Hospital chief says suspect’s ‘murder’ aimed at tainting DSI’s reputation

rooster59

Hospital chief says suspect’s ‘murder’ aimed at tainting DSI’s reputation

Piyanuch Thamnukasetchai
Angsuma Sridokkham
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK:-- Illegal land-deed registration suspect Tawatchai Anukul was likely murdered, the director of Mongkutwattana General Hospital director said yesterday.

Speaking about the mysterious death of Tawatchai, hospital director Rienthong Nanna, said persons involved in the killing might have wanted to defame the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) in the eyes of the public and affect the credibility of the other important cases the agency was investigating.

"This case has high potential to be a murder case and it's possible a lower-ranking DSI officer was involved in the death of Tawatchai while the senior DSI officers were in the dark," Rienthong said.

"The murder of Tawatchai will sway public opinion against the DSI. I urge the public to carefully consider this case and not blame the DSI until everything becomes clear," he said.

DSI director-general Pol Colonel Paisit Wongmuang declined to comment on Rienthong's remarks and only stated that the law will take its course if anyone was found involved in Tawatchai's death.

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-04

I urge the public not to blame the DSI. Why not he was in their custody at the time.

If they detain someone they have a duty of care for that person.

Every DSI officer, whether senior or junior has a case to answer if they were involved in this.

The absolute <deleted> that these people come out with is absolutely mindblowing....

"This case has high potential to be a murder case and it's possible a lower-ranking DSI officer was involved in the death of Tawatchai while the senior DSI officers were in the dark," Rienthong said.

And this from a member of society that in most parts of the world it would be safe to assume has an iq higher than double digits....scary...

If you are trying to cover up a murder in custody, 

you dont say the suspect hanged himself with a

pair of socks,you will only be laughed at in disbelief. 

I think the need to set up an  impartial Internal Affairs,

department,with honest ,(yes I know that will be the

difficult part) investigators.

Its not as though this is the first incident of this kind,

you get put in a cell,knowing things about influential

persons, that you might divulge , you are not going to last long.

regards worgeordie

Rienthong Nanna Mongkutwattana General Hospital Director, can I ask you all to make a note of this chaps name. For I am sure we will be seeing a lot more of it as he rises through the ranks of the junta hierarchy.

He surely is "a party man" and will get his rewards.

I can only hope that one day when the junta is gone he will get his "just rewards".

Members will recall the good doctor from his previous ( probably ongoing) role as self-proclaimed protector of the monarchy ( and his mission to seek and destroy those HE DEEMS to be troublesome). His involvement and the use of his hospital for such matters is troubling.

10 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Interesting article today by the Scottish journalist that used to work for Reuters about the recent spate of suspicious deaths in custody. 

Yes, mandatory reading for anyone with an interest in Thailand.

I showed my wife, and her reply was a melancholy, "I know, darling." (And 112 other things I can't mention)

Edited by jamesbrock

19 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Members will recall the good doctor from his previous ( probably ongoing) role as self-proclaimed protector of the monarchy ( and his mission to seek and destroy those HE DEEMS to be troublesome). His involvement and the use of his hospital for such matters is troubling.

I'm interested in hearing from the hospital director on the findings of the autopsy, discussion of whether resuscitation can or cannot cause internal injuries, and other medical matters in this case.

However, somehow, it seems not quite the doctor's business, or purview, to be speculating about political motivations, possible suspects, etc etc. It's bad enough when supposedly professional people don't even act professionally in their own profession. It's worse when they try to do so outside their supposed profession.

2 hours ago, mark131v said:

The absolute <deleted> that these people come out with is absolutely mindblowing....

And this from a member of society that in most parts of the world it would be safe to assume has an iq higher than double digits....scary...

Hospital Director? I wouldnt count on the double digits

2 hours ago, Chookie said:

And the hospital director would know about this? How? Not enough directing work for him to do or did he just want some microphone time?

Chook

My thoughts exactly. For a hospital director he sure seems privy to the inner workings of the DSI.

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Interesting article today by the Scottish journalist that used to work for Reuters about the recent spate of suspicious deaths in custody. 

That's not enough information to locate the article.  If you can't provide a link, can you give us the title of the article and/or the name of the journalist?

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

That's not enough information to locate the article.  If you can't provide a link, can you give us the title of the article and/or the name of the journalist?

He names Andrew and banned from Thailand and wanted by Thailand government for hes bad articles/books about the kingdom. Think this will help you out:wai2:

Hes wife got arrested for some time ago, but released again, cause of no proves

Edited by carstenp
more hints

... it's possible a lower-ranking DSI officer was involved in the death of Tawatchai

At least someone showed the decency and wisdom not to blame it on the gardener.

For more useful information related to the case visit our website: www.honestcopthailand.com

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

If it was a mission to silence him, an assassin would have been used rather than having the whole mess in the DSI building. I'm wondering if it was clumsy  interrogation that led to Anakul's death.

I think you're likely right....it sounds like they kicked the daylights out of him and later realised he was in serious trouble

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

If it was a mission to silence him, an assassin would have been used rather than having the whole mess in the DSI building. I'm wondering if it was clumsy  interrogation that led to Anakul's death.

Seems likely. People watch movies like "Die Hard" or "Dirty Harry" and don't think about how easy it is to kill. Or how hard, sometimes, there are astonishing cases of people surviving horrific injuries. Anyway, you see those cops' kids attacking the disabled guy with sword and you have to think they've lost track of reality. Even watching the security camera footage of a couple three guys attacking someone with what looked like baseball bats. Of course the guy died. Lots of American prisoners died at Bagram because the "interrogators" didn't realize how fragile life is.

4 hours ago, Psimbo said:

So, now the Hospital Director is privy to the case- one wonders how high up strings are being pulled.

I can't believe they expect people to buy into this complete BS- its so amateurish it beggars belief.

Since when does a hospital administrator get to discuss his theories on who killed someone?  What other cases will he be personally solving.  I think we have a television show idea here, CSI Thailand.  Except every episode ends with nobody being caught and someone getting a bribe.  

That said, it is far more likely that someone he was going to rat on paid off a low level DSI guy to silence him than someone high up in the DSI thinking, "Nobody will ever suspect us."