Dr Wisanu: S44 may be invoked to suspend over 20 senior officials

snoop1130

Dr Wisanu: S44 may be invoked to suspend over 20 senior officials

7_Wisanu-wpcf_728x409.jpg

Section 44 of the interim constitution will be invoked to suspend from active duties over 20 senior government officials of C8-9 levels suspected to be involved in corruption, Deputy Prime Minister Wisanu Krea-ngarm disclosed on Friday.

After a meeting of the National Anti-Corruption Committee chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha on Friday, Dr Wisanu said the committee received a report about 237 officials being investigated for alleged involvement in corruption. Of these, the probe concerning 62 cases were completed and eight of them were fired with 105 cases still pending probes and 63 other cases in the process of evidences collection.

He said that the investigation of all of these cases concern disciplinary actions and the cases will go through judicial process only after the disciplinary probes are completed.

Dr Wisanu declined to comment when asked about the National Reform Steering Council’s proposed recommendations about four organic laws for the Constitution Drafting Committee.

He maintained that it is the prerogative of the CDC to draft the organic laws and relevant agencies can propose their recommendations to the CDC for consideration.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dr-wisanu-s44-may-invoked-suspend-20-senior-officials/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-02

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Only 20 c8-c9 officials. Good heavens even i know more than 20.

What about the others 1000s.

Why stop at 8-9 level, higher ups are even more corrupt.

The longest journey starts with the first step. Would you rather they did nothing?

The Thai civil service bureaucracy has 11 ranks numbered C1 through C11. In 2005, out of a total of 345,019 civil servants in ranks C1 through C7, 61.2% were women. Out of 14,700 civil servants at C8 rank, 40.4% were women. At rank C9, 24.4% were women, with 16.4% at C10 and 9.7% at the highest rank C11. The relative lack of women at the highest levels of the civil service is matched by their relative absence in the top ranks of government institutions such as the National Audit Commission, the Ombudsman’s Office, the National Counter-Corruption Commission, and the Constitutional Courts and the Administrative Courts.
Taken from this document:-

Maximizing Human Well-Being in Thailand by Minimizing the Negative Effects of Economic Downturns on Thai Women – A Multi-dimensional, Cross-Disciplinary Perspective

Associate Professor Yada Praparpun,
Department of Economics, Ramkhamhaeng University, Bangkok, Thailand
&
Assistant Professor Richard Lynch,
Graduate School of Education, Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand

8 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Highly likely...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Starting with that nice Mr (you can trust me) Prayuth...?

Winnie

what a stupid post and there was me thinking you actually have a grasp of things

If these people have done wrong then lets see it go to court........there is more going on here than any elected government would ever consider doing, things are changing in Thailand whether you want to believe it or not, people are slowly and surely being exposed ........................ give me one example of how PTP made any attempt to process corrupt officials, I will tell you now....zero, do you know why ?

I hope this route continues - a very clear message is being sent - corruption in Thailand will no longer be tolerated, I don't care if they use Section 44 as long as they target the right people - take back the millions/billions that have been stolen from the Thai people.................. and long may it continue

11 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

Is this the list?

Prayut%2BChan-o-cha%2BThai%2Bjunta.jpg

I know a family that bought a small plot of land in Bangkok and pattaya 25 years ago, they are now worth billions............I also know some friends of mine that bought land in the UK 25 years ago and they are now very rich indeed

<DELETED!> is the point you are trying to make, there is not enough room for all the zeros when you add up the money Thaksin and his family have massed from the Thai people over the last 25years, you better get a bigger page to display that one, most Thais couldn't comprehend so many zeros - they  would not have a clue just how much this convicted criminal and family have taken from them - no clue 100000000000000000000000001

people make money if they have they have the forsight and the balls to take the risk

others get so powerful that they ignore the law filling their pockets with enormous wealth and using their position to propel more wealth and then they get caught and don't like it.............................the rest is history 

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

I know a family that bought a small plot of land in Bangkok and pattaya 25 years ago, they are now worth billions............I also know some friends of mine that bought land in the UK 25 years ago and they are now very rich indeed

<DELETED!>  is the point you are trying to make, there is not enough room for all the zeros when you add up the money Thaksin and his family have massed from the Thai people over the last 25years, you better get a bigger page to display that one, most Thais couldn't comprehend so many zeros - they  would not have a clue just how much this convicted criminal and family have taken from them - no clue 100000000000000000000000001

people make money if they have they have the forsight and the balls to take the risk

others get so powerful that they ignore the law filling their pockets with enormous wealth and using their position to propel more wealth and then they get caught and don't like it.............................the rest is history 

"and then they get caught and don't like it" Like Suthep inciting a 100,000-strong march of protesters to defend his honour....

