Where do you stay in Phuket and do you like your area ?

andytyl

Live on the beach in Khao Khad opposite Cape Panwa. No shops, few restaurants especially in the low season, quiet at night, great sea breezes, good rains, not super hot, no a/c, you need a car, Phuket Town 12 klicks, Chalong 14 klicks. But a beautiful beach with maybe 30 people on a busy day. If you like sailing or have a boat it is perfect. Love living here, much like Hawaii. 

I have been arround the island everywhere but Patong is very crowded unless you stay on the hill behind. Kata and Karon more expensive. Khaolak isolated. Nice is arround the Sirinat nat. park. But then I choose to buy a unit in Cherngtalae, Hill Myna condo, near Tesco Lotus Bangtao beach and with the only Villamarket in Phuketat 1k not far from Laguna and Surin beach with a nice hill and pinetree forest behind and many small restaurants arround. Clean and tidee area for living without being isolated and close to airport.

8 hours ago, MaxiMaxi said:

I have been arround the island everywhere but Patong is very crowded unless you stay on the hill behind. Kata and Karon more expensive. Khaolak isolated. Nice is arround the Sirinat nat. park. But then I choose to buy a unit in Cherngtalae, Hill Myna condo, near Tesco Lotus Bangtao beach and with the only Villamarket in Phuketat 1k not far from Laguna and Surin beach with a nice hill and pinetree forest behind and many small restaurants arround. Clean and tidee area for living without being isolated and close to airport.

Only Villamarket in Phuket?

You sure about that?

17 hours ago, williet98248 said:

I live in Land and House Park near Wat Chalong  This a gated and secure community of middle class Thais and expats.  Garbage and yard waste pickup, area maintenance and community center with gym, pool and restaurant.  Quiet, safe and secure inside; Thailand outside.

Same here:) and I would like to add the proximity to Lotus & Villa market, which makes it even more convenient

3 hours ago, tomwct said:

Why Phuket! It's a Cesspool. If you like the beach, there are many options other than Phuket and Pattaya!

The island is 30 miles long and 10 miles wide.....I am still looking for the cesspool, but maybe that was where you lived.

Are you a Thai lady?

1.) Where you stay in Phuket?

2.) You like Thai lady?

3.) You like my sister?

Just kidding of course,I lived in Kathu for a year on the Phuket Country Club and it was absolutely fantastic,well away from the madness but a short jaunt over Patong Hill to get into the middle of it all.Probably not recommended if you want to live the party lifestyle and in the rain the drive up and over and back can get a bit hairy,so you probably need to be an experienced motorbike rider to do it safely,especially after a couple of beers.
Having said all that Central Festival is just down the road and Tops market for all your shopping,I had a pool villa overlooking the golf course and it was just absolutely idyllic for me!

4 hours ago, tomwct said:

Why Phuket! It's a Cesspool. If you like the beach, there are many options other than Phuket and Pattaya!

I have to agree that a lot of it is and so many scams,muggings on Sai Yuan by Thai youths etc.For me Phang Nga would probably be a much better,unspoilt so far,incredibly beautiful location to live!

On Wednesday, September 07, 2016 at 8:53 AM, phuketrichard said:

lol

guess he has  this fot been around as much as he thinks

You cannot know how much I was arround In the 5 continents and Villamarkets are a very small detail to be underlined. But If this makes you so satisfied then I'm happy to be your target.

Che Dio ti benedica

33 minutes ago, MaxiMaxi said:

Sorry, not being of an english language country I couldn't get the meaning. Can you kindly explain?

Thank you

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/have+egg+on+facehave egg on one's face

Fig. to be embarrassed by something one has done. (As if one went out in public with a dirtyface.) I was completely wrong, and now I have egg on my face. She's really got egg on herface!

I live  in Karon, Nice beach good local and expat restaurants, not super busy like Patong but only 10 mins over the hill

Also there is multiple routes up north and south of the island, good for when the traffic is bad

Most things are only a short trip away, what more do you want..

Patong.

I like the variety of restaurants, cafes, shops, markets, bars and nightclubs, and used to enjoy meeting partying tourists, from all around the world, however this is not as easy as in the past. 

I do not drive / ride under the influence, so that made Patong the only option.

I swim at Kata, and would like to live there, but the transport issue on Phuket currently dictates I reside in Patong.

Edited by NamKangMan