In Thailand is it legal to recorded Audio of neighbor without his permission?

HenryB

In most countries it's legal to record noice of others that you hear in your house and your property as long as y out don't invade their space to record. The only restriction is phone conversations that's not approved by both parties except in no fault states where only one party "you" have to agree and you don't have to tell the other party you record. New York State is one of them

38 minutes ago, Michael8511 said:

In most countries it's legal to record noice of others that you hear in your house and your property as long as y out don't invade their space to record. The only restriction is phone conversations that's not approved by both parties except in no fault states where only one party "you" have to agree and you don't have to tell the other party you record. New York State is one of them

We're in Thailand, Don't give a monkey's bout New York

Better to consult with a competent law firm and have them show you the written law in Thailand, and recent Court decisions.

I owned a P.I. Agency and a Insurance Adjustment Co. for 30 years.

Much of the information you are getting here is not 100 per cent accurate even in the U.S. In the U.S. courts do allow recordings in specific circumstances such as a death or for impeachment purposes. In some states it may be legal to record a telephone conversation without having gotten permission, as long as you were party to the conversation. Where it can get complicated is if you're calling another state where it's illegal.

This is a subject that can get very complicated and you're not totally safe unless you actually look at the specific written statutes and even recent Court decisions that can set a precedent.

Keep in mind if you record a conversation and say something not politically correct or illegal, that recording might be subpoenaed and used to prosecute you. In some countries you might not even get to trial!

Grammar police posts and replies have been removed. A post commenting on moderation has been removed as well. 

Moderators are not able to review each and every post that is posted on the forum.  Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to report objectionable posts, the report button is located at the top of each and every post.  

from my experience there are laws against anything in thailand,just no one gives a s**t.

there was one that you need a drivers permit for a bicycle,from 1903 to about 2012 if i recall correctly.

not long ago there was a new one against spitting and blowing your nose and such in public,seriously!

I would think that any audio that escapes their property, is in the public domain and should have no expectation of privacy,

How one uses such recording is an other story. there are limitations to intellectual property, and self incrimination.

5 hours ago, HenryB said:

I love fools who work for peanuts and have peanuts saved correcting my beautiful grammar

Get life

Don't worry about it, you're in the majority on this forum--just look at the posts which preceded this one; each one was either grammatically incorrect or spelled improperly.

The next time the noisy neighbor starts his act, I would video my girlfriend trying to recite poetry over the din. 

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

I would think that any audio that escapes their property, is in the public domain and should have no expectation of privacy,

How one uses such recording is an other story. there are limitations to intellectual property, and self incrimination.

Agreed.  If, in your house you can hear your neighbor's conversation without doing something to amplify it, then it is no longer a private conversation.  Same for people carrying on in the street.

Had neighbors once, bunch of youngsters, came home about 3 am all loud and drunk, woke me up.  Got up to take a whiz, heard someone say "the guy next door is listening!"  Well, I would have been sleeping but...

As if I care about what they talk about.