Woman to sue stranger for calling her 'fat animal' on social media

webfact

Woman to sue stranger for calling her 'fat animal' on social media

By Prae Sakaowan 

ac_0.jpg

Photo: Courtesy of Ploynaphat Trisuittiphakorn

BANGKOK: -- A 29-year-old woman is making sure a cyber bully will pay for their actions after she found a photo of herself on social media with a caption making fun of her body.

Ploynaphat Trisuittiphakorn filed a complaint with the Bang Sue police last week and is seeking compensation from a Facebook user who took a photo of her in public and posted it online with the caption: "You bumped into me and you didn't say sorry, you animal. You red-shirted, fat, short animal."

In an interview with Coconuts, Ploynaphat said she never realized she bumped into anyone, but if she did, that person should have come to her instead of taking her photo to post online.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/29/woman-sue-stranger-calling-her-fat-animal-social-media

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-29

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jesus, talk about thin skinned, seems thais have found another way to make money. We all know what our bodies look like, this girl even calls herself fat but want to sue someone else for doing the same thing, to be honest she is not that fat and there are a lot more that are way bigger. Pretty pathetic when we see this sort of crap starting to happen although people really need to think before posting pics of others with derogatory remarks but then some people are too stupid to realize they are doing the wrong thing while others cant handle the truth

44 minutes ago, seajae said:

jesus, talk about thin skinned, seems thais have found another way to make money. We all know what our bodies look like, this girl even calls herself fat but want to sue someone else for doing the same thing, to be honest she is not that fat and there are a lot more that are way bigger. Pretty pathetic when we see this sort of crap starting to happen although people really need to think before posting pics of others with derogatory remarks but then some people are too stupid to realize they are doing the wrong thing while others cant handle the truth

According to the story, she is annoyed because she was called an animal.

“I’m fat, okay. But why call me an animal? Am I that bad of a person?” she said,

1 hour ago, seajae said:

You seem to have missed the remark to her by 50% I believe it was "fat animal" along with others bit's, but if your ok with being called an "animal" or maybe your family, then hey if your cool with it man,   or did that last word "animal" put a little pepper on it?

After working in the mining game for X years I have heard more  than few a few  colorful comment's that have been thrown at others and myself, but you have to have a thick skin to work in that game.

13 hours ago, seajae said:

I do not like the idea that someone can snap a photo of me without my consent and then post that photo of me on social media avaialble to complete strsngers and make an unsubstantated claim about me.

All of you that seem unsympathetic to this woman don't appear to comprehend the larger issue here.

What if someone snapped a photo of you and posted it along with a caption you said derogatory things against Islam or any other number of fabrications? The real question here is  do we as citizens in this electronic age have the right to any personal privacy?

52 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

I do not like the idea that someone can snap a photo of me without my consent and then post that photo of me on social media avaialble to complete strsngers and make an unsubstantated claim about me.

All of you that seem unsympathetic to this woman don't appear to comprehend the larger issue here.

What if someone snapped a photo of you and posted it along with a caption you said derogatory things against Islam or any other number of fabrications? The real question here is  do we as citizens in this electronic age have the right to any personal privacy?

Many a long year ago a photographer in Scotland was charged with assault for taking a picture without permission and having been asked not to.

He was acquitted   !

39 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Many a long year ago a photographer in Scotland was charged with assault for taking a picture without permission and having been asked not to.

He was acquitted   !

For me, having my image displayed publicly without my consent (which I would never give) is violation of my privacy but to then have it accompanied by an unflattering accusation where I am accused of some act or statement with no right to defend myself against an accuser gets my blood boiling. 

Whether I am actually protected by law from such things I know not...but the photographer might do well to avoid me seeing him in the future  ;-)

I take it the person who posted the photo and comment on f/b is one of the many brain dead who need to post things like when she had her last crap

Big deal someone bumped into you , take a look at what you were doing, no doubt head buried in your phone

Too bad you were not bumped in front of a train

Call me fat and I laugh at you

Call me an animal and watch me rearrange your thinking and looks

16 hours ago, seajae said:

It's the insane PC world we live in,it's now even considered wrong to say 'plus size', fat is fat as far as i'm concerned although the lady in question looks rather nice, plump not fat, calling her an animal was over the top. There are many reports that body shaming has caused people,usually women but some men as well, to lose weight which they wouldn't have done otherwise. ''Does this dress make me look fat darling''? "No, it's the fat that makes you look fat''

1 hour ago, monkey4u said:

I take it the person who posted the photo and comment on f/b is one of the many brain dead who need to post things like when she had her last crap

Big deal someone bumped into you , take a look at what you were doing, no doubt head buried in your phone

Too bad you were not bumped in front of a train

Call me fat and I laugh at you

Call me an animal and watch me rearrange your thinking and looks

And my dad is bigger than your dad...........:clap2: