL were relying on the German husband's financial support since they were 43 and 41 years old, respectively. They were at prime working age and couldn't support themselves? But then again, it's always the same tiresome story: Daughter marries "rich" foreigner and then supports her Thai family with the money he gives her; which is of course never enough, because the cash demands are  continuously increasing - until they lead to disaster and utter tragedy.

Also: The murdered wife reportedly was 37 years old. So MIL had her child when she was barely 14? And daddy was just 16? Jesus Christ! They really know how to get to it in Isan, don't they?

What likewise strikes me as odd is that both of the murdered daughters carried different family names. That leaves only one conclusion, namely that each daughter was from a different (Thai) man. Yet another quite common story. The older daughter was 19, so her mom had her when she herself was only 18.

Those who say Germany's laws are stupid are in the wrong, the farther although no doubt is guilty has not been convicted yet...

I assume as he is next of kin he has a say at present, unless he gives permission for the return of the ashes it will be a long legal process, I hope for the sake of the grieving Thai family he does allow them to be returned  or the Thai's keep pressuring the German government until they are.

Yes. well also Misterwhisper, the Thai wife was obviously lying about money and what she was doing with it, as the MIL states that all was going well until a few years ago when he didn't want to give his wife money anymore because he knew she was just sending it to the mother in Thailand.  Around the same time she broke her arm coincidentally.  This didn't seem to be a case where the husband was willingly sending some kind of allowance to the parents like some husbands do. 

From the photo of the parents, the age does seem to be correct and they seem healthy and well.  I feel shocked that the other daughter at 32 would also make statement that she needs to "support them now." 

...tragic....but it takes 2 to play it out.....

...scam marriages are no good except for the greedy perpetrators.....

....and sorry but... multiple deaths of foreigners daily here are routinely treated as mere inconveniences.....

I would not jump too hastily to condemn the husband, since it would appear that he had one of the most compelling reasons to seek some sort of closure. Also it would not surprise me if the biggest reason for the apparent grief of the wife,s parents was that the golden goose was no longer laying eggs :(

4 hours ago, robblok said:

See stupid rules don't only exist in Thailand.. the west has its fair share too. 

Shameful of Germany.

hi robblok

we  can easily imagine the pain and suffering the family must be going through and sympathise with them. it becomes a little complicated in international situations. the parents of the father of the children also have some claim to the children; hence the complications created by their domestic protocol.

How sad,The poor man was misled to believe the Thai woman loves him.He was all convinced of the Purity of her love etc etc ,hence marryingbher adopting the Thai kids who may or may not be hers..brought them to Germany only to find out he is being betrayed.The woman usually has a Thai husband lurking in the background, could be presented as a brother at times.Well the German was driven to such an extreme situation out of sheer despair 

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

hi robblok

we  can easily imagine the pain and suffering the family must be going through and sympathise with them. it becomes a little complicated in international situations. the parents of the father of the children also have some claim to the children; hence the complications created by their domestic protocol.

He was not the real father, just adopted them anyone with half a brain could see the perversion of justice here. If this topic was about Thai law then 1000 posts would already have condemned the Thais.