Yingluck insists Thaksin was not behind bombings

webfact

Yingluck insists Thaksin was not behind bombings

846_Yingluck-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra insisted today that her brother Thaksin Shinawatra was not behind recent bombings in seven provinces.

Her affirmation came as she appeared at the Supreme Court to testify for the second time as defendant in a case which she was accused of dereliction of duty on the controversial rice pledging scheme.

Ms Yingluck said her brother had no involvement and that he has already assigned his lawyers to file complaints with the police for such untrue speculations.

She was welcomed on arrival at the court by a hundred of supporters.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-insists-thaksin-not-behind-bombings/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-19

10 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

The comments are from a person saying the BRN is the most military capable group.  But it'd be nice to see some sort of proof.  Not saying they didn't do it, but proof would be great.

As you are well aware on TVF we never let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

who would believe anything coming out of her mouth, she cant even write her own facebook comments, big brother once again telling her what to say for his benefit. This female is a total joke, cant wait to see the transcripts of what she actually says in the court room, will be good for a laugh. Until there is proof and not just conjecture no one knows who is responsible for the bombings but as we see the thaksin lovers are all out in force claiming it is the terrorists from down south not from up north that are responsible, time will tell.

Edited by seajae

26 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I remember 2005 and 2006 there were so many bombs going off at ant-taksin people's places it was unbelievable.

Anyone who thinks Thaksin in not behind this should do some research.

'I don't care who did it, it was Thaksin. Case closed.' 

1 minute ago, seajae said:

who would believe anything coming out of her mouth, she cant even write her own facebook comments, big brother once again telling her what to say for his benefit. This female is a total joke, cant wait to see the transcripts of what she actually says in the court room, will be good for a laugh. Until their is proof and not just conjecture no one knows who is responsible for the bombings but as we see the thaksin lovers are all out in force claiming it is the terrorists from down south not from up north that are responsible, time will tell.

'...and until then, he is guilty.'

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Civil conflict appears to be on the brew now. I would think a Yingluck conviction for dereliction of duty will push many of her supporters in the NE over the edge. 

The BRN (Patani independence movement) who committed the bombing attacks are not getting recognition that they expect either. The bombings were to force this government to recognise them and to the negotiating table. By refusing to acknowledge this was committed by Southern Separatists the junta is merely inviting further attacks. 

As the Khao Sod article from yesterday said, the separatists have crossed the Rubicon by attacking tourists. They resisted until this junta came along. That will be Prayuth's ultimate legacy, that he has allowed the Southern conflict to widen. 

It would not surprise me if we see the North and South unite in a common goal.

Hang on to your hats folks, a long, long period of instability and danger ahead I fear. 

More fantasy from the Irish teller of fables. Good try though.

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Civil conflict appears to be on the brew now. I would think a Yingluck conviction for dereliction of duty will push many of her supporters in the NE over the edge. 

The BRN (Patani independence movement) who committed the bombing attacks are not getting recognition that they expect either. The bombings were to force this government to recognise them and to the negotiating table. By refusing to acknowledge this was committed by Southern Separatists the junta is merely inviting further attacks. 

As the Khao Sod article from yesterday said, the separatists have crossed the Rubicon by attacking tourists. They resisted until this junta came along. That will be Prayuth's ultimate legacy, that he has allowed the Southern conflict to widen. 

Hang on to your hats folks, a long, long period of instability and danger ahead I fear. 

Danger ahead in deed. 

People will refute your analysis ......

Ignore the North and South common Goal .

Even intelligence agencies might be looking at moving these goons out the way,.

Push that theory and your a classified nut...

However a week on....no one caught ...

What will happen next ....

The leader? 

Way out...?

The CIA has the resources to take out the Junta leader.
If you think he entertains fantasies , you ought to get into my conspiracies .

I am thinking those bombs were merely the first shot.

You know how drones can blow the Kingdom Come out of a whole industrial estate used by ISIS ? 

I hope / think we might well see an assassination of some of these goons.
Signalling to the masses it's time to rebel.

America does have agents in Thailand .
Who else other than the military themselves co ordinate so many attacks .
And make it a clean get away?

A bomb taking out the ministers ( By way of drone) or truck packed with TNT and volunteer crazed Muslim would cement things.

Who over is doing this wants us to believe its Muslims .

What if this is a destabilising op by CIA .
They have in the past done this before and used Jewish intelligence agencies to help.

Very far out theories but we shall see.

Junta fans have to come to terms this isn't going to last .
One way or another.

3 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Is big brother coming back to make himself available to the court,    give evidence etc.  ?

Oh sorry he can't because he's afraid of flying,   well into LoS anyway.

No he won't come back, not least because he will be dead within a week of landing. The junta will probably be a bit more subtle than they were in the Philippines with Mr Aquino ( you may remember they slotted him on the steps of the airplane ) but the consequences would be the same. 

The pressure to find a "permanent solution " to the "Thaksin Problem", from those behind the coup and junta government would simply be too great.

The most probable result would be a popular uprising.

Thaksin doesn't want to be a martyr,  and the junta don't want a popular uprising, so he won't be back  ( just yet).

A political or judicial result does not go well for some, followed by multiple targeted bombings. This is not a new pattern. Rather, similar to multiple New Years Eve 2006 bombs in BKK (and others) following  Thaksin's ouster to present day.

Neither insurgents in the South nor any group made claims on the current attacks (similarly and very oddly, nor did the Uighurs group claim the Erawan attack). In this case, anyone could direct local elements using Malaysian phones for a simple ruse.  Meanwhile,  police have proven time and time again they don't really want to investigate properly, seemingly more inclined to find scapegoats (ala Koh Tao murder investigation).

So, who knows who's behind the current cowardly attacks? As always despite intensive police investigations into dozens of bombings since 2006, who knows?

Whoever is behind the current attacks, they do seem very angry in a targeted way (South yes vote areas/on a Royal day), also they appear bent on de-railing tourism (thus the economy) and moreover destabilising Thailand all in advance of a difficult transition period.

Not a junta fan-boy but given many past incidents and patterns to present day and with much more likely coming in transition, the Army is unfortunately/regretfully highly needed during this period to maintain a civil society and to preserve law and order - or, pin one's hopes on the Police and good luck with that.

Last: noted and next?

-Directly after confiscating 46 billion of Thaksin's ill gotten gains in 2010 unrest really kicked off.

-Now, family coffers face a massively higher 286 billion confiscation over rice scheme:
Yingluck hit with Bt286 billion damage bill over rice scheme
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-hit-with-Bt286-billion-damage-bill-over-r-30291926.html

Not saying this is at all related, just hope a double-down in escalations isn't on the cards again upcoming.

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

hi buddy...  as a former demolitions guy.  i noticed one thing.  the southern insurgents  dont <deleted> up remote detonation explosives.  yet here im seeing a 40% Unexploded ordinances.   is it the south?  not from what im seeing.   whY did they all of a sudden use a foreign phone?  as if they wanted to get caught.  Name me a single time that a bomb in the south went off and NOT KILL SOMEONE?  

Timed detonation is is for pussies that cant stay nearby to confirm.  (being a pussy , is a thaksin tactic)

next up. I know a few people in the south.  lets say im not supposed to talk about it cause I cant. even if its good.   They are more mad at chaing mai and thaksins peeps.   why were there no bombs up north?   

has brn taken credit ?  HAS IT?  cause they do that you know.  they take credit when credits is due. 

you actually think North and south .... unite ....common goal...to what exactly? destroy bkk? ?   bwwahahahahahahahahahhahahah. haha ...HA.   

not with your skill level, and not in my lifetime. 

kEEP YOUR DAY JOB. 

you are right about the instability and danger ahead.   thats because thais are too greedy and keep raising the prices when they have no money.   and prices are going to keep going up.   (fyi, housing is crashing now. a brand new building with condos, near thong lor was once 7mil+ now its 2.5Mil. dropped in 6 months.  not bad.  Id wait a few more months though.)  

