What's The Most Favourable Climate Zone In Thailand?

Brewster67

1 hour ago, Mangkhut said:

Agree with the first you say. But there are always trolls wandering around. Just dont feed them....

Also quite a few humour-deficient over serious farangs around, it's surprising they manage in light-hearted Thailand...

Edited by TacoGuy

2 hours ago, hdkane said:

I visited Chang Rai for a week a few years back, and it was actually cold at night, requiring a jacket...I found the place rather enjoyable, with everything anyone would need...and not so many farang as Chang Mai...it was just a bit far from BKK for me. Good hunting.

One mystery here - it can be cheaper to fly from Chiang Rai to Bangkok than from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, even though it's 200 km further. Looking for a logical explanation for this.

In the hills around Chiang Rai, government agencies issue blankets to the local tribes every winter, because it can get cold enough to kill.

I've been all over Thailand since 1971.  I've been living in Naklua, 15 minutes walking distance from the beach.  It really is a micro climate out here "on the point."  There are lots of open fields and old growth trees  which is not only nice to see but lends to better air quality.  Never use AC on the 21st floor.

When I want, it's only a 15 minute bhat bus ride from the Circus/Zoo in Pattaya.  Unfortunately the ocean is beyond filthy but I have a half olympic size pool at the condos I live in, thats maintained perfectly.  For decent, not the best, water and snorkeling, I head out to Nual Beach on Koh Larn.  The rest of the island is rapidly being spoiled.  I think this place will be good for a few more years.  60 bhat round trip for some nice hiking and a great beach day.

I'm satisfied here for now.  Who knows what the future will bring. Nice thread thanks...:wai2:

22 hours ago, TacoGuy said:

Also quite a few humour-deficient over serious farangs around, it's surprising they manage in light-hearted Thailand...

And your opinions and thoughts about OPs questions are what?

Humour are great when it can be considered humour, nonsense are always nonsense. 

Edited by Mangkhut

On 8/30/2016 at 10:05 PM, TacoGuy said:

Way back I posted a thread on this forum suggesting tv members who have a common destination and are reluctant to travel solo to band together and make a group train trip. Some great "humorist" posted this "well-wishing" reply:

- Good luck with your plan, hope it won't get derailed.

. That's HUMOR for you, eh?

Edited by smo