The point I am trying to make, and thanks for your input, is that I don't think anyone is clean—the fugitive criminal included. He was careless and stupid enough to not cover his tracks, or not have the right connections, or not have the right friends in the DPP or judiciary - that does not make him the only criminal here. By writing off the overt and universally acknowledged corruption in the RTA and RTP, simply because there have been few convictions (yet innumerable inactive postings)—when it is equally acknowledged how partial the justice system is here—makes you look like another junta fanboy rather than someone who actually does have a grasp on things.

Please don't drag me into this false dichotomy that you, and a lot of others here, present; just because I am against the junta, Suthep, the royalist sycophants, it *does not* mean that I am for Thaksin or his red shirt thugs. I thought I have made that clear here on many occasions. 

The entire system sucks, no matter who is (supposedly) in power, it is the Thai people who suffer. And things are about to get much much much worse.

Edited by jamesbrock

7 hours ago, smedly said:

"...there is not enough room for all the zeros when you add up the money Thaksin and his family have massed from the Thai people over the last 25years, you better get a bigger page to display that one, most Thais couldn't comprehend so many zeros - they  would not have a clue just how much this convicted criminal and family have taken from them - no clue 100000000000000000000000001".

Assuming one is a foreigner, it is interesting to note your considerable insight into this person's financial situation together with your open hostility towards him. Just how it was gained is up for speculation.  Scrutiny of current members of the illegal military junta would be extremely interesting, particularly when one considers their base military pay coupled with their illegal receipt of MPs salary and allowances etc.  Seemingly, criminality and corruption knows no boundaries in Thailand.   

3 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

"and then they get caught and don't like it" Like Suthep inciting a 100,000-strong march of protesters to defend his honour....

The point I am trying to make, and thanks for your input, is that I don't think anyone is clean—the fugitive criminal included. He was careless and stupid enough to not cover his tracks, or not have the right connections, or not have the right friends in the DPP or judiciary - that does not make him the only criminal here. By writing off the overt and universally acknowledged corruption in the RTA and RTP, simply because there have been few convictions (yet innumerable inactive postings)—when it is equally acknowledged how partial the justice system is here—makes you look like another junta fanboy rather than someone who actually does have a grasp on things.

Please don't drag me into this false dichotomy that you, and a lot of others here, present; just because I am against the junta, Suthep, the royalist sycophants, it *does not* mean that I am for Thaksin or his red shirt thugs. I thought I have made that clear here on many occasions. 

The entire system sucks, no matter who is (supposedly) in power, it is the Thai people who suffer. And things are about to get much much much worse.

James; what you say is true but it's been said many many times to these folk - Smedders included, and it's like water of a duck's back. They'r not listening and they're not paying attention.

Winnie

5 hours ago, xineohp said:

Assuming one is a foreigner, it is interesting to note your considerable insight into this person's financial situation together with your open hostility towards him. Just how it was gained is up for speculation.  Scrutiny of current members of the illegal military junta would be extremely interesting, particularly when one considers their base military pay coupled with their illegal receipt of MPs salary and allowances etc.  Seemingly, criminality and corruption knows no boundaries in Thailand.   

It's amusing that whenever the corruption of the Shinawatra's is mentioned, and even more so with the prime offender, somebody immediately diverts the subject elsewhere.

Is it speculation thst he awarded himself a contract to supply computers to the BIB while he was a serving officer and his F-I-L was head of the RTP? Is it speculation that he was awarded a monopoly on the fastest growing business in the world, and then overcharged Thais for mobile phone services? Are his self-serving corrupt acts in government speculation too?