Thai on thai crime is UP, thai on korean/japanese crime is also WAAAAAY up.  How long do you think before the banks start using the mafia (im sorry i mean a collection agency. ) to scare the customer to pay? 

Thailand is just like brazil in way of life.  Just like it.  different people... but the classes and clicks are there.  Im waiting for the first high profile kidnapping.  

The insurgents don't give statements. 

Anthony Davis, a security consultant with IHS Jane’s, said the attacks were staged by the BRN, the most military-capable of several groups fighting for independence in the Deep South, in a bid to force the junta to recognize its demands and start a meaningful peace dialogue.  

“What we saw was a watershed moment. The BRN has crossed the Rubicon, which is dangerous,” Davis said at the Foreign Correspondent’s Club of Thailand. “They are demanding Thai government respond to what happened, but today the government preferred not to respond at all. They fudge over it … instead of biting the bullet.”

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/08/18/separatists-crossed-rubicon/

So actually no one knows. This consultant obviously has an opinion. Fair enough. Lot's of opinions around.

18 minutes ago, JAG said:

No he won't come back, not least because he will be dead within a week of landing. The junta will probably be a bit more subtle than they were in the Philippines with Mr Aquino ( you may remember they slotted him on the steps of the airplane ) but the consequences would be the same. 

The pressure to find a "permanent solution " to the "Thaksin Problem", from those behind the coup and junta government would simply be too great.

The most probable result would be a popular uprising.

Thaksin doesn't want to be a martyr,  and the junta don't want a popular uprising, so he won't be back  ( just yet).

The usual Thaksin sycophants with their warnings of dire consequences. And yet, they can't even muster more than a slim majority in the home provinces. If people can't bother to vote in a referendum where they made their preferred result clear, you think they are going to involved in a revolt?

Thaksin's death will be a cause of celebration in much of the country, the party at my place will last a week.

Poor old Thaksin must be worried that many people will believe this (allegedly) baseless accusation, and he should know, he's thrown about many in his time. but you have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel when you get a known perjurer (old definition) and limited intellect prevaricator and liar to defend you.

In the first place, politically, the denial of YS that brother TS is not behind the bombings is not wise.

It is only proof she is a puppet for him

I wonder where all the wisdom about possible civil unrest in Thailand is coming from.

If indeed the southern unrest is broadening it's avenue no one is to blame as the southern perps.

And maybe their advisors from sandy, oil rich regions who know very well that "talks" in their eyes is a sign of weakness.

Please, don't make the mistake to use western ideas for Asian situations.

Nor project your ideas as wisdom.

Your last line has a ring of truth in it.

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

We shall see if it is fantasy or reality in due course. The experts say it was the BRN, the junta says a multitude of conflicting things with no evidence, none of which can be believed. 

I'll stick with the experts for just now thanks. 

Well dear father one thing is for sure - your aiming for the highest post count with a certain bias and not doing too bad. 

Off topic comment, repeating stuff already proved incorrect - well you need some big improvements.  

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The conviction or acquittal of Yingluck must be based on judging the evidence before the court, not on how her family's supporters or henchmen might react if they don't like the verdict. Chalerm used to threaten judges with dire consequences if they made the "wrong" decisions. Not acceptable in any society for judgments to me made in law courts based on threats or political consequences. 

Do you have evidence of who committed the recent bombings? Have you shared it with the police? Can you share with us? Or just speculation posted as fact? Have you given up an the false flag theories now? Or copycat theories?

There is no now more to a lot of this than is or likely will be shared for public consumption. But suggesting the Southern separatists would unite with a Northern political crime family whose patriarch presided over slaughters of their brethren is fanciful to say the least.

It seems strange that Thaksin feels he must try and sue for defamation and use Yingluck to also protest his innocence. Perhaps his experience of seeing people fitted up makes him nervous.