Israel targets Syrian army after errant fire hits Golan 

webfact

17 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

If you were well read you would understand it is far far more complex than that. The problem is these days that most people can't be bothered to spend time reading, they just switch the box on and swallow the crap they are fed.

OK, so when I watch the news I see arabs killing arabs. That these arabs are on different sides is irrelevant, They are all muslims killing muslims, some in the name of Islam!!! How is that being fed crap?   

A post with an altered quote has been removed.   Please don't change a quote inside the text box.   If you wish to highlight a portion of it, copy it outside the text box first.  

Some members are more sensitive to these changes than others and it does violate the rules.  

37 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I do not remember commenting on Golan before. As usual, you are very mistaken.

I do not remember any previous threads about the Golan. I do not remember any conversations anywhere conflating the annexation of the Golan with the occupation of the West Bank.  Neither do I remember encountering any conversations regarding an occupation of the Sea of Galilee.

Alas for Steely Dan, my very dated recommendation for the Golan region, the hot springs at Hamat Gader, has been turned into some dreadful godawful gaudy  tourist attraction. Perhaps the Druze town of Majdal-Shams has retained some vestiges of charm

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I do not remember commenting on Golan before. As usual, you are very mistaken.

Occupied: To be resident of; dwell in.

Well memory does tend to slip with age. Do you remember this?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/913535-israel-treads-carefully-with-claim-to-golan/?do=findComment&comment=10690354

or this?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/900773-oic-extraordinary-summit-on-palestine-kicks-off-in-jakarta/?do=findComment&comment=10504518

or this?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772536-un-political-chief-criticizes-israel-for-new-settlement-plans/?do=findComment&comment=8638905

As usual, you are very mistaken.

Really Ulysses?

verb (used with object)occupied,occupying.
to take or fill up (space, time, etc.):
to engage or employ the mind, energy, orattention of:
to be a resident or tenant of; dwell in:
to hold (a position, office, etc.).
to take possession and control of (a place), as by military invasion.
(usually initial capital letterto participate in aprotest about (a social or political issue), as bytaking possession or control of buildings or publicplaces that are symbolic of the issue: Let’sOccupy our voting rights!

I think item 5 suitably describes the situation. - Occupied. You seemed to miss that one of your definition - funny that.

1 hour ago, Johpa said:

I do not remember any previous threads about the Golan. I do not remember any conversations anywhere conflating the annexation of the Golan with the occupation of the West Bank.  Neither do I remember encountering any conversations regarding an occupation of the Sea of Galilee.

Alas for Steely Dan, my very dated recommendation for the Golan region, the hot springs at Hamat Gader, has been turned into some dreadful godawful gaudy  tourist attraction. Perhaps the Druze town of Majdal-Shams has retained some vestiges of charm

Seems your memory is failing also. Oops look below here you are discussing and conversing Golan and the occupation of the West Bank. Don't worry you are not alone with your memory loss. Like minded kindred spirits are here to keep you company ;)

On April 29, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Johpa said:

The Golan is a completely separate issue from the illegal, unwanted, and unnecessary occupation of the West Bank. The Golan region was sparsely populated and ethnically Druze and not Syrian. The only Syrian populations were the military camps. There is a plausible argument that Israel should maintain the Golan for basic security based upon geography. This is in sharp contrast to the West Bank territories which are more densely populated by an Arab population that will actively resist the ridiculous occupation and is a region that apart form some minor adjustments, does not pose a significant security threat based upon geography.

43 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Well memory does tend to slip with age. Do you remember this?

No I don't. These threads have been going on for years and my memory is not what it used to be. However, I certainly got it right anyway. :)

"Of course, the Golan Heights should remain "under Israel's sovereignty permanently." Syria can not be trusted to keep the peace otherwise."

Edited by Ulysses G.

44 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

I think item 5 suitably describes the situation. - Occupied. You seemed to miss that one of your definition - funny that.

I was the one who used the word. I know which definition applies to my statement. You are interpreting it the way that you would like it to be. You are mistaken yet again.

Occupied: To be resident of; dwell in.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Off-topic posts have been removed.   Continued trolling will result in suspensions. 

Digging through old posts to target other members is called stalking and is against forum rules.  

Please re-read the OP and stay on topic.   The topic isn't about what other members have said or posted.  

You have been warned.